Two Thais test positive for COVID-19 in Mae Sot

snoop1130

Two Thais test positive for COVID-19 in Mae Sot

2020-10-16.jpg

Two Thais, a husband and wife, have tested positive for COVID-19 in Mae Sot, Tak province.

The couple had been contact with an infected truck driver who had travelled to the province from Myanmar.

The infections are Thailand’s first domestic transmissions in more than one month.

This is a developing news story. This post may be updated without warning.

Source: https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/detail/902995

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-16

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, pjmorton said:

My wife is immune compromised due to chemotherapy. Last week I requested a test after returning from a week of domestic travel and some crowded meetings, just a
precaution... The private hospital I went to was happy to provide one, for 7200 baht. Probably would have been different at a public hospital.

Glad she was able to get one, but then I am sure because of her immune system issues that is why they tested and you were probably insistent that they test.  Tell me if different, and all you did was ask and they tested.  If so I might want to visit that hospital instead of my private hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's just not true for testing anybody that asks to be tested.  I was at BNH Hospital at the end of August for a full day of screening during which I also obtained my Flu shot.  I specifically asked both the primary doctor and then my endocrinologist if I could have a Covid test completed as well.  I was told that unless I exhibited a list of symptoms that a person was required to have then a Covid test could not be completed.  They also indicated that if I was exhibiting the symptoms they require, that I would be tested and then sent to one of the hospitals set up for treating suspected Covid cases.  So do not tell people that anyone can be tested who requests it.

I requested a test in Hua Hin in mid July for work and it was no problem. Paid the bill and received the result 24 hours later. I have had 3 more tests since then in 3 different countries, all results received within 24 hours. Starting to get used to a stick up my nose

13 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

It could be true. They could use COVID as an excuse to stop all the protests that are happening at the moment. I expect more and more cases of local transmission in the coming days. Is it a coincidence or not we will find out shortly.

Yep, 120 Chinese coming in...maybe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

With the protests going on in Bangkok now the Emergency decree implemented 

Now the breaking news of the couple with Covie 19 in Thailand 

Things are definitely not looking good for any arrivals of future tourists or maybe people hoping to return to Thailand for what ever reason 

Plus the business areas in Hua Hin Phuket,  Pattaya and other tourist places this will not be good news 

Looks very likily more lockdowns coming up 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's just not true for testing anybody that asks to be tested.  I was at BNH Hospital at the end of August for a full day of screening during which I also obtained my Flu shot.  I specifically asked both the primary doctor and then my endocrinologist if I could have a Covid test completed as well.  I was told that unless I exhibited a list of symptoms that a person was required to have then a Covid test could not be completed.  They also indicated that if I was exhibiting the symptoms they require, that I would be tested and then sent to one of the hospitals set up for treating suspected Covid cases.  So do not tell people that anyone can be tested who requests it.

Meanwhile, I have requested and been PCR swab tested twice. The first was in late July and the other just last week.

TiT

A truckdriver from Myanmar ???

Why wasn't he in quarantine ??

Why do all farang arriving in Thailand need a Covid-Free certificate from no longer then 72 hours before departing to Thailand but Thai citizens don't ??
Are Thais less likely to be infected or maybe immune by birth ??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

It could be true. They could use COVID as an excuse to stop all the protests that are happening at the moment. I expect more and more cases of local transmission in the coming days. Is it a coincidence or not we will find out shortly.

If they use Covid to stop protests then that must be in the context of large gatherings?

That will encompass many things... or will they just target protests but mass transportation, companies expo's  etc is ok?