Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

10 minutes ago, nausea said:

The guy's fast losing his time to negotiate. Like, this could've been handled very well. 

He's an entitled thin skinned dimwit. Doesn't negotiating require a degree of intelligence and the ability to compromise? I won't hold my breath...

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

He's an entitled thin skinned dimwit. Doesn't negotiating require a degree of intelligence and the ability to compromise? I won't hold my breath...

people in these positions have lived a life of compromise and are not only highly intelligent, but also very patient.

now the question is what the government will do... if anything at all?

because the current protests aren't that bad... they just disrupt some areas of Bangkok for 3-4 hours.

so what keeps the government from just sitting it out?

how can the protesters up the ante without hurting others, such as workers and small businesses?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Are you for real?

Are we talking about the same spoiled man child general Pinocchio and his friend and accomplice the watch aficionado?

The same dimwit that refuses scrutiny yet prosecutes others?

The same hypocrite that calls for an end to corruption and nepotism but promotes his brother and gives him lucrative military contracts?

The same liar who said I am a soldier not a politician and there will be no coup?

The same one that said the state of emergency will not be allowed to stifle protest?

The same person whose deputy Pm and other leader of the country blatantly stalled about the watches he has but could not have afforded, the same one that came up with a complete cock and bull excuse?

The same one who promised names and action for top cops caught with their hands in the cash draw?  that one??

I could go on but you get the point only a thin skinned dimwit would behave in this way only a self entitled oath would refuse to properly swear in on his oath of office, his actions speak volumes... 

try to think logically - even if that might be difficult.

none of the things you listed is a mark of lack of intelligence. you can add "and got away with it" to clarify things.

clearly, a lack of other qualities citizens would wish a statesman had is demonstrated, but certainly not a lack of intelligence.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Appears they are trying to stifle the freedom of the press and that is never good.  Using the archaic laws they employ, why don't they just go back in time to riding elephants and horses and using carrier pigeons.

Being reported on Andy Marshalls fb they have a cunning plan to shut down the telegram app which the protesters use to communicate, they probably use line and others as well. Can an ISP shut an app off? freeYOUTH on there are said to have 200k members. I saw the leaders of the protests using some walkie taklies so they could stear clear of interference from men in uniforms and medals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, anchadian said:

yes, but the recent protests don't bring the numbers.

it's pretty clear from the various pictures over recent days that protesters struggle to get people together.

that's because protesters don't pay the redshirt base to make up the numbers, so the protests will be easily controlled by the police.

'struggle to get numbers together " ? I guess you can't count, there were  many thousand for 3 days 

Exactly and now they are congregating at three different locations.

Taksin.jpg

This article by ThaiPBS explains what I mean:

Titipol added that the size of turnout is also crucial, adding that though protest hashtags shared on social media have exceeded one million, the numbers on the streets are still far lower.

He said the protest would need to last at least two to three months with more than 500,000 participants to have a real effect on the government. However, he does not see the crowds reaching this size any time soon.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/govt-legitimacy-eroding-fast-as-crackdown-on-protesters-makes-global-headlines/

7 hours ago, tgw said:

how can the protesters up the ante without hurting others, such as workers and small businesses?

The creature is breathing without artificial means.

No point in trying to think up reasons why it cannot do this or that.

It is beyond reason.

It will go where it must.

Enjoy the ride.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2