"Under Consideration" reports from MTT -Did everyone get stamped to Nov 30?

15 hours ago, eppic said:

No surprise, per the OP this thread was meant to be specifically about MTT/Bangkok, but every post has been about locations OTHER than MTT/BKK.  Not a single MTT report.

I would also like to hear about MTT, but more about what happens to those with no "under consideration" stamp (in other words, did not go before 26 Sep) and no embassy letter.

Just received until 30 November at Hua Hin Immi - I paid for the extension before 26th September

No matter what you think It is important because MTT should be doing what every other office is doing

I was told to go back again if I needed a further extension after November 30

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Yeah, and one of the strange things about it is that delaying the process doesn't seem to benefit anyone (except taxi drivers). And it's not like they're even denying the fact these extensions should be carried over to Nov 30th, they just want everyone to make extra trips to the IO to get it. It will likely require another two trips, because they'll have a huge line on Oct 30th, since everyone is being told to come back that day, so they'll be collecting passports and saying come back the next week. Though I guess it's possible they will start giving the Nov 30th stamp to people who go back a couple days early? 

It's only two weeks away. They're giving extensions (and the stamp does say "extension") for the same date as the new amnesty...

The Dec 30th stamps don't make sense, unless they're giving credit for 30-day tourist extensions from late March/early April, as somebody claimed. But I don't know if that would be up to the discretion of a particular IO, or the national authorities would reject it.

What if to come on 29th? I will give it a try since I live quite close to the place. It will be crowded on 30th, for sure.

My biggest worry is what if on 30th they will ask for the new embassy letters etc. I never expect something to be easy way with these people.

7 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Just received until 30 November at Hua Hin Immi - I paid for the extension before 26th September

No matter what you think It is important because MTT should be doing what every other office is doing

I was told to go back again if I needed a further extension after November 30

Looks like everywhere but Jomtien they issue it until 30 of November. 

Edited by Zikomat

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Jomtien is doing this to everyone. I applied with an embassy letter before 9/26, got a consideration date of Oct 15th, went yesterday at 1pm, waited in line about 5 minutes; they took my passport at the front desk, gave me a number and said come back tomorrow. They said the same to everyone ahead of me in line. Today, I went in the morning, waited in line for a couple of minutes; they gave me my passport and said come back on Oct 30th to get stamped for Nov 30th. They were telling everyone who was picking up their passport to come back on Oct 30th. Everyone else was being told to come back on Monday to pick up their passport. (So even if you go early, they still don't try to stamp you the same day.) I knew it was futile, but I told them every other office in the country is stamping for Nov 30th now, but they said "No no, yours different, yours different! " 

Now I'm even more confused, is it just going back and get your passport stamped for Nov 30th or apply again for another 30 day covid19 extension. As the lady sitting at the front desk clearly said to me " you need to apply again before Oct 31 ". So there's no paperwork involved this time ?

30 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

Now I'm even more confused, is it just going back and get your passport stamped for Nov 30th or apply again for another 30 day covid19 extension. As the lady sitting at the front desk clearly said to me " you need to apply again before Oct 31 ". So there's no paperwork involved this time ?

I don't know what Jomtien is planning to do or will do, but I haven't heard anyone else say that a new application will be needed. That would really be hilarious, because having us go back (twice) this week for the under consideration date would be completely pointless, since we're only being stamped for the amnesty date. Well, it's completely pointless either way, but at least ending up with Nov 30th after 5 or 6 trips to the IO would be something. If Jomtien has decided to ignore the policy of adding pre-9/26 covid extensions to the new amnesty deadline, and yet keeps us coming back for "consideration" dates and passport pickups for worthless extension stamps, that would be really special.

And if they demand documents and a new application, that would make the pre-9/26 rush look like nothing, because everybody who got that extension (early or last-minute) is now being told to come on Oct 30th, which would be nuts if it were for new applications and not just new stamps - they'd have to open up the auxilliary office at the stadium again, and even that would require days. I will not go back on Oct 30th, if that is the case. I don't think it is the case, because if we had to apply for another extension, we could do that now, I suppose... But what they're doing now makes no sense, so it's hard to figure out what they'll do next. 

Has anybody requested the Nov 30th stamp at a different IO than the one where they applied for the 30-day extension? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

I don't know what Jomtien is planning to do or will do, but I haven't heard anyone else say that a new application will be needed. That would really be hilarious, because having us go back (twice) this week for the under consideration date would be completely pointless, since we're only being stamped for the amnesty date. Well, it's completely pointless either way, but at least ending up with Nov 30th after 5 or 6 trips to the IO would be something. If Jomtien has decided to ignore the policy of adding pre-9/26 covid extensions to the new amnesty deadline, and yet keeps us coming back for "consideration" dates and passport pickups for worthless extension stamps, that would be really special.

And if they demand documents and a new application, that would make the pre-9/26 rush look like nothing, because everybody who got that extension (early or last-minute) is now being told to come on Oct 30th, which would be nuts if it were for new applications and not just new stamps - they'd have to open up the auxilliary office at the stadium again, and even that would require days. I will not go back on Oct 30th, if that is the case. I don't think it is the case, because if we had to apply for another extension, we could do that now, I suppose... But what they're doing now makes no sense, so it's hard to figure out what they'll do next. 

Has anybody requested the Nov 30th stamp at a different IO than the one where they applied for the 30-day extension? 

Did you receive another under consideration stamp or an extension of stay stamp until 31 Oct ?

1 hour ago, DaveDj said:

My Girlfriend ran in and got my passport today because i'm in a wheelchair and it's alot easier.. They also said she can come back at the end of the month and i don't need to go into immigration.. So it looks like a stamp til the end of November otherwise i would have to show my face. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveDj said:

Did you receive another under consideration stamp or an extension of stay stamp until 31 Oct ?

It says extension. But I applied for a 30-day extension, which should have originally started on Sep 26th. So why extend me until Oct 31st, which is no more useful than Oct 26th would be at this point? Why stamp the latest amnesty date into passports of people who would be legal now even without the last amnesty - or why stamp the amnesty date into any passport? Why tell everyone to come back on Oct 30th (which would create a massive line)? I don't think we can find any rhyme or reason to what they're doing, especially considering they seem to be the only IO in the country doing it.

They still have two big portable signs standing out front that claim there is a queue app, even though there isn't an app. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eppic said:

No surprise, per the OP this thread was meant to be specifically about MTT/Bangkok, but every post has been about locations OTHER than MTT/BKK.  Not a single MTT report.

I would also like to hear about MTT, but more about what happens to those with no "under consideration" stamp (in other words, did not go before 26 Sep) and no embassy letter.

Asking about what happens to people who didn't apply for an extension before Sep 26th is irrelevant to the thread. Of course they won't give a Nov 30th stamp to someone who was saved by the late amnesty and hasn't applied for any extension. Why would they? 

For once, people are exchanging actual information, and you keep complaining about it, while providing no info. Muting you. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Asking about what happens to people who didn't apply for an extension before Sep 26th is irrelevant to the thread. Of course they won't give a Nov 30th stamp to someone who was saved by the late amnesty and hasn't applied for any extension. Why would they? 

For once, people are exchanging actual information, and you keep complaining about it, while providing no info. Muting you. 

Good grief, some people are incredibly clueless? YES they it has been reported that Nov 30 day stamps are being given at some locations to those on VE/TV that didn't apply before the 26th. Why would they? Because per the announcement all new extensions are supposed to start Nov 1. And obviously location matters.

And BTW, I was not complaining, I only pointed out that it's a great thread for those in Jomtien or [insert random location], but no reports yet for those in Bangkok that that came to a thread specifically stating "reports from MTT".   What's controversial about pointing out the obvious?  Some people here have serious mental issues. Please mute me, whatever the hell that is.

I guess the absence of report or lack of interest from anyone who got their "Under consideration" stamp finalized from MTT can be inferred as "no news is good news", that it's a non-issue. So far I have only heard second hand hearsay reports that people got stamped to Nov 30 at MTT. I will report back next week after my MTT visit.

• Like 1

Here's a report from MTT from another thread. Now I'm really confused ????. If you didn't apply before September 26, you get stamped to Dec 30? And if you did, you get stamped to Nov 30? Why the short change for conscientious people who acted in time?

image.png.db4c2d097a9dd76e628cc61c9790f0fe.png 

18 hours ago, Fibonaqi said:

I guess the absence of report or lack of interest from anyone who got their "Under consideration" stamp finalized from MTT can be inferred as "no news is good news", that it's a non-issue. So far I have only heard second hand hearsay reports that people got stamped to Nov 30 at MTT. I will report back next week after my MTT visit.

Yeah, that sounds right. Very few people bother to post actual info. It's usually either asking for help or trolling. If people were getting the Jomtien treatment at MTT, we'd be hearing about it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

Here's a report from MTT from another thread. Now I'm really confused ????. If you didn't apply before September 26, you get stamped to Dec 30? And if you did, you get stamped to Nov 30? Why the short change for conscientious people who acted in time?

image.png.db4c2d097a9dd76e628cc61c9790f0fe.png 

There was a reply to that post from someone else who just applied for an extension who was told they are also getting 60 days. And they attached photos of the new covid extension form that others have been told is for a 60-day extension, though the cost was 1900 baht instead of 3900, as others have said the new 60-day extension is supposed to cost. This could be due to confusion, or maybe it's going to turn out to be the correct policy: new covid extensions are 60 days but cost the standard 1900. That could be why there have been reports of people getting stamped for Dec 30th already (and those were people who applied before Sep 26th, I guess, if they already got stamped) - some offices/officers might be converting the pre-Sep 26th extensions to the new 60-day extensions and starting them from Nov 1st...? 

ok so I just got back from Udon IO and I am confused!

"No way" I hear you all shout "IO offices always give such clear instructions, you must be a moron!"

I applied for an extension before 26th September, received under consideration stamp and told to return for stamp on the 12th October. Did that and told the visa is not ready yet, come back today, the 19th.

Today I was given "permission to stay" stamp until Nov 30.

But, I also got a yellow ticket with a number 45 on it stapled on the same passport page saying "Next time 30th October."

A very brief set of instructions followed that involved the words "come back Oct 30th, bring paper and November very busy".

So I am assuming they want me to apply for another extension on that date as they are trying to avoid another inundation at the end of November. Not sure though and no mention of what it actually is they want me to apply for. Once again I can only assume it will be a 60 extension at the Udon IO price of 2000 baht but it would be nice to hear from anyone who may have received clearer information.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, UdonRoy said:

"permission to stay" stamp until Nov 30.

But, I also got a yellow ticket with a number 45 on it stapled on the same passport page saying "Next time 30th October."

A very brief set of instructions followed that involved the words "come back Oct 30th, bring paper and November very busy".

So I am assuming they want me to apply for another extension on that date as they are trying to avoid another inundation at the end of November. Not sure though and no mention of what it actually is they want me to apply for.

That's a new one. So you'd be applying for an extension that starts after Nov 30th, but they're telling you to apply for it on Oct 30th because they'll be busy in Nov? This is sounding kind of like Jomtien, who is telling everyone to come back on Oct 30th, which will create a massive overflow, (even if they're just just collecting passports to stamp them later for Nov 30th and not doing new applications.) But at least if you have a permission to stay until Nov 30th, you could go later than Oct 30th. I don't understand why these offices are trying to overwhelm themselves on Oct 30th. Instead of encouraging people to get extensions now, they're forcing everyone to go on the last business day of amnesty, which would probably have been busy anyway, but they're adding all the people who got extensions before Sep 26th to the last-minute rush. I wonder if they're expecting another anouncement or clarification for the last one, and just delaying any real action now by telling everyone to come back on Oct 30th...

• Like 2

My Laos girlfriend who is living in Jomtien has just informed me that she went to their immigration building today and was told that she had to go back to Bangkok where she got her previous stamp from. Something to do with their computers couldn't process it. I admit the info is a little vague but that's what she just told me. She said she's sending it via an agency to guarantee the new passport stamp.

• Like 1

What they are doing in Jomtien:
  They required us to go in on OCt 16th.  Took her passport and said come back monday.

On monday, they stamped her for OCT 31, and said we will have to come back OCT 29 for our November stamp.  Despite what SHOULD have been given (the November 30 stamp).

So, instead of one visit for one stamp, I'm having to go to immigration office once a week.

• Like 1

For those wondering which agency my girlfriend is using in Pattaya to send her passport via, it's called Cha Passport & Visa. I hope this info is helpful to those that are struggling to come up with a solution to their stamp extension dilemma. This isn't a recommendation, nor is it a promotion. I simply asked my girlfriend which agency she was using to sort out her extension stamp problem by and this was her response.

IMG_1683.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, Adam219 said:

I went today to MTT (counter K), I didnt make an appointment either. The lady at the marquee outside would not let me through and told me to book online and to come back tomorrow.

I walked away, waited 5 mins then walked through down the side no problem then straight up to left hand side and to one of the desks, they pointed me to the actual entrance (I entered via the exit) and the lady just gave me a queue number there and then and took my passport.

10 mins later I got it back with nov 30 stamp. So in and out in less than 30 mins, result!

I'm glad I didnt leave, book online and then return tomorrow, what a waste of time.

Good for you @Adam219 and thanks for the report! Smart, street-wise move! I wish I read your post before I went on Thursday, the next day - I was too busy travelling to Bangkok on Wednesday and didn't check in here.

I had an online appointment and saw others being turned away for not having an online appointment. Took BTS from central Bangkok to end of line Wat Phra Si Marathat, then taxi to MTT, whole trip took 1.5 hrs. Should have taken a taxi all the way, would have been quicker when time is of the essence. Got there at 11:45, just before the lunch break - big mistake on my part to show up so late. They did take a one hour lunch break this time (they didn't just before the Sep 26 rush). I ended up having to wait in the tent by the entrance for an hour 15 minutes before being ushered upstairs for more queuing at 1PM. I was very tempted to sneak in the main hall on arrival but did not know that they were giving out queue cards at the entrance of the main hall. 

Long story short, they simply give you a queue card and take your passport, then you wait to get your passport back. No other interaction necessary. This whole process from picking up queue card to picking up passport with stamp took one hour and 15 minutes, just to get the passport stamped, plus the one hour 45 minutes waiting before that.

All in all, time spent in MTT waiting and queuing, from 11:45 to 2:45PM, 3 hours! Getting there 1.5 hrs, getting back was a nightmare, taxi from Impact to Wat Phra Si Marathat BTS took an hour and a half and cost 150B! Then train, another 45 minutes. Horrendous traffic jam on the main road (my bad for spending time at the Cosmo Mall). Took the whole day just to get a stamp. I had to come all the way from Phuket to MTT for this. But we also had a nice short break while in Bangkok.

2 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

Long story short, they simply give you a queue card and take your passport, then you wait to get your passport back. No other interaction necessary. This whole process from picking up queue card to picking up passport with stamp took one hour and 15 minutes, just to get the passport stamped, plus the one hour 45 minutes waiting before that.

All in all, time spent in MTT waiting and queuing, from 11:45 to 2:45PM, 3 hours! Getting there 1.5 hrs, getting back was a nightmare, taxi from Impact to Wat Phra Si Marathat BTS took an hour and a half and cost 150B! Then train, another 45 minutes. Horrendous traffic jam on the main road (my bad for spending time at the Cosmo Mall). Took the whole day just to get a stamp.

Forgot to mention that I got the Nov 30 stamp. There were still many people standing in line to get into the tent as I was leaving at 2:45PM. I seriously doubt if they all got attended to in the remaining office hours that day. Thursday Oct 22 was also the day before a public holiday, that's probably why MTT was especially busy.

Note to self for future trips to MTT, get there early, take taxi all the way - I always used to do that.

I will be in Phuket for the next extension so will use Phuket Immigration next time.

I went to MTT on Wednesday Oct. 21 and got my under consideration stamp that I received on Wednesday Sept. 23rd with an embassy letter turned into a valid to stay until November 30 stamp.

I would also say that the person returning passports was not friendly and I was scolded for talking when my passport was being handed back and not hearing her. Seems like there are no more temp helpers doing that as there used to be when it was all done at CW. I have come to hate going to immigration here anymore. I can't wait until the borders open up and I can go somewhere that I want to live again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1