"The Stranded": Thaivisa highlights the plight of expats unable to return to Thailand: #1: Teachers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do not knock TV for this one.. Doing nothing achieves nothing. Doing something might succeed. Good luck.

It's not only Thailand whom have closed their borders to non citizens, many nations have imposed such restrictions.  Some of those are the very same countries as those who are complaining right here o

I think we're flogging a dead horse here.   Up to the Thais who they let in at the end of the day as harsh as it is for those trapped overseas.   Perhaps a wake up call to those of

Posted Images

11 hours ago, spoon1967 said:

Why would you leave Thailand when it was clearly risky, in March this year it was obvious that things might go "pear shaped" with respect to international travel.

And how come they were evicted? was the rent/services not being paid? That's the only reason a landlord would evict, any this could of easily been avoided - unless it was done purposely.

But hey, blame everyone else.

Not defending him, but I think the story was clear at least to me some critical thinking on my behave assume the rest?

He said he was working 7 days a week, needed the time off and didn't think the lock down was going to last 7 months.

Based on their age like many they didn't have enough saving reserve since it is indicated he is doing some part-time teaching and his wife online they are able to make expenses where they are but not enough to pay their rent in Bangkok? Sure based on other stuff we can second guess the decisions but I wouldn't assume it was done on purpose? Last, I don't think their story blames everyone it blames the Thai leaders for their inconsistent applications of their own rules which we all can agree at times isn't very thought out and seem backwards? We are all in the same boat why try to throw others overboard just to save yourself we are all human and make mistake I think even Thais would agree to that?🤔

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, StefanBBK said:

Reading all this I realize how fortunate I am.

I do live in Bangkok and normally work abroad. Currently living on reduced salary due to not being able to travel. At least I am with my family, safe and sound.

My hope is that soon the country (and the world) will open again, eventually it has to. 

Everybody, stay strong and never give up hoping for the best. Kudos to TV for raising awareness!

I'm married and trying to divorce but not easy thanks to immigration laws. And due to lack of knowledge of Thai laws didn't realize my new Thai gf could have serious problems made for her by my wife even though divorce was agreed upon. And my gf left me out of fear. I'm fighting to get divorced as fast as possible and to get her back. As she is damn near the perfect ideal life partner in my eyes. Again only reason she left me us fear of my wife under Thai laws. Not because of problems between us. We were beyond happy together. Point of my reply is that I'm happy for you that you are safe with your family while I'm fighting to get mine back. Being my gf that left me. Which I probably will after get my divorce but still a chance I won't. As took her long time to admit the truth to me and herself as to why she left me and started trying to find new. But after accepting the reality of everything wants us back together but also stuck as has other guys been talking to with intent to try to be with one of them. Which I understand her side as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hope we aren't going to get a series of articles about people in different categories who can't get into Thailand because the borders are closed. Teachers, retirees, girlfriends, bar owners, education visa holders, investment visa holders, elite visa holders. This story was boring first time around.

This is how the story goes so nobody has to read it every day. 

"Those poor entitled people thought they could go to Thailand but after corona virus came they couldn't go there any more and have to wait in their own crappy country - normally a western country like the UK - a bit longer" end of story.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Perhaps a wake up call to those of use that think they have any sort of permanence here.

There IS permanence here...these people LEFT Thailand remember.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Even the Thai,s  are  sick of the  Gov  

Only  answer  is a new  Gov  .......Those generals  must go  Or China will eventually  own  Thailand 

One day   a revoltion  will  come to Thailand  people  can only  take  so much control then  they  explode (USA  could help )

Good  Luck Thailand  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

You are talking about presenting their legitimate concerns and frustrations to highly nationalistic people who distrust all non-Thais and are pretty much devoid of any semblance of compassion.  Thais in positions of leadership and power will see any vocal foreigner as a critic of Thai policy, and criticism of Thailand will just earn these "bad, disrespectful" foreigners more grief.  Thailand's response will more than likely simply to make a longer and deeper regulatory gauntlet for foreigners to wade through in order to gain entry.  Smart foreigners should probably reassess their reasons for wanting to enter and stay in Thailand in the first place.  Over the next years, roadblocks to entry as well as to stay will become the norm except for the vaunted 'wealthy tourist with status' as that really is the only factor that Thais appreciate.  Wealth and power will allow wealth and power to enter and stay.  All others??? 
Commoner need not apply.

And what do the Thai small businesses do for income which would normally come from tourists ,like road side food stalls places to have a drink 7/11, Family stores these are places the rich don't go to, everything has already been paid for in there country of origin. They don't go on a 2,3day glow cast letterour where there own accommodation has already been paid for.

I sit in a large hotel amongst then, They'll tell you of all the places they been to but very little of travel when they get their.  Rich people pay for lavish accommodation ( which has already been paid for in the country of origin but that's not helping the Thai community directly It helps to pay for submarines, tanks, helicopters, armed vehicles . As to where they are intended to be used.boggles the mind as all the surrounding  countries are apart of Asean. 

Edited by Percy P