2 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Would you be willing to share his number for when and if I ever get to go back to HCMC? 

Maybe ask the pack of Vietcong girls peddling their services on Sukhumvit.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Basha said:

Would you be willing to share his number for when and if I ever get to go back to HCMC? 

Yes if I can find it, I lost a work bag some months back including my mobile. I'll check for his number and post if I find it. 

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yes if I can find it, I lost a work bag some months back including my mobile. I'll check for his number and post if I find it. 

Thank you. Too bad about losing contacts. In theory one can back up phone contacts to laptop, but this reminds me I haven't done it since I bought my current mobile phone. 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:
5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thank you. Too bad about losing contacts. In theory one can back up phone contacts to laptop, but this reminds me I haven't done it since I bought my current mobile phone. 

I'm very off topic here but, if the lost phone had an associated google account then logging into that google account on a browser to contacts.google.com will *usually* let you view/add/edit/delete them. Just saying.

I worked last year in this "gig" economy...driving and shopping -delivery......I would get paid a % to shop it and a % to deliver it...and they could tip.....this ALL counted as INCOME---including TIP, so I was TAXED on all of it and had to pay taxes on TOTAL income...sucked.....if they paid my tip in CASH that was right into my pocket and best, if they added it on app, usually that was income to be taxed....I quit cos I dogged my car out and had to replace brakes, etc, would be better with a burner car...also the customer had 3 Days to WITHDRAWAL or alter TIP...many would lure you in with a big tip, then change it after you delivered and left

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, RichCor said:

I'm very off topic here but, if the lost phone had an associated google account then logging into that google account on a browser to contacts.google.com will *usually* let you view/add/edit/delete them. Just saying.

I called the student who organized the Grab car the first time (this student is on staff at my old uni in VN).

The mother of the grab driver has withdrawn the car because she's concerned about maybe passengers leaving Covid 19 virus in the family car. 

Driver has gone back to uni to study manufacturing management. 

3 hours ago, connda said:

Just showing my ignorance here. 
How do you pay for a Grab taxi? 

I've always paid with a UK credit card linked to my Grab account but a post upthread says that's not possible now. 😞