Teacher knifed to death in France after showing class cartoons of Prophet Mohammad

rooster59

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Shaking in my boots here in beautiful Noosa. 

No change to the intent of your post i.e. quoting an ISIS propaganda outlet to try and create fear. BTW believe you will find links to an article, other than in English, are not permitted on TVF. 

Your question: challenged by facts? 

Not at all, just giving you a heads up on advise provided by Western security agencies; you wish to ignore, so be it.

you clearly missed the point of opl's post and also make up imaginary forum rules out of thin air.

opl translated a short, relevant quote from the renown and highly credible centrist newspaper "Le Monde", linking to the original article.

there is nothing in the forum rules banning links to pages in other languages:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

and in this case, the link serves as proof for the quote, so it's necessary

Edited by tgw
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And those Christians and whatnot among us that can freely come to Thailand for a "better way of living"? How bizarre is that?

There is absolutely no comparison. This has to be a contender for the most ridiculous post of the year

And why are you here Mr "England, I want My Country Back" and not back home, getting it back from wherever you think it has gone?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

you clearly missed the point of opl's post and also make up imaginary forum rules out of thin air.

opl translated a short, relevant quote from the renown and highly credible centrist newspaper "Le Monde", linking to the original article.

there is nothing in the forum rules banning links to pages in other languages:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

and in this case, the link serves as proof for the quote, so it's necessary

You may be correct, but I clearly recall Mod/s removing foreign language media links.

Agree le Monde has an excellent reputation, though I do believe there is an ongoing debate whether MSM should provide such content such as the source of enemy propaganda inciting violence - personally I don't believe so, others will disagree.

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Good idea to change your web security app / settings?

actually, looking at the security warning screenshot, I see a handful of icons belonging to various plugins that claim to "stop harmful content" based on website reputation, in other words "I only want to see what my friends like to see".

My guess is that the site in question was flagged as "unsafe" for political reasons, possibly by automated browser clients. It's a way to artificially and unfairly reduce a website's reach/audience.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Well color me purple and call me Barney!!!

well, for some reason your browser does not trust the certificate from let's encrypt. maybe you told it not to?

Edited by tgw

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You may be correct, but I clearly recall Mod/s removing foreign language media links.

well, it happened.

it seems you are the expert in "unwritten TVF rules"

Edited by tgw

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Agree le Monde has an excellent reputation, though I do believe there is an ongoing debate whether MSM should provide such content such as the source of enemy propaganda inciting violence - personally I don't believe so, others will disagree.

when a translated quote from Le Monde gets deleted, I see no point in debating further.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I guess the curriculum will be altered..

Not so, based upon Macron's response to the murder

EDIT:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/17/we-will-still-teach-difficult-subjects-french-teachers-defiant-after-of-colleague

Edited by simple1

NANLAEW    POST 204

Yes, I like this freedom to be able to choose my friends whether they drink a beer or not.
But maybe I have reasons - which do not concern you - for avoiding having friends like Arabs, blacks, Muslims.
That doesn't prevent me from greeting them, from being polite, if the opportunity arises.
But my kindness stops there.
You have expressed yourself, it is your right, but in a harsh manner, but whatever, I accept your freedom of opinion which is still a precious right.
Know how to take advantage of it.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Not so, based upon Macron's response to the murder

Curriculum has already changed under Macron- teaching Arabic in Schools, what could possibly go wrong, it's just pandering to the jihadists. The cartoons should be put up in every school instead, why should we not be free to poke fun at a 7th cent illiterate caravan robber, slave owner and child abuser without fear of being murdered?

• Like 2

Just now, Orton Rd said:

They were told they could leave if they were going to be offended, but they would probably have found something else to be offended about- the food being non halal, not enough Islamic book in the library, boys being allowed in the same classes or girls being educated at all! Education should not be cowed by 7th century barbarism, France is a secular country.

so, you're saying that yes, they are going to show these images as part as their regular curriculum?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Curriculum has already changed under Macron- teaching Arabic in Schools, what could possibly go wrong, it's just pandering to the jihadists. The cartoons should be put up in every school instead, why should we not be free to poke fun at a 7th cent illiterate caravan robber, slave owner and child abuser without fear of being murdered?

OMG! Next thing you know, they'll be teaching Cymraeg in schools in Wales.

Oh, wait...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

They were told they could leave if they were going to be offended, but they would probably have found something else to be offended about- the food being non halal, not enough Islamic book in the library, boys being allowed in the same classes or girls being educated at all! Education should not be cowed by 7th century barbarism, France is a secular country.

So is Turkey.

And Malaysia.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Curriculum has already changed under Macron<SNIP>

Specifically what changes have been made to the French Education curriculum concerning Freedom of Speech / Freedom of Expression?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Let me see here...

addins.jpg.0c9615b789ae6deaea6dbfd052d6b94c.jpg

Disconnect: (shhh... we can't talk about that one here) but my browser can see for miles and miles.

Browsec: A VPN currently turned off. Inactive.

Firefox Account: Everyone has one. However, mine isn't configured like they want where I would need to login each time so my tracked history and likes are saved across any machine or platform. It's bad enough that Google does this already.

Adblock Plus: Blocks ads. Can't see anything in their product information claiming to "stop harmful content" beyond pop-ups and malware. Definitely NOTHING about it somehow manipulating my browser because "I only want to see what my friends like to see".

Dark Reader: Simply switches background and text color palettes on web pages, same as dark mode on smart phones. Nothing suppressed.

ExpressVPN: Another VPN, also currently turned off. Inactive.

Simple Translate: What it says on the tin, word or whole page. Nothing spooky.

Don't give up your day job.

ok... I confess I didn't check all your icons in detail, I just saw the one similar to a stop sign.

BTW, I don't use any plugins in my Firefox, and I don't use a Firefox account either.

but it still doesn't explain why your browser doesn't trust the let's encrypt certificate that website uses.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

yes to Welsh people ,not to a bunch of people who do not integrate and cannot live by the rules of the country they live in ,best they leave and go to a Muslim country ,oh i forgot ,they dont want them and will not let them in .

As far as i know schools in all countries teach other languages. I know in malaysia they do bahasa, mandarin and english. 

My gf just finished her phd in malaysia, they did not allow her to complete it in her own bahasa language but only done in english.

Most do integrate and live by the rules.