Flu shot.

Kwaibill

Any recommendations where in Bangkok to get a flu jab? I got one last year while visiting in the states, but unable to find one here the year before, vaccine shortage or some such.

Would like to keep the cost down, as been paying out for treatment of a gangrenous toe. Infection gone, along with a little bit of the toe, but months healing.

I am diabetic and too fat, though lost 17 or 18 kilos since March. Considerable reduction in meds!

Anyway, at risk and don't want to chance it.

I paid 900 baht at BNH hospital in August. It was readily available as that was the prime flu season.  It was called Fluquardi, Southern strain.  Flu Season has almost run its course, but it does not mean that you can't still get it.  Flu season here runs during the rainy season, while in the western countries, right now is when the flu season is beginning.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

From memory, it's about 800 baht at a private hospital. PM Sheryl, she will know.

Thanks, man. 

I will ask at my next appointment, and if they are around 1,000 bt I'll just get it. Problems, I will give Sheryl a buzz.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:13 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I paid 900 baht at BNH hospital in August. It was readily available as that was the prime flu season.  It was called Fluquardi, Southern strain.  Flu Season has almost run its course, but it does not mean that you can't still get it.  Flu season here runs during the rainy season, while in the western countries, right now is when the flu season is beginning.

So Australia is not a western country?

11 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Looked good Sheryl but need to add on 320 baht to the prices.

"Doctor fee 200 Baht, Hospital fee (100 Baht), Registration fee (20 baht, only in the first visit)"

Ah..in that case no cheaper than here

https://www.medconsultasia.com/prices

Which is easier in terms of waits and no need to see doctor.

It is located inside the Racquet club on Sukhumvit Soi 49 (around the corner from Samitivej)

Nite that this is not the flu season in Thailand, in Thailand it is May - November (the rainy season). Still worth getting as there is some flu year round but from next year get it each May which is when the new vaccones come out