History at ปอ5

Hi,

Today I discussed with the son of my wife about his history class, I checked his history book also. My kids are in a private school, we pay around 40 000 per year for each kid, that's not much compare to international school and the level is certainly way inferior but it's still much better than free school. I do not expect a high level and anyway we are moving to France to get a better education given our finance. I'm still surprise to see that they do not learn any important dates or any timeline, the lesson book is quite lite and focused mainly on thai culture. There is a bit of chinese and indian culture but nothing further than this. 

I begin to understand why my wife doesn't know about the different eras in history. I would like to know if anyone else noticed this. I suppose that the more expensive school have a better program.

A few years back, there was a Thai professor, who questioned an aspect of Thai history. It was something to do with a past warrior defeating an army on his own; while riding and elephant. 

He finished up in court, defending his prognosis. I don't know the outcome. Someone might know and inform.

But, it's an example of why Thai history is so sketchy.

Edited by owl sees all

29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A few years back, there was a Thai professor, who questioned an aspect of Thai history. It was something to do with a past warrior defeating an army on his own; while riding and elephant. 

He finished up in court, defending his prognosis. I don't know the outcome. Someone might know and inform.

But, it's an example of why Thai history is so sketchy.

I was expecting a bit of propaganda and nationalistic teaching but it would not hurt their culture to explain the main eras. I bought a history book in Thai few years back, it summarized everything quite well, I just dusted it off and asked our son to read it for 30 minutes.