COVID-19 is not going away soon or ever

36 minutes ago, scammed said:

no, its a holistic approach, the video that was censored

show proof that the preoccupation of covid has costed many more lives in all other areas, and will continue to cost more lives

The video was censored and you say it shows proof?  Right....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not like a regular flu at all. They want masks and distancing to be permanent. None of that happened for regular flu or any other diseases, far as I know. I'm happy to go back to life as pre coro

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own coun

Not to mention that they have destroyed their countries' already fragile economies, that will need years to recover, if ever...

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The video was censored and you say it shows proof?  Right....

Good point. 

Though its no doubt true that there is a price in more extreme lockdown policies.

Such factors are legitimate to consider when deciding on public health policies. 

But it's a very long way from that to supporting the mass murdering and scientifically illegitimate policy of herd immunity without a vaccine.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good point. 

Though its no doubt true that there is a price in more extreme lockdown policies.

Such factors are legitimate to consider when deciding on public health policies. 

But it's a very long way from that to supporting the mass murdering and scientifically illegitimate policy of herd immunity without a vaccine.

And a very long way from supporting the death of the frail and elderly just so you can go out to the bar.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A post with misleading and false information has been removed.   If you are going to say some place has reached 'herd immunity' please provide supporting evidence.  

Continuing to post false information will earn a suspension.  

8 minutes ago, scammed said:

or go to work, everything that makes the world go around

Most folk I know still went to work.  Either remotely or in person, with masks, social distancing, etc.

Work is necessary.  Going to the bar and not practicing safety standards is not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Most folk I know still went to work.  Either remotely or in person, with masks, social distancing, etc.

Work is necessary.  Going to the bar and not practicing safety standards is not.

ask around the many resturants and bars in thailand how they feel about it economically, and especially ask the staff.

i literally bumped into a girl that had been made unemployed in the hdd factory and went on to sit in a bar to get at least some money

Edited by scammed
4 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

Oh please there is no mass murder happening. Settle down and stop making hysterical allegations.

People are dying of a disease. People die of other diseases. Welcome to the human condition. No one is committing murder here.

To label anyone a murderer is idiotic nonsense and I'm quite sick of this "going outside is murder" mentality. We're losing everything it is to be human to this sensationalism.

This disease is infectious, but not massively infectious. Please choose more measured wording. We don't need people like you running around screaming that we're all going to die.

We need calm heads and to carry on. Life will be fine and the vast majority of the species will carry on. In 3 or 4 years this will be a distant memory.

You really need a better source for your news.  It is massively infectious.  And those suggesting herd immunity are recommending mass murder. 

Calm heads do like JT says.  Practice what the medical experts say and we'll all be better off.  The US is doing terrible with 200k+ deaths.  Suggesting herd immunity is insane.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88401

Using the WHO (65%) and CDC (0.65%) figures, 213 million people in the U.S. would need to be infected to achieve herd immunity, leaving 1,385,800 Americans dead.

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

ask around the many resturants and bars in thailand how they feel about it economically, and especially ask the staff.

i literally bumped into a girl that had been made unemployed in the hdd factory and went on to sit in a bar to get at least some money

You're mixing things up.  They are still working, but have no customers due to the border being locked down.  That's not happening in the West.  They aren't under lock downs like we are.

Many people aren't going out because the virus is raging.  Reduce the threat and people will go out again. 

Tough times and no easy answers.

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You're mixing things up.  They are still working, but have no customers due to the border being locked down.  That's not happening in the West.  They aren't under lock downs like we are.

Many people aren't going out because the virus is raging.  Reduce the threat and people will go out again. 

Tough times and no easy answers.

i cant speak for others, but for me the reason im not going to bars is because im not interested any more,

if i were, corona would be the least of my worries

8 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

Sweden 

Predicted mortality 2020 compared to 2001-2019

FDB6C958-2DBA-44C2-9DDF-03D287C082EB.jpeg

and here we all thought it was bambi land prior to covid

when nobody died, or suffered

1439ce4965ae29e86f1e2b0ad10b96c5--disney-cartoon-characters-disney-cartoons.jpg

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Brunolem said:

As Ben Franklin said: "those who are ready to sacrifice their freedom in exchange for more security deserve neither one, nor the other". 

Ben Franklin was a man of the Enlightenment.He knew of and admired the work of Dr Edward Jenner (amongst others)whose pioneering work ultimately saved the lives of untold millions..

I doubt he'd give a ratz adze about the irrational conspiratorial fringe of right wing American politics (and Germany and the UK) and their constant denial of science in their pursuit of ideological goals far beyond any of those of the Enlightenment.

Steven Pinker,

'Enlightenment Now-the case for reason,science,humanism and progress.'

• Like 2