"Under Consideration" reports from MTT -Did everyone get stamped to Nov 30?

This is a poll and a hub for info. Please let us know what outcome you got for your "Under consideration" situation at MTT (Muong Thong Thani) if you've been back to MTT to get your passport stamped after applying for a 30 day extension based on Covid.

Please answer a few quick questions:

1. Did you get stamped to Nov 30?
2. Did you just show up with your passport and appointment booking? Is there any other paperwork required?

3. Was it quick, straight forward and painless?

4. Did you show up on the exact date in the "Under consideration" stamp, or before or after?

Assuming that you applied before September 26, if you didn't, please say so.

If your local immigration is another office and you want to chime in, please feel free but be sure to mention which I/O office clearly.

Many thanks in advance for contributing info ????. I'm not due to go back till next week and will report back then.

Edited by Fibonaqi
typo

Just came back from immigration at Jomtien. Got my under consideration stamp at the 25th of September after struggling for days to get the letter from my embassy. I was assuming that I would get stamped until 30 November now, but of course that didn't happen I got stamped until 31 October. They are just doing what they always do and that is making up their own rules.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, me too at Jomtien IMO. I paid for a 60 day extension based om marriage on 2nd September 2020. They made me jump through a lot of hoops including having to take a copy of the land plans for the condo I was renting in the Jomtien Complex. The whole process took most of the day and three visits to the IMO. I finally got the extension stamped to expire 31st October 2020. Clearly I had to pay for this extension.

So today (15th Oct) I go along to IMO (Jomtien) so enquire if my stamp could be altered based on the new 31st Amnesty and was told I could re-apply before 31st but wouold have to pay again (and no doubt have many more hurdles to jump)

Surely if the entire foreign community have been given a free extension to 31st October, it surely makes sense that everyone granted a 30 day extension should automaticly be given an extension to 30th November and likewise if you have a sixty day extension this should be extetended to 30th December or am I missing something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveDj said:

Just came back from immigration at Jomtien. Got my under consideration stamp at the 25th of September after struggling for days to get the letter from my embassy. I was assuming that I would get stamped until 30 November now, but of course that didn't happen I got stamped until 31 October. They are just doing what they always do and that is making up their own rules.

Did you get another under consideration stamp or a extension stamp. Some people have gotten both.

19 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

To Ubon Joe my stamp clearly says extension of stay permitted up to 31 October.

It should of been to the 30th of November according to the ministerial and immigration announcements.

As I wrote some people have gotten a stamp to the 31st and a new under consideration stamp.

2 hours ago, DaveDj said:

And what you (and we) are supposed to do after 31 of October? Did you ask them? I really hate Jomtien Immigration. The worst of the worst. 

P.S. After what they put us through at the end of September this "30 of November" rumor sounded too good to be true.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi - pasted from thread yesterday.

TRAT immigration.

I finally applied successfully for a covid extension on the 18th Sept at my local immigration office, after four attempts - to be given an under consideration stamp until the 8th October.

I am currently on Koh Chang.

Now, because going to immigration involves a ferry trip and driving, and because of many hours wasted, just to satisfy their bureaurcratic demands for an extension in the first place, I did phone multiple times on the 7th and 8th with no answer, so I went back on the 8th, only to be told the approval hadn't come back yet, and to wait until they phoned me. Said it should be this week, but it's Wednesday already, so not holding out much hope. As this is interfering with travel plans, I asked if it was imperative that I return on the day they phoned, and they said no - could come later.

I was offered no further stamp.

They didn't seem too clued up on current legislation, and were a bit vague. They even told me I should have phoned first.

It's now Thursday - no change.

KK Immigration, no additional paper work required and got stamped until the end of Nov. It took a few hours because quite a few people came to close out their consideration loop that day, mostly migrants from neighboring countries. I would also recommend you show up on the exact date listed on your passport, unless it falls on the weekend of course.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Why does it seem some ppl are getting turned away til tomorrow and some are getting stamps today?

The bigger problem is that you might be stamped tomorrow until 31 of Oct only. While people at the other IOs get stamped until 30 of Nov. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should of been to the 30th of November according to the ministerial and immigration announcements.

As I wrote some people have gotten a stamp to the 31st and a new under consideration stamp.

What do you think, ubonjoe, is it totally up to a certain Immigration Office to follow or not to the ministerial announcements? I suspect I will also get 31 Oct stamp at Jomtien tomorrow. Do I have something to tell them? To refer them to any specific announcement, maybe?

28 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

The bigger problem is that you might be stamped tomorrow until 31 of Oct only. While people at the other IOs get stamped until 30 of Nov. 

Or maybe the ones with a ticket get the end of November stamp. ???? Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Or maybe the ones with a ticket get the end of November stamp. ???? Fingers crossed.

I think me and you got that ticket because we have visited the Immigration after 1pm. And DaveDj visited the place in the morning. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I received an extension up to 30th November from Yasothon (near Ubon) immigration. I had previously paid for a 30 day extension using an Oz embassy letter that had taken me up to 26th October. The process took about 25 minutes while the IO rang someone twice, battled with the computer 3 times and printed out a form which I did not have to sign. In fact there was no paperwork submitted by me, I just gave them my passport. Yasothon is ruled by Khoen Kaen and I presume everything has to be approved by them in Thai hierarchical style.  That was the case when I got my 30 day extension.  They are very friendly in Yasothon and worked nearly 10 minutes into the lunch hour which impressed me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

Not want to crush anyone's hope but I also got a ticket yesterday

So the business as usual with Jomtien Immigration. They make us visit twice (for no reason) and then stamp only until 31 of Oct (while other offices stamp until 30 of Nov on 1 visit only). Have to repeat it again - I hate this place and these people. I really do.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And that announcement is the perfect excuse to only stamp until October 31. Making you jump through all the hoops once again and they'll gladly take another extension fee

3 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

And that announcement is the perfect excuse to only stamp until October 31. Making you jump through all the hoops once again and they'll gladly take another extension fee

How?

It states all extension are to issued with with a start date of November 1st. The new extension of the "amnesty" went into effect on September 27th and the immigration announcement is was dated October 1st. And it includes all application before or after September 27th.

• Thanks 1

So would you say @ubonjoe from what you've heard that we can expect Bangkok/MTT to do it by the book and stamping people to November 30th? That only some of the "rogue"  or clueless I/O such as the accounts we've heard from Jomtien are not doing it right? Does the outcome depend on what kind of visa one has to start off with? 

No surprise, per the OP this thread was meant to be specifically about MTT/Bangkok, but every post has been about locations OTHER than MTT/BKK.  Not a single MTT report.

I would also like to hear about MTT, but more about what happens to those with no "under consideration" stamp (in other words, did not go before 26 Sep) and no embassy letter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DaveDj said:

Not want to crush anyone's hope but I also got a ticket yesterday

Are they giving you your passport back at the info desk when you go into immigration or do you have to sit down at a desk and get a photo taken etc before they give you it back?

9 hours ago, Fibonaqi said:

So would you say @ubonjoe from what you've heard that we can expect Bangkok/MTT to do it by the book and stamping people to November 30th?

MTT is going by the rule and giving stamps to November 30th if you have already applied for a extension or if you apply now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bell1234 said:

Are they giving you your passport back at the info desk when you go into immigration or do you have to sit down at a desk and get a photo taken etc before they give you it back?

At the information desk and they'll just tell you that you need to apply again before October 31

19 hours ago, robindon said:

Yes, me too at Jomtien IMO. I paid for a 60 day extension based om marriage on 2nd September 2020. They made me jump through a lot of hoops including having to take a copy of the land plans for the condo I was renting in the Jomtien Complex. The whole process took most of the day and three visits to the IMO. I finally got the extension stamped to expire 31st October 2020. Clearly I had to pay for this extension.

So today (15th Oct) I go along to IMO (Jomtien) so enquire if my stamp could be altered based on the new 31st Amnesty and was told I could re-apply before 31st but wouold have to pay again (and no doubt have many more hurdles to jump)

Surely if the entire foreign community have been given a free extension to 31st October, it surely makes sense that everyone granted a 30 day extension should automaticly be given an extension to 30th November and likewise if you have a sixty day extension this should be extetended to 30th December or am I missing something.

Am in similar situation. Was given 60 days (visit  Thai wife) at Jomtien on 24th Sept. Process was quite easy with no house plans etc but only stamped till 21st October. Totally confused about what will happen next. 

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien is doing this to everyone. I applied with an embassy letter before 9/26, got a consideration date of Oct 15th, went yesterday at 1pm, waited in line about 5 minutes; they took my passport at the front desk, gave me a number and said come back tomorrow. They said the same to everyone ahead of me in line. Today, I went in the morning, waited in line for a couple of minutes; they gave me my passport and said come back on Oct 30th to get stamped for Nov 30th. They were telling everyone who was picking up their passport to come back on Oct 30th. Everyone else was being told to come back on Monday to pick up their passport. (So even if you go early, they still don't try to stamp you the same day.) I knew it was futile, but I told them every other office in the country is stamping for Nov 30th now, but they said "No no, yours different, yours different! " 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trappedinasia said:

"No no, yours different, yours different!" 

Hilarious, it still baffles me that something so simple can be misinterpreted (whether accidently or on purpose) by different immigration offices. I still want to know if the Dec. 30 stamps that some offices are issuing (e.g. Chiang Mai) are legit.

11 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

Hilarious, it still baffles me that something so simple can be misinterpreted (whether accidently or on purpose) by different immigration offices. I still want to know if the Dec. 30 stamps that some offices are issuing (e.g. Chiang Mai) are legit.

Yeah, and one of the strange things about it is that delaying the process doesn't seem to benefit anyone (except taxi drivers). And it's not like they're even denying the fact these extensions should be carried over to Nov 30th, they just want everyone to make extra trips to the IO to get it. It will likely require another two trips, because they'll have a huge line on Oct 30th, since everyone is being told to come back that day, so they'll be collecting passports and saying come back the next week. Though I guess it's possible they will start giving the Nov 30th stamp to people who go back a couple days early? 

It's only two weeks away. They're giving extensions (and the stamp does say "extension") for the same date as the new amnesty...

The Dec 30th stamps don't make sense, unless they're giving credit for 30-day tourist extensions from late March/early April, as somebody claimed. But I don't know if that would be up to the discretion of a particular IO, or the national authorities would reject it.