Police vow to pursue legal actions against Ratchaprasong rallyists

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If human rights were being observed they would not have been arrested in the first place!

Just goes to show that you don't need to pass an IQ test to become a senior policeman in Thailand.

It makes me laugh, watching khaosod English (Facebook page) the guy translated the police order, get this, anyone selling food to the demonstrators, anyone transporting demonstrators - win riders, tax

Posted Images

I have been said by Thai people they are not only disapproving  these demonstrations but also scandalized by the criticisms against royalty
by saying the king is our father, and we cannot criticize him, and given the virulence of the remarks I preferred not to answer anything at all. Apart from shaking my head like I was approving  them 😳

There's another protest planned tonight for the same location as last night.

And on the way home from work tonight on the BTS Sukhumvit Line, my wife said BTS was announcing that they had closed three stations tonight because of the protest -- Chidlom, Siam and Ratchathewi.

The U.S. Embassy also sent out a second email earlier Friday, the same as yesterday, warning folks to stay away from that area:

Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand (October 16, 2020)

Location: Bangkok, Thailand – Ratchaprasong area in the Pathunwan District

Event:  U.S. Embassy Bangkok informs U.S. citizens of a planned political gathering today, October 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm in the area of Ratchaprasong Intersection near the Erawan Shrine and Central World Shopping mall in the Pathumwan district of Bangkok.  U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid this area.

On October 15, 2020 Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha declared a state of emergency for Bangkok.  In this declaration, groups of five or more people are prohibited from gathering. 

Reports indicate the planned political gathering described above could involve a large crowd of participants.  The Royal Thai Police plan to be present and may set up check points in and around the area in connection with the event.  Plan ahead for the possibility of traffic and other potential disruptions in downtown Bangkok.  Additional demonstrations are possible in the coming days.

Although violence is not expected, even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.  Avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.  U.S. citizens should monitor local news and social media reports before traveling to downtown Bangkok this weekend.

Just keep the rhetoric up Government.  Threaten them all with arrest and the "We know who you are" threat and we will prosecute you.  Waiting for the News from the US to come on to see how it is portrayed, or maybe it will be blocked.  The police are trying to disperse tonight's crowd by force. They have picket lines set up and have shields at the ready.  Getting ready to push into the crowd as I write this.  Such a disturbing action on display.  I personally do not think there are enough police to do the job and disperse them from in front of Siam Paragon.

• Like 2