New condo buyers offered visa and Elite Card but stranded expats are left out in the cold

webfact

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: check the stamp on your passport. "admitted until". A temp is a temp and making substantial investments when your permit to stay can be cancelled at a seconds notice is high risk business. Up to you.

Concise, correct and to the point. 

Some folks here still don't get the joke apparently. Oh well, more fool them. :jap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

To my way of thinking, there is something innately wrong with selling someone a property and then denying them access to it ????

Spot on. And the original Investment visa (extension) was based on 3M Baht condo (or time deposit, or gov bonds). Since changed to 10M Baht. That made some sense, especially since it was invented during the Asian crisis hangover, and foreign investments was much needed. Looks like we are in the same situation now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pretty clear that they don't want foreigners coming in at the moment and that is both justifiable and understandable given current circumstances and public opinion.

When will these people learn that they are only temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism and plan accordingly? 

about. time somone said what the problem is where did it start. ,all the world is suffering   , Health/Death/Economy ,WHY.  all due to the Chinese eating wild animals.  People dont  earn enough buy normal food like the rest of the world. 

2 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

The thing I find amazing in Thailand it the various embassies are not lifting a finger to help, this situation and the way the Thai government is treating everyone must have been reported in every country in the world, I can but hope they are saving this information for a rainy day as it really is scandalous how the Thai government are treating people who have made investments in good faith only to defecated on by this none elected government 

Should the Thai Embassy make a complaint to the Australian Government?

Currently nobody is allowed into Australia except citizens and permanent residents.

Thailand is actually letting different groups of people in, including foreign work permit holders, permanent residents, business people, married, those with Thai children etc.

Thailand is being pretty fair considering public opinion, yet folk think they should just swing open the doors.

Dream on.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Currently nobody is allowed into Australia except citizens and permanent residents.

Thailand is actually letting different groups of people in, including foreign work permit holders, permanent residents, business people, married, those with Thai children etc.

Thailand is being pretty fair considering public opinion, yet folk think they should just swing open the doors.

Dream on.

Who other than you mentioned Australia? I said world wide, maybe too much for you to comprehend....LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, toho said:

I wanted to stay in Thailand during the Covid-19 period, but because of official regulations in my European home-country I had to return to Europe in May.

Plan was to go to Europe and enjoy a holiday together with my girlfriend from Laos, we stayed in my condo in Thailand, arranged for plane ticket and visa. Due to Covid-19 we had to cancel her ticket, because non-Schengen persons were not allowed to enter Schengen during that time. The embassy was not helpful at all, we have to arrange for a new visa all over again (lots of paper, time, travelling, money). So I returned to Europe alone, while my friend stays in Thailand in my condo, as she can not return to Laos right now. I support several families in Thailand, own a condo in Thailand for 15 years, since my retirement  I stay about 7 months in Thailand (retirement visa, permission to stay expiring next month, can not be extended by Thai embassy in Europe, why not??). And feel discriminated. Hungry money wolves give permits if you invest one million dollars. But people who own real estate already, support families, support economy for years already, are completely neglected by Thai authorities. A shame and one more reason (apart from all the red tape: visa, 90 days, re entry permits, etc, etc.) to sell my properties in Thailand and think of another country to settle down. Because Thailand does not care. Oh no, only for new money coming in. Once upon a time a Thai teacher told me: Money = God.  Indeed.

I thought if you were a property owner you are allowed in?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Expecting a sensible and coordinated approach on anything from the Thai authorities is a waste of time. Foreigners to their mind are simply not important. The fact that we add so much to the economy is a point they can't get their heads round and long term, this is going to bite them in the you know where.

Farangs are not responsible for much of Thailand's revenue....

Most thais couldn't give a toss if they never saw another farang

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Dream on.

Would you be so kind as to show me where it says “those with Thai children” are allowed back in as clearly you are a lot more clued up than me. Thank you. 

• Like 1