Proposal to cut tourist quarantine to 10 days in pipeline

webfact

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now the Thai health authorities are preparing to recommend to the cabinet that the 14 day quarantine requirement for low risk foreign tourists be reduced to 10.

How many coundry is low risk? Zero where normaly coming tourist! Ok China can always count low risk coundry coz have so many people there, so even 1 million case not show in "risk numbers"! 

Hole thing is aim to create big "China hub". Word what they love so much , todays new "hub"!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Step by step.

I'll wait and see if it does pass the cabinet.

If it does I'll see it as a sign of more willingness to try other options, good!

Perhaps then there might be further discussion about testing methods.

Step by step.

I know what your saying .....  in that a small step at a time is better than nothing,  and while i agree with that I still think most folks will NOT travel while ever there is any quarantine in place.   just saying. thx

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm sure Thai people being repatriated will be thrilled with this news?

Seems like they discover positives during the second test in quarantine. Is that day 11, or day 13, seen both.

Can't see a -4 day move being a huge incentive for tourists?

But desperation leads to weird ideas here.

Are those the Thais that don't have to get tested to board the plane that these infected "tourists" are on?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I know what your saying .....  in that a small step at a time is better than nothing,  and while i agree with that I still think most folks will NOT travel while ever there is any quarantine in place.   just saying. thx

How true. Now we all stand by for Khun Anutin to explain further.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

Thai's are good at copying. They should just copy everything Singapore does re tourists a month later. Things down there seem mostly sensible.

Copy Singapore?

2 September 2020

Singapore’s borders are now reopening gradually to allow safe travel in limited numbers, with the necessary safeguards in place to ensure public health considerations are addressed.

General Advisory for Visitors

1. Short-term visitors are not allowed entry into Singapore, except those coming in under the Green/Fast Lane arrangements, the Air Travel Pass or with special prior approval. 

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-on-covid-19.html

The aforementioned "Green/Fast lane arrangements" are solely for mainland Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every day a new announcement a new twist no wonder local Immigration offices and overseas Embassies have no idea what the actual rules are and that they are all finding different interpretations of the law but exercising extreme caution. Forget the tourism nobody can keep up with the ever changing rules and the hurdles of entry yet alone the quarantine prison sentence. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why not 7 days? stupid question I know

Because 7 days would miss a significant number of infections.

10 days on the other hand will catch 95% of them.

Very big difference.

The bigger questions is why only for "tourists from "ow risk countries". Would make sense IMO to reduce it to 10 days across the board.

• Like 1