I like living in Chiang Mai

BritManToo

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I see loads of people on the other side of the window ........ they're all sitting in the area with the live band!

Here's the other side of the window ..... plenty of people, the lit room is empty.

t-bar.jpg

Agreed i posted the same minutes ago after trying to squint thru the CC photoshoot..she walks like a champ in those heels ????

Heading up to Chiang Mai in December for a few days, going to be staying near the Night Market and Taipei Gate Area.  Will make a run up to the mountain tops to the temples for a visit and then maybe hit the zoo.  I used to live up near the university back in 2014 when I was working on a short term contract.  Enjoyed it. Ex-In laws have many family members who live on the road going up to  Doi Inthanon.  Thinking about possibly making a move up that way as the GF's from just over the border there in Myanmar.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 3:05 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Mid-week at 9pm..Rule No 1..Never Ever enter a bar until at least 11pm....you tailgate at home first-or dorm room

Also you don't have to buy the "girls" bar drinks all night!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChakaKhan said:

I dont go to those places..Im out to enjoy the sangsom, not the "service".....

And I thought Sangsom was a type of Thai rum not a euphemism for something we cannot talk about!

????

On 10/21/2020 at 2:28 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Hospital????????????????????

Pantip isn't near a hospital, to my recollection.

Happy to hear Loi Kroh has new pavements. If the council had a clue they'd turn Loi Kroh into a Walking Street with decent restaurants and bars. When I was there it was a grotty dump.

You're evading the question. First you claimed the town was grotty because of all the broken phone boxes and now apparently it's just 2 phone boxes in one location? That's what bothers you?

15 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

You're evading the question. First you claimed the town was grotty because of all the broken phone boxes and now apparently it's just 2 phone boxes in one location? That's what bothers you?

How else would one make important phone calls if there were no boxes????....if only there was another option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

How else would one make important phone calls if there were no boxes????....if only there was another option

How about catching some pigeons from Thapae gate and train them as carrier pigeons.

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Those are the only phones on the road that you stated , they are the same phones and the phone is in working order .

Then they must have removed the derelict phones and replaced them with working ones.

I don't know why you are so fixated by those phones though, it's not as though broken pavements are unknown in C M. Working phones do not mean that all is well with C M infrstructure.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then they must have removed the derelict phones and replaced them with working ones.

I don't know why you are so fixated by those phones though, it's not as though broken pavements are unknown in C M. Working phones do not mean that all is well with C M infrstructure.

Nope, its a old looking phone box and I lifted up the receiver......................and the phone worked .

Those "broken" phone boxes are the reason why you hate CM and will never go there gain, because those "broken" phone boxes obstruct you from walking down that street 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Nope, its a old looking phone box and I lifted up the receiver......................and the phone worked .

Those "broken" phone boxes are the reason why you hate CM and will never go there gain, because those "broken" phone boxes obstruct you from walking down that street 

LOL. I tried the phones and they didn't work. Perhaps they fixed them.

I would go back to C M, when there isn't any burning. I wouldn't live there again, but not because of broken phone boxes. I wouldn't because it's just not a fun town. I had a reason to live there before, but that reason no longer exists.

Either Pattaya or north east Phangan.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I tried the phones and they didn't work. Perhaps they fixed them.

I would go back to C M, when there isn't any burning. I wouldn't live there again, but not because of broken phone boxes. I wouldn't because it's just not a fun town. I had a reason to live there before, but that reason no longer exists.

Either Pattaya or north east Phangan.

What do you do in Pattaya and KPG that you cannot do in CM ?

What fun is missing from CM ?

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

What do you do in Pattaya and KPG that you cannot do in CM ?

What fun is missing from CM ?

Actual nightlife. Restaurants are not nightlife, nor is shopping at night markets. Loi Kroh Rd was a bad joke.

I love the beaches in LOS and would love to live on one, but not on Samui or Phuket. N E Phangan was perfect. No nightlife, but I can give it up for a nice beach. C M was the worst of all worlds for me- no nightlife and far from the sea.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actual nightlife. Restaurants are not nightlife, nor is shopping at night markets. Loi Kroh Rd was a bad joke.

I love the beaches in LOS and would love to live on one, but not on Samui or Phuket. N E Phangan was perfect. No nightlife, but I can give it up for a nice beach. C M was the worst of all worlds for me- no nightlife and far from the sea.

Do you mean prostitute bars ? Go-go bars ?

CM doesnt have a decent prostitute  bar scene ?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've never considered a bar full of elderly white men listening to 70s rock music (or worse attempting to play 70s rock music) to be night life, but each to his own.

Now my idea of nightlife is a restaurant or bar filled with dozens of female university students, all wondering how they will pay next months rent and university fees.

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

CM doesnt have a decent prostitute  bar scene ?

How do you know there is no such scene? Have you been out trolling/looking for some with your little camera?  Can we have some more photos please, preferably with accurate captions and descriptions for a change.

BTW I assumed that all areas of ill repute were not "decent" by definition!