Nam Oon sentenced to 8 years over ‘Lunlabelle’ case

webfact

17 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Why did that guy react in that way ?

If she did of alcohol poisoning in her sleep , the normal reaction would have been to just call for help , an ambulance or the police ...

Why did he need to carry her lifeless body down to his condo's lobby and dispose it there ?

Stupid thing to do , or was he still drunk ...?

I hope everyone is aware that there are CCTVs EVERYWHERE in Thailand.

21 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

It's not a good idea to take a girl back home in such a state in any country.  Women in such a drunk state are extremely vulnerable and should be sent back home to their safety right away. 

Presumably the guy would be just as drunk ....... why does nobody want to protect him from predatory women?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Can't imagine why the other guys at the party got jail sentences, it's inexplicable.

At least one of the defendants was a woman.  Maybe more...  Hard to tell from the names alone.  But one was described as Chaiyaphon's girlfriend Phikunthong Bunpha, 24

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Presumably the guy would be just as drunk ....... why does nobody want to protect him from predatory women?

The thing is, even if you don't actually touch them, they could even accuse you of doing something without their consent. it's just not worth the potential danger in my opinion. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:
10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The thing is, even if you don't actually touch them, they could even accuse you of doing something without their consent. it's just not worth the potential danger in my opinion. 

Nowadays, you could say that about sober women, too.   But eventually the human population would collapse if nobody took the risk.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonathan Swift said:

how about just don't get recklessly drunk at all ever in Thailand? For a thousand good reasons? I was once a heavy drinker, now just a couple beers once in a while, nice and safe. And I don't go anywhere NEAR drunk women, I just don't like drunk people period. Each to his own of course. 

I've learned to get drunk while locked at home in my room.

Drinking alone, it can't be beat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nowadays, you could say that about sober women, too.   But eventually the human population would collapse if nobody took the risk.

Yeah, it's true. luckily though i don't think it is as common here in Thailand as it is in the west.
of course there are always risks, but i guess one can lower their risks by not bothering with women who are in such a paralytic, drunk state? 

Edited by Kaopad999

1 hour ago, bander said:

Alcohol and drugs can make people do stupid things, in this case one girl is dead and 5 party members involved sentenced to 5 years in jail. 

Be careful out there if you bring a drunk lady from the bar home with you and she pass out and die while you are sleeping. 

5 years in Thai prison is not what you want in LOS.

Another nail in the coffin for Thailand as tourist destination? 

...hmmm!...People do stupid things...alcohol/drugs do not make you do anything!

'the drunk lady' was forced to be drunk by people holding her mouth open and pouring the intoxicating liquor down her throat !!

Nothing to do with tourism as both are/were Thais. 

This type of behaviour is common place in any city of the world.

Men behaving badly and being totally irresponsible more like it.

Drugs are illegal, what more can i say!

Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.

The accused took full advantage of her status and left her for dead.

Sort of blows your rendition out of the water...IMHO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

how about just don't get recklessly drunk at all ever in Thailand? For a thousand good reasons? I was once a heavy drinker, now just a couple beers once in a while, nice and safe. And I don't go anywhere NEAR drunk women, I just don't like drunk people period. Each to his own of course. 

Used to be the same also. Can't say i was a heavy drinker as such, but i certainly used to binge drink on weekends.. 

Much more happy now that i drink in moderation.  Less drama, more money, + better health (mentally & Physically)  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

It's not a good idea to take a girl back home in such a state in any country.  Women in such a drunk state are extremely vulnerable and should be sent back home to their safety right away. 

If you mean don't drag home a dead body, I'd agree.  Autopsy results showed she was dead between 15:00 and 19:00.  Her smartwatch says her heart quit beating at 17:00.  Which is before he "took her back home".  Apparently she was dead at the party.

Coconuts Bangkok has an extensive group of articles about the whole sordid mess.

• Like 1