Rock Bouncing, Is it a thing in Thailand ?

There's a real live one parked in one of the owner's auto collections at Nong Nuch Gardens, down past Pattaya. Given the owner's deep pockets and penchant for owning the real thing, It's probably a Tim Cameron original.

I haven't seen any in Thailand "in the wild" so to speak but with all that blip-blipping of the gas pedal, I reckon Thailand's truck drivers will excel at this.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's a real live one parked in one of the owner's auto collections at Nong Nuch Gardens, down past Pattaya. Given the owner's deep pockets and penchant for owning the real thing, It's probably a Tim Cameron original.

I haven't seen any in Thailand "in the wild" so to speak but with all that blip-blipping of the gas pedal, I reckon Thailand's truck drivers will excel at this.

Thanks for the heads up, will head there and check it out.

It would be nice if they had there own Rubicon trail here like in California.  Of course then there would many upside down as they do not truly know how to 4wheel drive.

Image result for rubicon trail picsImage result for rubicon trail pics

Edited by ThailandRyan

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be nice if they had there own Rubicon trail here like in California.  Of course then there would many upside down as they do not truly know how to 4wheel drive.

Image result for rubicon trail picsImage result for rubicon trail pics

Yeah not seen anything like the rubicon trail here but have done some extreme off roading with a few Thai friends, was ok but not something I'd be keen to get into.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Where did I say I was going to rip up national parks ?

Mate it was a genuine question. I do not know of any trails for these kind of vehicles in Thailand.

We have them in the UK and I'm sure they have them in most western countries but over here?

35 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

where are you going to use it?

Dont think the Thais will take kindly to ripping up their land or national parks.

Why not, those videos have been approved by Greenpeace, Greta Thunberg and AOC and the Squad.:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Mate it was a genuine question. I do not know of any trails for these kind of vehicles in Thailand.

We have them in the UK and I'm sure they have them in most western countries but over here?

Fair enough then.

the wife's brother owns 400 Rai farm out near Loei thats got some rough hilly terrain thats unusable and is begging to be torn up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Wow, you built this on your own?

Looks like NOT a simple thing to build!

Mind if I ask how much something like this is, all in?

no not yet.

I can build something similar in my home workshop but many components would need to be imported but I think I can  keep the finished cost under 3 million if I use a locally source toyota V8 and transmission as cores.

Edited by Techno Viking

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why don,t they just get out and walk ? Must be quicker !

You missed the point.  It is the thrill of taking your time and rock climbing with your rig to make it to the top.  There are stretches where you have spotters assisting you in placement so you don't have an oops and end up upside down, but then some do....lol.  You pick it up roll it Over and try again with a few dents and such.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Wow, $90,000 US.

Quite the toy!

Good on you!

estimate only, 3 million is very conservative.

In the USA that 3 million would get a rolling chassis with probably another 3 million needed for the drivetrain but I would do as much local as I could and would obviously not be looking at a full comp spec USA bouncer.

First vid with Tim Cameron filmed in 2011.... would be little change from 200k (USD) in that rig.

Edited by Techno Viking