COVID-19 is not going away soon or ever

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Reboot indeed... it is going to send it back to 1984 (as in the book), where it will remain for a very long time... 

I liked 1984 ... better than today ...may be ...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not like a regular flu at all. They want masks and distancing to be permanent. None of that happened for regular flu or any other diseases, far as I know. I'm happy to go back to life as pre coro

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own coun

Not to mention that they have destroyed their countries' already fragile economies, that will need years to recover, if ever...

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There are quite a lot of ants on the planet, so no worries about intelligence. 

As for the bipedal primates, there are reasons to worry about their survival... at some point the consequences of infinite stupidity become really devastating... 

It's just evolution ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
5 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

It's just evolution ...

It's just evolution , but still a pity that we take ( and already took )  so many unique species with us on our way down ...

No respect for nature and it's self regulating systems , selfish and blind , without any ( animalic ? ) sense for what is right and necessary ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, surfinglife said:

Why only another year or two? It is here to stay and we must learn to live with it just like we have learned to live with SARS, MERS, HIV (no vaccine for any of those and there won't be one for Covid either). New normal, accept it and carry on.

I wasn't suggesting that this virus would be eradicated in a year or two or ever. I'm talking about things being under relatively good control with massive global vaccinations. Until then people will be well advised to keep vigilant with mitigation measures such as masks and distancing. Really it's more like two years to realistically get to that point. 

• Like 2

I don't know that it will be around forever, at least not in the capacity it is right now. There will eventually be a vaccine developed and that will drastically reduce transmission of the virus. It may not get completely eradicated, but it will get under control at some point, hopefully sooner than later. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

New research finds that SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19, is the result of the natural process of evolution rather than a product of laboratory engineering.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-new-coronavirus-was-not-genetically-engineered-study-shows

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52048195

it is ' the revenge of the pangolin ...'

May well be the case but  how do  you know the China lab wasnt  messing around with it and where it may not  have been widespread originally    made it  so by accident.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bodga said:

May well be the case but  how do  you know the China lab wasnt  messing around with it and where it may not  have been widespread originally    made it  so by accident.

Stop spreading conspiracy theories.  It's not an invented virus.  Jeez.  Where do you guys get your news?  Twitter?

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 5:07 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Not like a regular flu at all. They want masks and distancing to be permanent. None of that happened for regular flu or any other diseases, far as I know.

I'm happy to go back to life as pre corona and take my chances, even though I'm over 70 and not particularly healthy.

Come on.  Nobody wants masks and social distancing to be permanent.  But considering the human population, in some cases, it might be a good idea!  As you know, we've not experienced something like this in 100 years.

And this isn't the regular flu, but you know that.  It's not just about you, it's about others.  Protect yourself, protect others.  We'd appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
On 10/16/2020 at 5:31 AM, scammed said:

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on

as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating

for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own country, so its going to take quite some time yet

Some might have a different opinion if a family member died.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:31 AM, scammed said:

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on

as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating

for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own country, so its going to take quite some time yet

Why copy Sweden?  So you can have more deaths and a worse economy?  Seriously?

https://www.axios.com/sweden-death-tally-highest-coronavirus-45dd5bd4-aded-4032-8952-fe745e229575.html

Coronavirus helps drive Sweden death tally to highest in 151 years

https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

The Swedish COVID-19 Response Is a Disaster. It Shouldn’t Be a Model for the Rest of the World

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1