Teacher knifed to death in France after showing class cartoons of Prophet Mohammad

7 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I guess the curriculum will be altered..

Not so, based upon Macron's response to the murder

EDIT:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/17/we-will-still-teach-difficult-subjects-french-teachers-defiant-after-of-colleague

Edited by simple1
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see this has been reported, rather than swept under the carpet 

Multiculturalism is a disaster. Globalists are pushing this agenda all over the world.

Remember….we must learn to use the correct terminology.   This wasn’t an outrageous, obscene, cold-blooded, deranged, psychotic murder….it was an emblematic example of vibrant cultural diver

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

so bringing in cartoons which deeply offend some folks are going to be part of regular lessons? hope they have lots of substitute teachers..

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Sad 1

NANLAEW    POST 204

Yes, I like this freedom to be able to choose my friends whether they drink a beer or not.
But maybe I have reasons - which do not concern you - for avoiding having friends like Arabs, blacks, Muslims.
That doesn't prevent me from greeting them, from being polite, if the opportunity arises.
But my kindness stops there.
You have expressed yourself, it is your right, but in a harsh manner, but whatever, I accept your freedom of opinion which is still a precious right.
Know how to take advantage of it.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Curriculum has already changed under Macron- teaching Arabic in Schools, what could possibly go wrong, it's just pandering to the jihadists. The cartoons should be put up in every school instead, why should we not be free to poke fun at a 7th cent illiterate caravan robber, slave owner and child abuser without fear of being murdered?

• Like 2
Just now, Orton Rd said:

They were told they could leave if they were going to be offended, but they would probably have found something else to be offended about- the food being non halal, not enough Islamic book in the library, boys being allowed in the same classes or girls being educated at all! Education should not be cowed by 7th century barbarism, France is a secular country.

so, you're saying that yes, they are going to show these images as part as their regular curriculum?

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Curriculum has already changed under Macron- teaching Arabic in Schools, what could possibly go wrong, it's just pandering to the jihadists. The cartoons should be put up in every school instead, why should we not be free to poke fun at a 7th cent illiterate caravan robber, slave owner and child abuser without fear of being murdered?

OMG! Next thing you know, they'll be teaching Cymraeg in schools in Wales.

Oh, wait...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

They were told they could leave if they were going to be offended, but they would probably have found something else to be offended about- the food being non halal, not enough Islamic book in the library, boys being allowed in the same classes or girls being educated at all! Education should not be cowed by 7th century barbarism, France is a secular country.

So is Turkey.

And Malaysia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Curriculum has already changed under Macron<SNIP>

Specifically what changes have been made to the French Education curriculum concerning Freedom of Speech / Freedom of Expression?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Good point, and Buddhists don't go around killing people who use Buddhist art for decoration.

But  still deem it a  crime

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Let me see here...

addins.jpg.0c9615b789ae6deaea6dbfd052d6b94c.jpg

Disconnect: (shhh... we can't talk about that one here) but my browser can see for miles and miles.

Browsec: A VPN currently turned off. Inactive.

Firefox Account: Everyone has one. However, mine isn't configured like they want where I would need to login each time so my tracked history and likes are saved across any machine or platform. It's bad enough that Google does this already.

Adblock Plus: Blocks ads. Can't see anything in their product information claiming to "stop harmful content" beyond pop-ups and malware. Definitely NOTHING about it somehow manipulating my browser because "I only want to see what my friends like to see".

Dark Reader: Simply switches background and text color palettes on web pages, same as dark mode on smart phones. Nothing suppressed.

ExpressVPN: Another VPN, also currently turned off. Inactive.

Simple Translate: What it says on the tin, word or whole page. Nothing spooky.

Don't give up your day job.

ok... I confess I didn't check all your icons in detail, I just saw the one similar to a stop sign.

BTW, I don't use any plugins in my Firefox, and I don't use a Firefox account either.

but it still doesn't explain why your browser doesn't trust the let's encrypt certificate that website uses.

• Sad 1