Anyone got into Thailand during the pandemic? Some quick questions.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:58 AM, Dan O said:

You may be reading it wrong. It clearly says the test and a separate fit to fly certificate both within 72 hours of departure. That has been the regulation since the beginning and has never changed: see below from the London Embassy Website:

3. Fit to Fly health certificate, issued within 72 hours before departure – this is a statement by a doctor that you are free from symptoms and fit to fly (must be separate from COVID test)

4. COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure

UK RTE specifically state "result issued within 72 hours of travel". My test was a Friday afternoon for travel on a Monday evening ( greater than 72 hours) but with result issued less than 72 hours before travel. This scenario was the norm on that flight, not the exception, pretty well publicised on the facebook site that we were sharing information on. Some embassies however were strict on testing within 72 hour before departure, so this really isn't a uniformly measured prerequisite and is dependant on the country and embassy that you are utilizing, UK was somewhat lenient.

15 hours ago, TomLavin said:

Once in BKK it was extremely quick, with lots of staff pointing us ASQ-ers the way to go. Now in quarantine - this is where the fun begins...

...please enjoy your 14-day mandatory Buddhist Meditation Retreat, where guests are invited to experience 'monkey mind' and potentially find the root cause of their despair.

"Silent retreat is the opportunity to notice what keeps your attention at the surface, to be honest with yourself about what prevents you from falling into your innermost depth, and to practice surrender of the mind’s safety-seeking strategies while being held in the loving spaciousness of the “container” of the retreat itself."

Brought to you by the new Thailand Immigration Department

• Haha 1
On 10/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, chilli42 said:

Interesting thread ... get another test.  Nobody seems to have an answer.  Why leave it to chance?

So interesting you failed to spot the OP had arranged another test and is now in Thailand?

Although the OP sorted his entry out already, I’d like to add one thing.  I flew Cathay Pacific out of LAX on the 21st. I asked the supervisor for Cathay what the 72 hours meant, and even after reading the rules, she didn’t know if test date or results date.  When prior to leaving I contacted the Thai Consulate in LA and was told the 72 hours was the date of the results, not the test.  As a high strung individual I played it safe and had both test and results within 72 hours.

I had the same issue where my test certificate (sample collected on) was a little bit more than 72 hours but like Tom, I didn't take any chance and pay another 220$ test 48 hours before so both "collected/reported on" were within 48 hours.

The Canadian embassy did asked to forward the lab reports to them prior the departure (for references).

A lady right in front of me at the airport was refused boarding by the airline due to the timing, I couldn't hear too much but better be safe and pay extra.  Peace in mind.

• Like 1

In Zurich (10-17) the discussion was different: your date and time taking the test is more than 72 hours before arrival in Bangkok. We agreed on departure date. Play safe and take the test within 72 hours before scheduled departure time.

Somebody was refused because on the fit-to-fly certicate, issued by a MD, "Fit-to-Fly" was hand written. He will try two weeks later.

Don't take any chances.