Well heeled "Elite card" holders to "fly in on private jets from UK and Germany"

webfact

21 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Even a 1,000 "well-healed Elite Card holder" arriving on private planes are not going to save this country's tourism sector. When will this finally sink in? What IS the pathologically obsessive fascination of the local tourism authorities with the super wealthy and the role they're allegedly playing in the larger picture of things?

Those millionaires are going to stay at super-luxurious hotels and resorts, either owned by a handful of local obscenely rich families or large international chains. So... the only hospitality operators that potentially can benefit from those foreign Elite Card tourists are exactly the ones who are in the LEAST URGENT need  of "being saved" as they have plenty of financial reserves to tide them over.

Meanwhile, hundreds if not thousands of smaller, less outrageously priced and less luxuriously appointed hotels are going bankrupt. I am not talking about bottom-end backpacker accommodations but comfortable, clean hotels and resorts run by middle-income families and SMEs. And once these places have called it a day, it's going to be the end of the line for Thailand's tourism sector because even the much touted domestic tourism ultimately is but a drop in the bucket.

I don't even want to dwell on Mr. Somchai's comment that Elite Card holders' supposed "spending power was $100 dollars a day." It OUGHT to be a misprint. Because if he really mentioned that figure, the man is a twit.

Those big luxury chains employ a LOT of people that t care for their extended families as well. What's wrong with that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The airport fees alone will help rebuild Suvarnabhumi to its glorious AOT income days lining the pockets creating huge personal smiles. So why are they discriminating against the super rich who would come in their yachts, submarines or air balloons? I just find this whole charade atrocious.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

That has been the case since I first came in 1991, and will never change !

why. go to thailand if you have a lot money. ,south France quite nice. ,what about many other places in the world with fine beaches /mountains /clean air ,if you after female company thats everywhere. ,only difference  is the price

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I was wondering already because I know a farang who is in quarantine in Bangkok at the moment (he has no private plane). He normally stays in Pattaya. But there was nothing in the news that European foreigners are arriving already. And this from high risk areas. 

Here a quarantine plan of a hotel 

Quarantine.jpg

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 2