Twitter briefly restricts Trump campaign account amid Republican outcry

webfact

For anyone still wondering how authentic looking Burisma information could have ended up on computer disk:

Burisma Holdings 'successfully' hacked by Russian military amid House-led impeachment hearings: US tech company

Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas company at the center of a scandal that resulted in President Trump’s impeachment by the House of Representatives, was successfully hacked in November by Russian military agents, a U.S. cybersecurity company claimed Monday. 

The Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Army (GRU) in early November 2019 launched an ongoing phishing campaign aimed at stealing the login credentials for employees of Burisma Holdings and its partners and subsidiaries, according to an eight-page report published by Area 1 Security, a Silicon Valley company that specializes in e-mail security.

“Area 1 Security has also further connected this GRU phishing campaign to another phishing campaign targeting a media organization founded by Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky,” the report adds. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-burisma-hacked-by-russians-ukraine-scandal-impeachment

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Is it too late for the democrats act decisively, nip this in the bud and field a new candidate? Make Harris the Presidential candidate and bring in another for VP? Has this situation where the prime candidate is compromised beyond all hope just a couple of weeks before the election ever happened before? What a fascinating train wreck to watch.

I think it is fair to say that America is fielding two complete inadequates for the role of POTUS.  How it can be that the once mighty USA can only come up with these two is absolutely staggering.

But your question about the democrats fielding a new candidate at this late stage is interesting, although I know it wasn't a serious suggestion.  As bad a Biden is he should beat Trump hands down, but who would have thought for a moment that the moronic Trump would have won the last time out.  OK I know he was up against Clinton and she was almost as obnoxious as him, but the level had never sunk so low at that time.

So logic says that Biden will win but not make it through the first four years and Harris will step up and take over.  I guess that is the best we can hope for.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement that Republican-led Senate committees have previously concluded that Joe Biden engaged in no wrongdoing related to Ukraine. He also denied such a meeting had taken place.

Note though that there has been no denial of the validity of the emails.

Also there is more to come yet and I believe the sting in the tail for Hunter may well be in the photo and video content. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Two HUGE scoops of Irony and Hypocrisy there. LOL

I suspect the emails, videos, documents will be slowly released, to force those crying fake to cease. Imagine how much incriminating evidence would be on a laptop, probably be able to trace every website Biden jr visited too, all social media logins. The mind boggles at the ramifications for "pops, or "the big guy" as he is allegedly referred to in highly incriminating conversations detailing policy corruption and favours for cash. Anyone thinking this is a fake and will be all over tomorrow, well, let's just say - nope. It will be morning on the East coast in a couple of hours, wonder what treats we get today?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I suspect the emails, videos, documents will be slowly released, to force those crying fake to cease. Imagine how much incriminating evidence would be on a laptop, probably be able to trace every website Biden jr visited too, all social media logins. The mind boggles at the ramifications for "pops, or "the big guy" as he is allegedly referred to in highly incriminating conversations detailing policy corruption and favours for cash. Anyone thinking this is a fake and will be all over tomorrow, well, let's just say - nope. It will be morning on the East coast in a couple of hours, wonder what treats we get today?

55555....you're really getting ahead of yourself, aren't you?  Have you noticed that no reputable media is giving this story any credence, except to say how dubious and unverified the allegations are.  If it was even a tiny bit legit, Biden would have been asked about it at the town hall last night.  But he wasn't.  Because it's made-up nonsense and everyone knows it.   

1 minute ago, TopDeadSenter said:

"Have you noticed that no reputable media is giving this story any credence"

Not true, sorry.

"This is a legitimate story with important information for voters who are being asked to trust Joe Biden for a return to normalcy. We doubt this is the kind of Washington self-interest and dishonesty as usual that most Americans have in mind."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-hunter-biden-business-11602803121

How many links from reputable media giving this story credence do you want? i attach one from the Wall Street Journal just to prove your post false and misleading.

That's an opinion piece, not a journalistic piece.  Surely you can see the difference.  Reputable media is not going to run with a story unless it's been verified.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

Stevenl

I have read, and as stated I SEE NOTHING that disputes the fact that the story is TRUE  If you have evidence from a legitimate source than provide it.  Further, let me ask you, if this was Eric Trump instead of Hunter Biden would you be likewise support the censorship or are you the typical liberal that supports it only when the information does not conform to your biased predisposed opinion. 

If you really believe that somehow a laptop surfaces with not just emails but a video tape very clearly showing Hunter Biden using drugs and having sex and somehow that is "manufactured" by the opposition. I have several bridges to sell you. 

There's a lot of speculation out there, one is that Hunter Biden's e-mail/files were hacked (through the Burisma hack).  The files were transferred to the laptop and mixed in with "fake content."  So some of the info may have been H. Biden's, but the most incriminating appears to be forged.  It has the hallmarks of a typical Russian intelligence scheme. 

[US intelligence analysts suspected at least as far back as last month that a mixture of hacked and forged emails from the Ukrainian natural-gas company Burisma Holdings might be leaked online as an "October surprise" in the 2020 US election, The New York Times reported Wednesday.]

[The paper said the analysts were concerned "Burisma material would be leaked alongside forged materials in an attempt to hurt" the candidacy of the Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden.]

And if you understand what Rudy and Trump are trying to allege, it makes no sense next to the facts.

[And, according to The Wall Street Journal, government officials and Ukrainian anticorruption advocates said Shokin had actually hampered the investigation into Burisma long before Biden entered the picture.]

[Per these reports, by calling for Shokin's firing, Biden was doing the opposite of what Trump has implied: He was increasing rather than decreasing the likelihood of an investigation into Burisma.]

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-intelligence-analysts-hacked-burisma-emails-russia-october-surprise-2020-10

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Stevenl

I have read, and as stated I SEE NOTHING that disputes the fact that the story is TRUE  If you have evidence from a legitimate source than provide it.  Further, let me ask you, if this was Eric Trump instead of Hunter Biden would you be likewise support the censorship or are you the typical liberal that supports it only when the information does not conform to your biased predisposed opinion. 

If you really believe that somehow a laptop surfaces with not just emails but a video tape very clearly showing Hunter Biden using drugs and having sex and somehow that is "manufactured" by the opposition. I have several bridges to sell you. 

If you have evidence the story is true, please (notice the word please) provide it. You have a story, I and others have offered quite a few indications already the story is not true.

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Sure. Makes sense. A laptop computer from Hunter Biden is left loaded with damaging information is left at a repair store and never picked up. 

Believe that and you believe in Santa Claus

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

IMHO, Twitter and FB should completely ban ALL users who post political or religious content.  Those 2 topics are the prime causes of the world's problems....  Stick to photos of your breakfasts ????

What he said.

23 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

The "reputable media" you refer to is anything but.

If it (the media) was even a tiny bit legit, Biden would have been asked about it at the town hall last night.

Why. Theres nothing to it.

Its lke someone posting that harris had a threesome with aliens. Why bother. Even the fbi, under a trump appointed director wants nothing to do with it.

17 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

A creative cover. How was the content?

I notice you did not link or quote from it.

I am sure the liberal media are working overtime on spinning this one.

However, no denials coming from the Biden camp.

Well there is no comment at all because its fake news. If biden has to answer all the lies he has 20,000 responses.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

Them's real emails their authenticity is not disputed by the Biden camp. 

Nor is it confirmed. Emails could have been gotten by hacking. We know Burisma was hacked by Russians Just because some are real doesn't mean they all are. In the past the Russians have mixed the counterfeit with the genuine.

Russian Hackers Are Using 'Tainted' Leaks to Sow Disinformation

OVER THE PAST year, the Kremlin's strategy of weaponizing leaks to meddle with democracies around the world has become increasingly clear, first in the US and more recently in France. But a new report by a group of security researchers digs into another layer of those so-called influence operations: how Russian hackers alter documents within those releases of hacked material, planting disinformation alongside legitimate leaks.

A new report from researchers at the Citizen Lab group at the University of Toronto's Munk School of Public Affairs documents a wide-ranging hacking campaign, with ties to known Russian hacker groups.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/russian-hackers-using-tainted-leaks-sow-disinformation/