Trump slams Facebook, Twitter for taking down Biden story in NY Post

webfact

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Ratcliffe has no authority to speak for the FBI. The FBI has not supported what Ratcliffe maintains. It neither confirms not denies. Which is what you'd expect it to do if an investigation were underway.

He is the director of National Intelligence. He is responsible for passing intelligence to the Congress of the USA for briefing. Are you saying he went on national television and told a purposeful lie to deceive the American public? That (1) really there is intelligence that says that Russians are behind this laptop, and he decided not to tell anyone? Or (2) that the info was not passed to him? Or (3) he has the info and purposefully is deceiving? Which of the above is your theory. Come on everyone play along chose your conspiracy theory 1 2 or 3?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Let me put it to you like this: Trump has publicly stated he has issues with Wray and Barr because they won't act on prosecuting Barack Obama, Joe Biden, etc. He isn't threatening Ratcliffe.

Why should he threaten Ratcliffe? and what does Ratcliffe have to do with former officials in the Obama administration or Obama himself? I do not follow your logic here. Again, I understand you do not like President Trump. I understand you believe that the Biden laptop is somehow fake, or of no importance, I get it. Let's just wait and see what happens. Your commentary or mine has no effect on that. As for the election itself. It's coming very soon. Again, I have voted already. Not sure about if this has any real meaning for you at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Can we take Rudy seriously. He is a grifter and a joke. A pale shadow of his past as the major of NYC.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/trump-lawyer-giuliani-in-hotel-bedroom-scene-new-borat-movie-13335784

You are only posting smear because that is what you do. The election will be on Nov 3. The Biden laptop is real or it isn't.  The Chinese communist party will go away or it wont.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Ratcliffe has no authority to speak for the FBI. The FBI has not supported what Ratcliffe maintains. It neither confirms not denies. Which is what you'd expect it to do if an investigation were underway.

Wow. The FBI and all 16 other US Intelligence Agencies report to the Director of National Intelligence, John Radcliffe. He's the intel boss. They probably can't announce anything without his permission! 

OFFICE of the DIRECTOR of NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-we-do/members-of-the-ic

To see how this works, watch Chris Wray and Radcliffe jointly announce Iran's election interference live on C-SPAN

2 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Why should he threaten Ratcliffe? and what does Ratcliffe have to do with former officials in the Obama administration or Obama himself? I do not follow your logic here. Again, I understand you do not like President Trump. I understand you believe that the Biden laptop is somehow fake, or of no importance, I get it. Let's just wait and see what happens. Your commentary or mine has no effect on that. As for the election itself. It's coming very soon. Again, I have voted already. Not sure about if this has any real meaning for you at all.

You would expect your vote to have meaning for me? Some meaning more special than the 10's of millions of other votes will be cast? What makes your vote special? Is it magic?

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Wow. The FBI and all 16 other US Intelligence Agencies report to the Director of National Intelligence, John Radcliffe. He's the intel boss. They probably can't announce anything without his permission! 

To see how this works, watch Chris Wray and Radcliffe jointly announce Iran's election interference live on C-SPAN

And yet they refuse to endorse his statement about the Biden laptop whereas Wray joins Ratcliffe in announcing Iran's interference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

You are only posting smear because that is what you do. The election will be on Nov 3. The Biden laptop is real or it isn't.  The Chinese communist party will go away or it wont.

Can't be smear if he admitted that this actually happen and he didn't sue which is up his alley as a prosecutor. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Exactly. :Why should he threaten Ratcliffe? Well, if Trump were a decent CEO he would threaten Ratcliffe because he has engaged in sleazy acts. But since decency is not a part of Trump's armamentarium, why should he indeed. 

19 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

He is the director of National Intelligence. He is responsible for passing intelligence to the Congress of the USA for briefing. Are you saying he went on national television and told a purposeful lie to deceive the American public? That (1) really there is intelligence that says that Russians are behind this laptop, and he decided not to tell anyone? Or (2) that the info was not passed to him? Or (3) he has the info and purposefully is deceiving? Which of the above is your theory. Come on everyone play along chose your conspiracy theory 1 2 or 3?

“He is the director of National Intelligence. He is responsible for passing intelligence to the Congress of the USA for briefing”.

You up need to have a word with him:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-intelligence-office-will-no-longer-brief-congress-on-election-security-11598730496

“Are you saying he went on national television and told a purposeful lie to deceive the American public?”

Well he does seem to have a record on releasing unverified and previously rejected Intelligence and/or deceptively issuing information he knows is not verified and has been rejected.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/29/john-ratcliffe-hillary-clinton-russia-423022

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And yet they refuse to endorse his statement about the Biden laptop whereas Wray joins Ratcliffe in announcing Iran's interference.

Please provide a reference where the FBI denys Ratcliffe's statements.

"In a letter to Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson, exclusively obtained by Fox News, the FBI said they “have nothing to add at this time to the October 19th public statement by the Director of National Intelligence about the available actionable intelligence.” ref

Nothing to add is normally a form of acknowledgement.

They did not say we neither confirm or deny.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

The funniest part was ratcliffe saying irans emails threatening biden supporters to not vote for biden was to hurt the trump vote.

Now there is some mental gymnastics and shows you how political he is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

"In a letter to Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson, exclusively obtained by Fox News, the FBI said they “have nothing to add at this time to the October 19th public statement by the Director of National Intelligence about the available actionable intelligence.” ref

Who said they denied it. They refused to admit it.

Refusal to deny is not an admission of agreement.

Note they said they have nothing to add, so they have no evidence as to the veracity of the claim. Yet some here think they do.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Normally? I've never heard the FBI make use of this phrase before in discussing cases. But it does sound like an unorthodox way to say "no comment." Maybe so as not to trigger Trump into another of his hissy fits against Wray and Barr.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

I believe that’s what is known as ‘hanging on every word’.

Common amongst people who are desperate to hear something they need to hear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rabas said:

They said "nothing to add at this time". So that doesn't leave open the possibility that at a later time they will? You know, like maybe the reports that they are conducting an investigation are true but the investigation isn't yet finished?