Can I use 'Semi gloss' paint on walls or should I only use 'Matt' paint?

bbabythai

4 hours ago, unheard said:

The house hasn't been built yet therefore I don't have any details.

Just trying to acquire as much knowledge as I a can regarding different stages of the process.

Appreciate all of your comments though.

I wasn't anticipating to receive so many of willing to help responses in such a short period of time.

Just wanted to get a general idea.

An interesting comment regarding the Thai Painting 101 "requirement" for 50% thining.

I will have to remember that one and make sure they don't follow the rule ???? (when the time comes).

As  you are letting the work out, the most important thing will be to get a complete quotation. The painting portion should include exactly what paint & primer will be used, and how many coats they will apply. 

If the contractor quoted with the idea they would use cheap paint. you running around the job-site red-faced is not going to help anything. You stopping the work and showing what is written in the quote/contract will. 

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

As  you are letting the work out, the most important thing will be to get a complete quotation. The painting portion should include exactly what paint & primer will be used, and how many coats they will apply. 

If the contractor quoted with the idea they would use cheap paint. you running around the job-site red-faced is not going to help anything. You stopping the work and showing what is written in the quote/contract will. 

Good points.

Greatly appreciate your advice!