Teacher knifed to death in France after showing class cartoons of Prophet Mohammad

rooster59

2 minutes ago, bodga said:

They should  take out a  full page ad with cartoons of mohammed every day for the next year in all publications, do the same at the schools too.

I used to be a member of a news group that had a draw Mohamed day there were some good ones I wished I had of kept them 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alien365 said:

As usual, the actions of the extreme Islamists ends up causing more damage to the religion and it's people. I understand Muslims get upset when they see images of Muhammad but Buddhists also get upset seeing Buddha being used for decoration. It's the response from the extreme elements that is worrying.

I don't have any problem with the vast majority of Muslims. I have close Muslims friends who have integrated to western society. They have not been happy with any of the terrorist attacks either. 

finally a post i can relate to,Islam is a misunderstood religion.Misunderstood by extremist!

I know some very religious Muslims and they hate violence and murder.

It is never the Imams that blow up themselves or kill people,they let brainwashed mostly younger

people do it.

The only way to deal with problems like this is from the inside out and sooner or later that will happen.

I know the damage religious zealots can do and it is not pretty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Errrmm and how many people have been killed for planting two different crops in one field ? 

I do not know but i know a lot of people(women)have been killed for being a witch.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Untrue.

So where do the jihadists get their motivation from then if not from the Quran and the conduct of the prophet, the readers digest perhaps? They always shout Allah is the greatest as they commence the butchery, as did this terrorist in France.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

What we don't see is a clearly condemnation.

I am not aware of any public manifestation of Muslims against the atrocities committed by some of their like.

Silence means consent ?

I worked amongs muslims for many years ,there is not one i would trust ,one who i worked with very closely once told me and i quote"you can never trust a muslim as you are not one of us" then he laughed and did business with me.

years later he swindled my partner and me, a few years later when the housing crash occured in the UK ,we got our own back ,

yes chomper i was sad as well but what else can you expect from them?

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

So where do the jihadists get their motivation from then if not from the Quran and the conduct of the prophet, the readers digest perhaps? They always shout Allah is the greatest as they commence the butchery, as did this terrorist in France.

Fundamentalists of any description are not representative of the majority of persons within group. 

Jonestown was fundamentalists not any religion as as was WACO, although with some claiming christian affiliation.  OPUS Di is not representative of catholicism 

How much have you actually read formally regarding the Prophet and his experiences and teachings? 

The Prophet Muhammad by Barnaby Rogerson could be a beginning of you are interested 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oxx said:

There have been at least 37,921 lethal Islamic attacks since 9/11 - just under 7,000 days.  That's roughly 5 1/2 per day.  So, you're right, it's not occurring daily:  it's occurring multiple times every day.

Who's a good boy and keeping count then?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:
12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Who's a good boy and keeping count then?

a popular website does the work, good on them

No citation given, no credit awarded.

Personally, I can make up numbers till the cows come home.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sirocco said:

Are you kidding, PETROGAZ POST 46
you don't have to know the mentality of Africans.
If they come alone or with children, the first thing they will do is get together with African men and have babies, free of charge, because they will be supported by the government and the many associations.

I take it the term, "Some of my best friends are black" has never slipped casually from your vexed lips.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Following the course, parents of students protested at the school, and one of them even filed a police complaint against the teacher.

Among these parents of students, one posted an accusing video on social networks, disseminating a fairly biased version of the facts, as transmitted by his daughter and still quite distorted by his own understanding (he obviously listened to only one version of the facts, there are others quite different).

The teacher was completely supported by his hierarchy, who accompanied him to file a defamation complaint.

Complaint against complaint. But in truth, the complaint of the student's parent would have been dismissed, since the teacher was following the program. As for that of the teacher, it clearly indicated that he understood that he was at least partially in danger, because he was publicly accused and thrown into popular vindictiveness

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Opl said:

Following the course, parents of students protested at the school, and one of them even filed a police complaint against the teacher.

Among these parents of students, one posted an accusing video on social networks, disseminating a fairly biased version of the facts, as transmitted by his daughter and still quite distorted by his own understanding (he obviously listened to only one version of the facts, there are others quite different).

The teacher was completely supported by his hierarchy, who accompanied him to file a defamation complaint.

Complaint against complaint. But in truth, the complaint of the student's parent would have been dismissed, since the teacher was following the program. As for that of the teacher, it clearly indicated that he understood that he was at least partially in danger, because he was publicly accused and thrown into popular vindictiveness

at least the death of the teacher might not have been totally in vain, hopefully it will open the eyes of hundreds of young French Muslims and turn them away from islamism.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Fundamentalists of any description are not representative of the majority of persons within group. 

Jonestown was fundamentalists not any religion as as was WACO, although with some claiming christian affiliation.  OPUS Di is not representative of catholicism 

How much have you actually read formally regarding the Prophet and his experiences and teachings? 

The Prophet Muhammad by Barnaby Rogerson could be a beginning of you are interested 

But they do represent the ideology that motivates their crimes, the majority are irrelevant. I have read plenty on the life of the so called prophet who is quoted in the Hadith of Bukhari (4.52.220) when asked how he became victorious- 'I have been made victorious with terror'  there you have the problem the perfect man stating the way to win is terror. Of course the apologists have plenty of excuses- out of context, written a long time after the prophet died, have to read it in Arabic etc etc.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Opl said:

74% of French Muslims under 25 say they put Islam before the Republic. In addition, 45% of French Muslims under 25 think that "Islam is incompatible with the values of French society,
Friday mosque attendance for 18-24 year olds has almost doubled in ten years: from 23% in 2011 to 40% in 2019.

depressing figures ????

source?

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

c'est pas un problème, don't think it's a problem, since IFOP is an official and well-known polling institute.

it's a pb because it's in French and not in English, according to TVF RULES

Edited by Opl

13 minutes ago, Opl said:

September 2020 polls - (no link in English)

74% of French Muslims under 25 say they put Islam before the Republic. In addition, 45% of French Muslims under 25 think that "Islam is incompatible with the values of French society,
Friday mosque attendance for 18-24 year olds has almost doubled in ten years: from 23% in 2011 to 40% in 2019.

If you ask most people who have a strong belief in their chosen faith whether they put their faith or the state first and they will say their faith.

If you asked me whether I put my politics above the state, I will say yes every time, and the same goes for environmental issues and other issues of equality and intolerance.

Does that mean I would take arms against my state or kill people in the name of any of the causes I list above, no it does not.

Edited by Bluespunk
Speech to text typos
  • Confused 1