Teacher knifed to death in France after showing class cartoons of Prophet Mohammad

rooster59

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Yet again, as whenever one of these atrocities occur, the same people cannot, nay refuse, to distinguish between Islamist terrorism and Islam, between Muslim terrorists and ordinary Muslims.

Muslims in France condemn teacher’s killing near Paris

Saudi Arabia leads Arab and Muslim world in condemning terrorist murder of French teacher

Egypt’s Mufti Condemns Killing of French Teacher For Prophet Muhammed Caricatures

The question is; why aren't western media reporting this?

How did the teacher meet his killer? 

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

I had a whiskey-drinking Muslim next to me when we were 11,000 feet up in the air.

I was politely asking if his faith wouldn't forbid to drink.

His answer was breathtaking. 

" Allah can't see me drinking when I'm so high up in the sky." That's correct, innit?

You may not learn about this from the media, but there is no dearth of sardonic humor among Islamic people.  Of course, one must be very discrete about it.

I used to work with this fellow who was an Indian Muslim, when independence came he became Pakistani.  His favorite quip (well, he told it to me often enough) was that he could not eat pig because it was the holy animal for Muslims: you know, like the cow is holy to Hindus.  Also, he was a drunk, which was somewhat sad.

"The Christians are so close to God they can whisper their prayers, sometime even call him 'father'.  We Muslims need loudspeakers."

Believe it or not I got that one from a Malaysian newspaper.

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Thousands of Islamic terrorist attacks even since 9/11 and on a daily basis and you have to try and deflect from this extreme danger to the world by claiming Christian terrorism exists. <SNIP>

Read my post again, there was no deflection, As Islamist terrorism is primarily focussed on other Muslims, curious why you care as you repeatedly vilify all Muslims or are you only concerned when Westerners are murdered. I have removed your asinine question.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Read my post again, there was no deflection, As Islamist terrorism is primarily focussed on other Muslims, curious why you care as you repeatedly vilify all Muslims or are you only concerned when Westerners are murdered. I have removed your asinine personal and Off Topic question.

In his course about free speech,  the teacher has shown cartoons of ALL RELIGIONS;

The teacher has been beheaded by someone who lived  over 100km away.......

The daughter of the man who called his fellow believers to protest and designated the teacher- in a video- didn't belong to the teacher's class  

The Great Pantin Mosque supported the call to protest and remove the teacher

what's wrong?  

Food for your thoughts. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

In his course about free speech,  the teacher has shown cartoons of ALL RELIGIONS;

Food for your thoughts. 

Nothing for me to further consider based on the above. I have not, nor have ever expressed support for any violent ideological extremism. What about you? I guess you support modern day French right of centre ideology (based upon the undertone of your posts) which incorporate elements of violence and acts contrary to the Rule of Law. Please forgive me if I'm incorrect.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Nothing for me to further consider based on the above. I have not, nor have ever expressed support for any violent ideological extremism. What about you? I guess you support modern day French right of centre ideology (based upon the undertone of your posts) which incorporate elements of violence and acts contrary to the Rule of Law. Please forgive me if I'm incorrect.

So in short: you condemn the killing  ("any violent ideological extremism")  

But we are in France:

- a non Muslim country

- a Republic where Religion is separated from State

- where Religion is a private matter

- with: Free speech and No Blasphemy Law 

And what this killing is:  purely and simply the application of the Sharia Law

What I do condemn is the long chain of reactions (that you wouldn't define as "any violent ideological extremismé) - that caused and led to this teacher's beheading .

I condemn the arm holding the sword - not the sword.

Edited by Opl

26 minutes ago, Opl said:

So in short: you condemn the killing  ("any violent ideological extremism")  

But we are in France:

- a non Muslim country

And what this killing is:  purely and simply the application of the Sharia Law

What I do condemn is the long chain of reactions (that you wouldn't define as "any violent ideological extremismé) - that caused and led to this teacher's beheading .

I condemn the arm holding the sword - not the sword.

I would assume any instruction to kill in this case, if any, came from an Islamist source; assume police investigation will uncover any organised attack.

In the Quran, there is "no statement from the prophet requesting his image not be recorded," Abdul-Malik told CNN.

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/04/living/islam-prophet-images/index.html

In any case you likely know there are countless hadiths / interpretations of the Koran. So far as I've read don't recall anyone on this forum condoning / supporting the murder. Accordingly enough of our 'debate' in this topic, rather constant repetition, for me going nowhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

In the Quran, there is "no statement from the prophet requesting his image not be recorded," Abdul-Malik told CNN.

However, there are statements in the hadith banning all imagery of living things, for example, from one of the most "reliable" hadith authors.  Sunni Muslims are very strict about this; Shiites less so recently.

We were with Masruq at the house of Yasar bin Numair. Masruq saw pictures on his terrace and said, "I heard 'Abdullah saying that he heard the Prophet saying, "The people who will receive the severest punishment from Allah will be the picture makers.' "

Sahih al-Bukhari 7:834

It's also not necessary for something to be in the Koran for it to be widely accepted by Muslims as religious duty.  For example, khitan (male circumcision) is not mentioned in the Koran, nor is female genital mutilation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I would assume any instruction to kill in this case, if any, came from an Islamist source; assume police investigation will uncover any organised attack.

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/04/living/islam-prophet-images/index.html

In any case you likely know there are countless hadiths / interpretations of the Koran. So far as I've read don't recall anyone on this forum condoning / supporting the murder. Accordingly enough of our 'debate' in this topic, rather constant repetition, for me going nowhere.

The topic isn't about Koran's interpretations. 

The topic is about French values and critical thinking.

The topic is about what is toxic to our Nation when Teaching becomes a dangerous sport.

Edited by Opl
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Opl said:

The topic isn't about Koran's interpretations. 

Fooled me as you you referred to Sharia law in your post, which is based upon interpretation of the Koran. Broke my promise not to respond again in this topic - apologies - will not do again.

Currently listening to 'Blues Saraceno', if you enjoy the Blues check it out - have a good day.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Fooled me as you you referred to Sharia law in your post, which is based upon interpretation of the Koran. Broke my promise not to respond again in this topic - apologies - will not do again.

Currently listening to 'Blues Saraceno', if you enjoy the Blues check it out - have a good day.

thanks for your condolences

image.png.7f25050b42d30bc7c34616f3e995427c.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Opl said:

But we are in France:

- a non Muslim country

Yes, the France that's built on "Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

...and became the first EU nation to ban religious face coverings.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, Darksidedude said:

Why do muslims get so upset over this well upset so they kill people isn't that against any religion to kill someone, people have the right to express how they feel about anything you see all types of religions get mocked what's so different about the Prophet Mohammed

Old Testament God into genocide.

Bigly.

33 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Ah... but not THAT religion.

the citizen being free to believe whatever he or she likes all religious expression must be kept out of the public sphere  (schools, hospitals, workplaces, official buildings, post office, shopping malls, etc, etc...)

If you impose to my kid going to school a teacher or any staff with religious face covering, it's not permitted by law.

It's as simple as that.

https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A2903663

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

The problem with Islam is that Christians and Muslims can't live together without confrontations. 

The best example might be Germany. Not many want to learn the language; it's more about the money.

I had a whiskey-drinking Muslim next to me when we were 11,000 feet up in the air.

I was politely asking if his faith wouldn't forbid to drink.

His answer was breathtaking. 

" Allah can't see me drinking when I'm so high up in the sky." That's correct, innit?

All I get from that “story” is someone rather politely telling you to **** off and mind your own business. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, the France that's built on "Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

...and became the first EU nation to ban religious face coverings.

... because forcing a woman to shroud herself in a black sheet severely impinges upon liberty, equality and fraternity.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oxx said:

... because forcing a woman to shroud herself in a black sheet severely impinges upon liberty, equality and fraternity.

... because forcing a woman NOT to shroud herself in a black sheet severely impinges upon HER liberty, equality and fraternity.

This is SO much fun, eh?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:
17 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Makes them smell bad on a hot day too. Barf.

In France with all those French people, who notices the body odor?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

... because forcing a woman NOT to shroud herself in a black sheet severely impinges upon HER liberty, equality and fraternity.

This is SO much fun, eh?

- because if in France a man forces his wife to live like she'd be obliged to in S.A, she can refuse and tell him it's not legal - isn't that great?  

(our government also prepares a ban on virginity certificates) 

BaTaTa on | Dessin de presse, Charlie hebdo, Liberté de parole

Edited by Opl

43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This is SO much fun, eh?

If being shrouded in black is so great, why don't Muslim men do it?

The reality is that Muslim women are indoctrinated from birth and are, throughout their lives, the property of a man who can impose his will upon her.  The French try to give Muslimas a freedom that should be their birthright - a fundamental human right - but which is completely unavailable to them under Sharia.

The number of such women who would genuinely, as a free choice, free from indoctrination and repression, want to be shrouded like this in Islam is probably similar to the number of Christian nuns who dress similarly in the West, i.e. virtually nobody.

I'm really not going to comment much....EXCEPT...

before you criticize another country, worry about your own.  i've seen this sooo much from farangs in Thailand.  oh, every country is the worst....except their own.  yea, ok.  every country has massive problems.  let's worry about our own country first.  i'm sure many people bash France as they simply forget about what's happening back "home." 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I'm really not going to comment much....EXCEPT...

before you criticize another country, worry about your own.  i've seen this sooo much from farangs in Thailand.  oh, every country is the worst....except their own.  yea, ok.  every country has massive problems.  let's worry about our own country first.  i'm sure many people bash France as they simply forget about what's happening back "home." 

Most French bashing come from people living in France, too

Edited by Opl