Jump to content

COVID-19 is not going away soon or ever


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

SARS is a coronavirus and MERS is a coronavirus, but there is no dispute Severe And Middle East are different words.

There was a major outbreak of MERS in South Korea 2015, why they were so quick off the mark with covid.

There are many corona viruses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not like a regular flu at all. They want masks and distancing to be permanent. None of that happened for regular flu or any other diseases, far as I know. I'm happy to go back to life as pre coro

eventually, everyone will copy sweden and move on as it was a year ago, but its bitter and humiliating for politicians around the world to admit they committed high treason on their own coun

Not to mention that they have destroyed their countries' already fragile economies, that will need years to recover, if ever...

Posted Images

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

don't think the rest of the world is that stupid.. 

Sweden deaths right in line with every other year.  Covid hasn't changed overall death rates.  Only thing to see here is 2019 had less deaths than normal.

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/525353/sweden-number-of-deaths/

sweden.png

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Sweden deaths right in line with every other year.  Covid hasn't changed overall death rates.  Only thing to see here is 2019 had less deaths than normal.

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/525353/sweden-number-of-deaths/

sweden.png

Perhaps not the best way to look at CV deaths?  Plus, misleading as you've left out some details.  I.E. 2020 deaths are only through October 5th.

 

https://www.axios.com/sweden-death-tally-highest-coronavirus-45dd5bd4-aded-4032-8952-fe745e229575.html

 

Of note: A study published in the Journal of Royal Society of Medicine on Tuesday that examined infection rates in Sweden compared to other countries found it "continued persistence of higher infection and mortality ... well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway, whose rapid lockdown measures seem to have been initially more successful in curtailing the infection surge."

 

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Perhaps not the best way to look at CV deaths?  Plus, misleading as you've left out some details.  I.E. 2020 deaths are only through October 5th.

 

https://www.axios.com/sweden-death-tally-highest-coronavirus-45dd5bd4-aded-4032-8952-fe745e229575.html

 

Of note: A study published in the Journal of Royal Society of Medicine on Tuesday that examined infection rates in Sweden compared to other countries found it "continued persistence of higher infection and mortality ... well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway, whose rapid lockdown measures seem to have been initially more successful in curtailing the infection surge."

 

The Swedish results have been analyzed and known for quite a while. 

 

They messed up with their elderlies, as most of their covid linked deaths were registered in nursing homes, hence a national average death age over 80.

 

The general population on the other hand sustained very few fatalities. 

 

Moreover, today Sweden doesn't have to deal with the resurgence of cases seen in many European countries which, by the way, have stopped condemning Sweden for its alleged irresponsibility. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 6:01 AM, Brunolem said:

Not to mention that they have destroyed their countries' already fragile economies, that will need years to recover, if ever...

yes, that is what i referred to as high treason

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The Swedish results have been analyzed and known for quite a while. 

 

They messed up with their elderlies, as most of their covid linked deaths were registered in nursing homes, hence a national average death age over 80.

 

The general population on the other hand sustained very few fatalities. 

 

Moreover, today Sweden doesn't have to deal with the resurgence of cases seen in many European countries which, by the way, have stopped condemning Sweden for its alleged irresponsibility. 

 

I hear ya, but don't like when some post that it's ok only the elderly died.  Kinda BS IMHO.

 

From an economic point of view, they actually did worse than their neighbors.  But I'm only comparing them to their nearest neighbors.  Not to the rest of the EU.  Doesn't make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scammed said:

yes, that is what i referred to as high treason

High treason is what the US did.  Allowing some 50-60k die that didn't have to.  Wear a mask, social distance, take the virus seriously.  We did it here and it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I hear ya, but don't like when some post that it's ok only the elderly died.  Kinda BS IMHO.

 

From an economic point of view, they actually did worse than their neighbors.  But I'm only comparing them to their nearest neighbors.  Not to the rest of the EU.  Doesn't make sense.

Every death is a tragedy, but as the graph shows, the covid deaths of the elderly in the old folks home and the high proportion of Somali deaths hasn't added any overall deaths to the average. What does that tell you?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the charts I’ve seen have shown that Sweden has had a pretty much normal year for all cause deaths. 
And they now have the lowest Covid death rate in Europe. 
 

 

0B13D69B-5336-4412-914E-12803E98B775.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think this will stay for a long time or maybe end up seasonal like the yearly flu. 

 

Vaccines are not making it go away since vaccination is not 100 certain. 

A large portion of people does not develop anti bodies and then we have the problem with one vaccine probably won't cover all variations of covid 19.

 

Plus as long as vaccines are not mandatory worldwide it's going to be even harder to get rid of this. 

 

I see 3 ways that might get rid of covid 19, but not 1 of them are realistic.

 

1. Infect every human beeing on the earth at the same time and let it run wild.

 

2. Quarantine the entire world for a month, including animals that can spread the disease.

 

3. Give every human beeing a vaccine and make sure they develop anti bodies. 

 

1 and 2 are completely impossible, and number 3 would cause to much trouble because there are people that refuse any vaccines on the market. 

 

So I'm kinda pessimistic, but to be honest I think that people are so sick and tired about the freedom taken away, that when a vaccine arrives, it slowly turns around and we just learn to live with it like the flu. 

 

No way people worldwide are accepting to live with these restrictions forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

FYI, covid-19 is just the last corona virus strain. There are several others, and they haven't gone anywhere. They together with the common flu kills hundreds of thousands world wide every year.

Absolutely untrue. One of the other coronaviruses (SARS-CoV-1) has gone somewhere - it has disappeared from circulation and is no longer causing infections or deaths anywhere in the world. The only other coronavirus that kills anyone is MERS and it only kills less than 200 people per year, not hundreds of thousands.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, polpott said:

Sweden is doing far worse than its Nordic neighbours who all took appropriate action.

Yes..but the poster and sundry others get told that ad nauseam-only to briefly pause and then continue their perseverative ways.

 

Please note that I am using the word perseverative not repetition as their posts are not amenable to reason and,therefore,the perseverative statements cannot stop short of inter- galactic intervention.

 

Gawd..I hope the Alpha Centaurans turn up soon..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

All the charts I’ve seen have shown that Sweden has had a pretty much normal year for all cause deaths. 
And they now have the lowest Covid death rate in Europe. 
 

 

0B13D69B-5336-4412-914E-12803E98B775.jpeg

Deaths:

Finland: 351

Norway: 278

Sweden: 5,918

 

Hmmm....doesn't look like the Sweden model did very well.  Economically?  They performed the worst also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...