I like living in Chiang Mai

BritManToo

9 hours ago, jimgilly said:

I don't need to say anymore.

Is that a promise?

If so CM will be much better off without your slanderous statement's.

PS;  I like living in Chiang Mia, even with all it's faults!

Edited by fangless
PS added, as usual!!

9 hours ago, jimgilly said:

This is obviously a false statemen

Who or what gives you the right to make derogatory comments about a city you do not live in anymore or to call people liars just because they take  apposing 'views' to yours?

I know what my feelings and thoughts are and I do not care or wish to know about yours or have mine corrected or misinterpreted by the likes of you!

To make assumptions about whether someone is and I quote "you are not in a position to move" shows you are both insensitive and inaccurate.  It is also an assumption based on no knowledge of the person you are criticising and trying to belittle.  All it does is belittle yourself.

I suggest that as this thread is titled "I like living in Chiang Mai" it is probably not very appropriate for you to post here with your anti CM Smog rhetoric and instead I suggest you  post in the pinned "Air Quality" thread at the top of this forum, 

Unlike you, I like living in Chiang Mai and believe it should be supported. Why don't you expend the energy you use in attacking CM in promoting whichever backwater  place you live in!

As the MOD said above  "Please stay on topic : "I like living in Chiang Mai"

I liked living in Chiang Mai for ten years. I now like living in Chiang Rai, nine months now. There are pluses and minuses to anywhere one lives, it boils down to what one wants to make of it.

I occasionally go back to CM to meet friends, nothing much changes.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 3:51 AM, jimgilly said:

It's a rare occasion when you even notice it and it never bothers you? 

Seriously, check the map and make sure you actually live in CM because even someone who is blind would be able to determine how bad the air pollution gets. 

Also, you should be careful saying it never bothers you as there were five Marlboro guys who didn't think smoking was bad and all five died of smoking related illnesses.  Just saying.

I lived in C M during burning season and can't say it affected me unduly. I kept my windows closed and the AC on, and went out whenever I wanted.

Some people are more susceptible to air pollution than others.

If it was as bad as some say, the entire population would have either died or moved away.

BTW, smoking cigarettes is not the same as general air pollution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fangless said:

Is that a promise?

If so CM will be much better off without your slanderous statement's.

PS;  I like living in Chiang Mia, even with all it's faults!

First, you need to get a dictionary and look up the definition of what "slander" is since you obviously don't know what it means and check out the word "fact" while you're at it. 

Also, I thought you lived in Chiang Mai but it appears you live in Chiang Mia so maybe the pollution isn't as bad there, where ever that is.

Last, this will be my last post as I wait to see what the air quality will be in the coming months.  I will look forward to seeing what you post once the PM 2.5 levels hit dangerous levels and others are complaining daily about how bad it is.  My guess is you will stop posting like others who promote CM until the pollution hits.  Anyone thinks I'm wrong just wait and see.

• Haha 1

Nice to see that "Whole Earth", along with many other well known establishments are open tonight!

1055496521_wholeearth.thumb.jpg.7c26b616fe98b99e0a70f3c87399067f.jpgGreat to see that the previously announced demise of a well established  establishment is yet again proved to be erroneous!

Well done to all the CM businesses that are trying and succeeding in keeping their heads above water in these trying times. 

I say "Keep at it".  True believers in CM will I believe continue to support you!