Dog Protects Little Girl Being Yelled at By Mom

Good boi doing good: Harry, a 5-year-old golden retriever, was captured on film shielding a crying girl being scolded by her mother in Xuzhou. 

The video also showed the retriever snarling to keep 2-year-old You You in a “safe” distance from the mom, Mrs. Sun.

Sun, who filmed the video on Friday, says her daughter grew up with Harry around, resulting in a deep bond between them. 

She added that she found the incident “funny and infuriating” at the same time as the dog shielded her daughter with his paws. 

Sun explained that You You had torn up the packaging of a recently purchased facial cream and started playing with its contents, MailOnline reports.

I was honestly really upset. I’d just bought the cream and half of it was already gone,” Sun was quoted as saying.

“My baby started crying because I was shouting at her quite aggressively.

Harry’s immediate reaction, which was to protect the child from her mom’s impending wrath, delighted Sun. 

The dog even tried to comfort the young girl by resting his head on her shoulder.

Sun revealed that Harry has always been protective of You You, noting that he will often shield the little girl when they speak to her in a harsh manner.

FULL ARTICLE

• Haha 2

Dogs react more to the sound of a voice than to the words .

Aggression in a voice provokes to kinds of reactions , fear or aggression ...

It depends on the dog ...

This place is getting like the Daily Mail with it's 'heartwarming' doggie stories, what next 'stomach churning' stories about tape worms 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

At first glance this is cute. But it is clear from the video that the mum baits and strikes the dog to get the desired response. The dog has been trained. The 'desired response' in this case is to attract attention on mum's social media.

This story should be taken down, not promoted.

Agreed !!

What a set up !

Come on Thaivisa , you can do better than this stuff, getting worse than Facebook !!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Come on Thaivisa , you can do better than this stuff, getting worse than Facebook !!

I thought that's where they get their stories, as it is where I usually see them 2 weeks prior to showing up here

46 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

At first glance this is cute. But it is clear from the video that the mum baits and strikes the dog to get the desired response. The dog has been trained. The 'desired response' in this case is to attract attention on mum's social media.

This story should be taken down, not promoted.

Agreed on all counts.....mum can be seen goading the dog through slaps to its face several times.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Reminds me of my dog, unfortunately since passed away. A Belgian Shepherd Malinois, she would have given her life to protect me. One time a 70kg guy "wandered by accident" into the house - my 22kg dog took a run at him and knocked him to the ground.

Once I was enjoying a coffee outside a place with my dog under the table when a woman came out and asked me aggressively to move my car - I politely told her that I did not bring my car that day. My dog emerged from under the table and growled at her - she was on a leash. Then I was told more aggressively to keep my dog under control. I replied that my dog was protecting me and was reacting to the aggression in her voice.

My dog isn't normally aggressive, but very intuitive to my feelings to other people, hates feet directed at her, snapped at Immigrations feet as they got in their car to leave oh my what a shame :cheesy::cheesy: