I like living in Chiang Mai

BritManToo

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually one of the better things about CM is the infratructure.  Nice wide roads, underpasses, super highway.  The city center cannot be changed and the 107 mostly sucks a death trap for U turns.  Other then that, it seems pretty good.

Of course the city center could be changed. Ban private cars inside the wall, trams, bicycles, tamlors, electric scooters for hire, electric tuktuks, make some nice parks and outdoor entertainment venues- it'd be brilliant.

Council won't do anything though- never did anything while I was there. Didn't even put on a concert for tourists at Xmas/ new year.

16 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

You do live in Thailand ... uh well, once you did. You just described most towns and cities in Thailand :thumbsup:

As for Doc Turner, the few times I have been in Pattaya it resembled a large construction zone. Holes and obstacles everywhere. The topper, the beach was trashy and water smelled. Yes I'm sure I caught it at a bad time, but those impressions were deal breakers.

Phayao is about the only nice Thai city I've been in. C M could take lessons from them how to make a city worth living in.

C M doesn't even utilize the river properly for tourism. Council is useless IMO.

IMO C M claims to be a tourist city, but does almost nothing to make it a better experience for tourists. All they have done is make the nightlife pathetic with go to bed early closing times.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hospital????????????????????

Pantip isn't near a hospital, to my recollection.

Happy to hear Loi Kroh has new pavements. If the council had a clue they'd turn Loi Kroh into a Walking Street with decent restaurants and bars. When I was there it was a grotty dump.

Its a local hospital , Loi Kroh needs to get rid of all the sleazy bars and also the type of people those bars attract

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would like to visit some places in Se Asia but not about to follow some bizzaro weird quarantine rules for a fake virus or wear a mask.. Guess I'll just have to suffer living on my gated 4 acre he11 hole in our 8000 acre community where there are 4 seasons, fresh air & mild winters.

P1040093.JPG

P1040098.JPG

Edited by XBroker
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I just sometimes go there just to look and laugh , not to participate 

and take pics.....perhaps the ladies "look and laugh"....sorry to disturb your sleep, unless you sit by your computer waiting for my responses at 3:45am in CM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChakaKhan said:

and take pics.....perhaps the ladies "look and laugh"....sorry to disturb your sleep, unless you sit by your computer waiting for my responses at 3:45am in CM

Just back from Santahip , taking photos of the promised packed out T-bar etc, post those packed out places tomorrow ????  

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

:coffee1:

I see loads of people on the other side of the window ........ they're all sitting in the area with the live band!

Here's the other side of the window ..... plenty of people, the lit room is empty.

t-bar.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I just sometimes go there just to look and laugh , not to participate 

I never found anything amusing in Loi Kroh. It was just too pathetic.  The view out of the Lek hotel window of Second Road in Pattaya was a million % more interesting than Loi Kroh and that's not even a bar area. At least there were some attractive women walking by.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I see loads of people on the other side of the window ........ they're all sitting in the area with the live band!

Here's the other side of the window ..... plenty of people, the lit room is empty.

t-bar.jpg

And heres a photo taken last night about 9.30 PM , the ladies standing up were employees 

DSCF5925.JPG

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

t-bar.jpg

They're laughing about the creepy old man taking pics.