Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Name one.

You can't; because the ECJ has no jurisdiction over a member state's criminal law and courts.

"The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) interprets EU law to make sure it is applied in the same way in all EU countries, and settles legal disputes between national governments and EU institutions.

It can also, in certain circumstances, be used by individuals, companies or organisations to take action against an EU institution, if they feel it has somehow infringed their rights." (Source)

BS - the EUC of human rights overturned many a UK court decision - do you really know nothing?

Stop asking for proof, I'm not your nanny, look it up yourself if you dispute my statements, because I'm certainly not going to just to satisfy your intransigence, and refusal to accept the truth.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The interest on the national debt will be greater as a result of brexit by more than EU contributions, the government are very reluctant to say what brexit has already cost the nation.

Do you have any source for this? Or is it just a guess?

Because as far as I know, there are no figures available on the financial cost or financial gains of Brexit, since we haven't even left the withdrawal period yet. How can anyone know the cost of something that hasn't happened yet (yes I know we have officially left but the process of leaving, changing processes, signing all of the new trade deals etc. is not yet complete). A true assessment of the costs or gains could be made in around 10 years from now. Right now we are investing in ourselves, and the benefits will be seen later down the line.

It's like setting up a shop, spending all that money on stock, training, decorating, licencing etc. and then at the end of the first day's trading you declare the project a failure because you have spent a million Baht and only sold 50,000 Baht worth of goods. Patience Dragonfly, the benefits won't all be seen on January 1st 2021.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

yet again providing  the evidence which proves you wrong and asking you the same questions you have again refused to answer.

Go on - be a sport. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what evidence you have to disprove my statements.

Oh, of course, there isn't any......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

OK then why did he sign it and indeed tout it as being HIS oven ready deal?

So predictable. 🥱

I know this post has gone on a long time, but have you forgotten I told you before, to get the process off the starting block, and get the UK out of the EU clutches which I think you must admit, he has done.

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

How can anyone trust a government which signs an international treaty and then a few months later declares that it's going to ignore it?

Lots of countries out there signing trade deals and fisheries agreements that dispels your opinion. 🤣

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Tofer said:

So predictable. 🥱

I know this post has gone on a long time, but have you forgotten I told you before, to get the process off the starting block, and get the UK out of the EU clutches which I think you must admit, he has done.

You Brexiteers love to brag that he has an 80 majority. He could have changed whatever he wanted. 

He only realised later that he couldnt put a border down the Irish sea.

Do you know why he cant put a border down the Irish sea?

• Like 1
On 11/26/2020 at 12:40 PM, david555 said:

I chose the last option 😉...., U.K. option looks not to good as i read & hear Sumak  announcement ..waw ! record spending in peace time in 300 years...

It's called a covid recovery fund, and at least we've got one, unlike the EU who cannot agree their budget / recovery funding. 

But, of course, the EU has a solution to the problem of Hungary and Poland vetoing the budget, just refuse them the right to vote - very democratic...

• Like 2