Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Come on, it will be like watching two ferrets in a sandbag!

Talking about ferrets in a handbag ? ...…🤔 seeing the Conservatives as best example …..even Brexit is born out of it …. and Cameron disappeared ! …. then May !…. Boris came ! ….and one by one ministers , high lawyers , and leading civil servants resigned or disappeared to backstage ….. yeah they are for sure  the " ferrets fights masters "😂

Edited by david555
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it seems like no one is caring about what Mr, Johnson is saying, which at least show some intelligence somewhere in the leadership of Britain.

This is a total moron, that do not understand that he can not go against his peoples wishes. I guess the common citizen of the UK is going to have to change much of their daily life, just because ne person have a bad brain.

Ridiculous comment.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Problem with that is we weren't allowed to do anything for 3 years. Now why was that?

It's more about preparing rather than doing.  No point in "doing" anything until we know what trade deal is being agreed.   Of course we are now approaching the end and Johnson is still faffing about, unable to agree a deal or pull out and leave with no deal.

We are all sick to death of Brexit and quite honestly we may be better to just leave with no deal.  At least that way we won't be squirming like we are at the moment.  Personally it doesn't matter that much to me anymore.  I moved my business to the Netherlands some time ago and I am near to retiring to Spain so I won't have a dog in the race anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The UK politicians never wanted to leave, they're all globalists

Leaving was something they had to do to retain their parliamentary seats, dragging their heels all the way.

How much thought do you put into actions you have no intention of ever doing?

So UK as a low tax hub of free trade agreements worldwide would less globalist? Come on!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You must look very old if you beat them all. But I guess you haven’t been part of any of it. 

Love the comment that we beat the Romans.  We were occupied by the Romans who dragged us out of the dark ages and gave us some of the best roads in the world.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Problem with that is we weren't allowed to do anything for 3 years. Now why was that?

The UK was not allowed to conduct 'formal' trade negotiations with non-EU states before 1/2/20. There was nothing  to stop us preparing our infrastructure and bureaucracy for leaving the EU. It's a choice that was made by successive Tory governments.

Fair play to Johnson. He did say "B****r business'. At least in this regard, he's being true to his word.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Love the comment that we beat the Romans.  We were occupied by the Romans who dragged us out of the dark ages and gave us some of the best roads in the world.

Really, they had tarmac back then....?  🤔

There's me thinking Roman roads were just cobbled tracks...

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RayC said:

The UK was not allowed to conduct 'formal' trade negotiations with non-EU states before 1/2/20. There was nothing  to stop us preparing our infrastructure and bureaucracy for leaving the EU. It's a choice that was made by successive Tory governments.

Fair play to Johnson. He did say "B****r business'. At least in this regard, he's being true to his word.

To be fair, we have done some preparation.  What about the enormous lorry park in Kent to deal with the backlog of trucks trying to get across the channel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1