COVID-19 is not going away soon or ever

5 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-up-to-50-000-cancers-going-undiagnosed-due-to-covid-report-finds-12117467

Up to 50,000 cancers undiagnosed in the UK alone. Yeah, ok, a myth and scaremongering.

3 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-up-to-50-000-cancers-going-undiagnosed-due-to-covid-report-finds-12117467

Report me for telling the truth about undiagnosed cancers? A truth which has been widely reported? Want to silence me for pointing out that lockdowns kill? Ok then.

From the same link:

"But a spokesperson for the health service in England said Macmillan's findings are "flawed" adding: "Because thanks to the hard work of NHS staff, cancer treatments are actually back to pre-pandemic levels.

"The majority of people who have not been diagnosed are people who have not come forward for checks and so our message is clear - if you have worrying symptoms you must get this checked - the NHS is ready and able to treat you."

My daughter and her husband are front line workers in a hospital in Lancashire.

I am currently in need of treatment for a heart condition and wish to return to the UK for treatment. They have both assured me that I would not have to wait for treatment.

I have had cancer and asked for help from Macmillan at the time. They were worse than useless.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not like a regular flu at all. They want masks and distancing to be permanent. None of that happened for regular flu or any other diseases, far as I know. I'm happy to go back to life as pre coro

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own coun

Not to mention that they have destroyed their countries' already fragile economies, that will need years to recover, if ever...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, they can't be too sick if they can come and work in a hospital. That's really hard work and no one that is impaired physically or mentally would be safe ( for the patients ) IMO working in a ward. Giving the wrong medication because one was mentally impaired could cause more problems for a patient than the disease, and who would be liable in court- the nurse or the management for allowing them to work impaired?

You do know that not everybody is sick of Covid , but if you are infected , you can't go to work , since you are infecting other people . In this case , they ask if they can come work in the covid area . Since they are infected anyway , it doesnt do more harm , since everybody there is infected and closed of the rest of the hospital .

Space can always be created , the army can also build tents for putting patients in . Nurses and doctors cant be created in a few days . Stacking people without the needed care is not what you want from a hospital .

8 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

The virus is raging because it is a highly contagious virus, and that is what highly contagious viruses do. We can not stop it any more than we can stop a tsunami. 

And why can't we just ignore it and move on with life? Why do we all need to be obsessed by it? What purpose does this serve other than degrading our mental health?

It is better to be positive and move on with life, not negative and obsess over the virus. Many people who obsess over the virus are intensely negative types with grim life outlooks and a victim mentality.

Sorry buddy but wanting to move on doesn't make me selfish. It just means I don't want to spend years fixating on a virus that we can't stop. Some of us want to enjoy our lives.

We're all going to die one day. Until that day, best enjoy it.

Ummm...we did stop it here in Thailand.  As have many other countries.  And people in those countries are getting on with their life.

Time for the west to do the same.  Then, we can all move around freely.

It is better to pay attention to the dangers of this pandemic, not dismiss them like you do. Sadly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

So why don't we lockdown for the flu? And why don't we stop people having sex to stop HIV spreading? Why don't we lock down for 6 months until every virus on the planet is eliminated?

Sorry to break this to you, but getting sick is part of being human. Everyone gets sick and everyone dies. It happens. None of us can avoid it.

The flu is much less harmful , and there is a vaccine .

HIV , condoms are a easy solution and the virus can't travel through latex/rubber .

Getting sick is part of human nature , yes ... why do we got hospitals and doctors , why just not shut them all down , people get sick anyways and eventually all die . ...

1 minute ago, sezze said:

You do know that not everybody is sick of Covid , but if you are infected , you can't go to work , since you are infecting other people . In this case , they ask if they can come work in the covid area . Since they are infected anyway , it doesnt do more harm , since everybody there is infected and closed of the rest of the hospital .

Space can always be created , the army can also build tents for putting patients in . Nurses and doctors cant be created in a few days . Stacking people without the needed care is not what you want from a hospital .

Speaking as a nurse I do understand that. It just opens up liability against the nurse if they make a mistake for coming to work while impaired. I wouldn't agree to go to work while infected unless I had a cast iron immunity agreement before doing so, and that would have to come from the government. Too risky to being struck off the register otherwise.

Nurses these days are liable for prosecution for too many things, IMO.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

No one is denying covid is out there. No one with any sanity. What we are saying is that there is no need to stop our lives for this. Life goes on. We need to be positive and just move on.

There are about 40 million people with HIV around the world, many of whom will have a shorter life expectancy, but we don't stop everyone having sex. Why aren't we running around screaming about that?

I've had a few cancers. Stuff happens in life. Best just to move on and enjoy life. Sitting around looking at figures and graphs and shouting that people are "grannie killers" and "covid deniers" and whatever solves nothing.

Spoken like a true Covid denier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Speaking as a nurse I do understand that. It just opens up liability against the nurse if they make a mistake for coming to work while impaired. I wouldn't agree to go to work while infected unless I had a cast iron immunity agreement before doing so, and that would have to come from the government. Too risky to being struck off the register otherwise.

Nurses these days are liable for prosecution for too many things, IMO.

In Belgium , nurses and doctors are nearly never prosecuted , even if there are clear errors made . Over here , thats nothing to worry about .

7 minutes ago, sezze said:

, the army can also build tents for putting patients in . Nurses and doctors cant be created in a few days .

The army already has lots of tents called field hospitals. They don't need to build them.

Nurses have been unappreciated, exploited and underpaid for decades. Many that would have trained as nurses in the past won't touch the job anymore for reasons too many to put on here, but now that they are wanted, all of a sudden people and politicians care!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sezze said:

In Belgium , nurses and doctors are nearly never prosecuted , even if there are clear errors made . Over here , thats nothing to worry about .

Given I don't live in Belgium, I was talking about where I live, but I find it extraordinary that a nurse or Dr wouldn't be struck off for making a serious mistake in any western country.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Report me for telling the truth about undiagnosed cancers? A truth which has been widely reported? Want to silence me for pointing out that lockdowns kill? Ok then.

'The Thought Police" !

• Haha 1