New condo buyers offered visa and Elite Card but stranded expats are left out in the cold

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I agree, let's just wish the protesters all the best this weekend, once this unelected bunch of soldiers get put out and a proper elected government takes over, all the Thai people need to make the military aware that there will never oust their government again, or there will be consequences.

That's a tough road, but everything is possible

• Like 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The current situation should be a warning to anyone considering buying anything.   If you can't access your property for what might be a year, is it really yours?  

Pretty clear that they don't want foreigners coming in at the moment and that is both justifiable and understandable given current circumstances and public opinion.   When will these people

It shows their complete contempt for the those that invested their savings and retirement funds already and then want to attract more  by offering sweeteners.    It is sadly a stark warning to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

If they ALL STOP the country. Prayut is finished and a care taker should be appointed and a election scheduled where every party has equal signage rights prior to elections with NO Newans or paid crowds.

That would be a great result

On 10/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, ukrules said:

The current situation should be a warning to anyone considering buying anything.

If you can't access your property for what might be a year, is it really yours?

And if you don't leave your country of residence during a worldwide pandemic (especially if its not your country of citizenship) there'll be no problem accessing your property. But this current situation is unprecedented in any of our lifetimes so unfortunate for those caught-out. We are all now forewarned. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Thanks 1
On 10/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, Kadilo said:

It shows their complete contempt for the those that invested their savings and retirement funds already and then want to attract more  by offering sweeteners. 

It is sadly a stark warning to anyone like myself who thought Thailand was their future retirement home. Some times you need to see it to believe it. 

It's been a great retirement destination for me the past 20 years, and for many of my friends as well; and continues to be to this day. Wherever you end up, I hope you enjoy decades of carefree retirement like I have.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, darksidedog said:

Expecting a sensible and coordinated approach on anything from the Thai authorities is a waste of time.

I guess that's why Thailand's response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been praised worldwide...it was completely non-sensible and un-coordinated (surprising then all those who want to return can't just sneak in at the airports and border crossings).

• Confused 1
7 hours ago, Redline said:

That's a tough road, but everything is possible

But the overwhelming majority of Thais also say there's already enough Farangs in this country. And they still respect you es equal if you have permanent cash flow. They just dont want to suffer from any of your many criseses in times when they're heading towards a National New Deal. 

• Confused 1
On 10/16/2020 at 2:38 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Seems they are interested  about new investors and no care for the persons who have invested already. 

In the many years i´ve been living here, i´ve always found it odd, that when i´m in a shop, where i have been regular customer for decades, a complete stranger comes in (after me) and suddenly gets served first. and i´m like, whtf ? !

This happened to me in many other shops and small supermarkets time and again.

Over the years i´ve come to understand, that only a new customer is worth to please, as they have me already . . . 🙁

Go figure !

It´s similar to the widespread habit of increasing prices for existing tourists, when there´s less of them.

Edited by starfish
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, starfish said:

In the many years i´ve been living here, i´ve always found it odd, that when i´m in a shop, where i have been regular customer for decades, a complete stranger comes in (after me) and suddenly gets served first. and i´m like, whtf ? !

This happened to me in many other shops and small supermarkets time and again.

Over the years i´ve come to understand, that only a new customer is worth to please, as they have me already . . . 🙁

Go figure !

It´s similar to the widespread habit of increasing prices for existing tourists, when there´s less of them.

It doesn’t help getting new customers with that strategy. Cause new customers will go online first and picking up all these negative comments from earlier disappointed buyers.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:08 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Who buys property to live in, in a country where they have no right to reside?  🤔

I was talking with my girlfriend a couple of days ago, and we were discussing something related to this actually. I mentioned how in the UK (or many European countries for that matter) she could arrive on the soil, find a job, legally buy property and never have to perform backflips along the street every 90 days to report her whereabouts. Yet in Thailand, if you are somebody who has the money, has no criminal record, and originates from a respectable nation, you essentially are treated as a criminal. 

This thinking and logic that the powers possess in LOS is far beyond antiquated, and it will surely be the downfall of the country as a whole - we can already see that happening now. If their stubborn little heads don't change soon, then it's goodbye to an already sinking ship. The old farts need to go. 

The goal posts always change in 🇹🇭 to suit Thais.. 

Come come spend half a million USD  on a over priced poorly built condo and get a work permit??? 

But the long term expats mean nothing to them as they have alredy spent there cash they no good to the economy they spend nit noi 

Remember Thais think backwards. 

Its that simple but wait all Farangs have a money tree on the balcony dont they 555 

20 hours ago, maddox41 said:

The goal posts always change in 🇹🇭 to suit Thais.. 

Come come spend half a million USD  on a over priced poorly built condo and get a work permit??? 

But the long term expats mean nothing to them as they have alredy spent there cash they no good to the economy they spend nit noi 

Remember Thais think backwards. 

Its that simple but wait all Farangs have a money tree on the balcony dont they 555 

exactly, I always said to my woman, condos are overpriced and very poor quality In Thailand, for the price of 1 condo I could buy 2 for the same quality or 1 luxury in my home country.

I am talking about 10 million baht sh1t11 condos here. the one I found high quality, great finished, large Walls, etc.. it was almost 20 million baht.

screw it.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:55 PM, Mung said:

I was talking with my girlfriend a couple of days ago, and we were discussing something related to this actually. I mentioned how in the UK (or many European countries for that matter) she could arrive on the soil, find a job, legally buy property and never have to perform backflips along the street every 90 days to report her whereabouts. Yet in Thailand, if you are somebody who has the money, has no criminal record, and originates from a respectable nation, you essentially are treated as a criminal. 

This thinking and logic that the powers possess in LOS is far beyond antiquated, and it will surely be the downfall of the country as a whole - we can already see that happening now. If their stubborn little heads don't change soon, then it's goodbye to an already sinking ship. The old farts need to go. 

The old farts can also go to one of these homes for the elderly. 

The luxury one in Hua Hin is certainly much better than getting strapped in a home for the elderly in Europe. 

• Like 2