Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Tofer said:

Ah, but they are UK trade deals now, independent of the EU's protectionist levies and taxes.

As they are merely transfers of EU trade deals then any levies and taxes contained therein are still extant.

But tell us, what are/were these EU protectionist levies and taxes?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tofer said:

Go on - be a sport. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what evidence you have to disprove my statements.

Oh, of course, there isn't any......

I refer you to the answers previously given to you.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tofer said:

So predictable. 🥱

I know this post has gone on a long time, but have you forgotten I told you before, to get the process off the starting block, and get the UK out of the EU clutches which I think you must admit, he has done.

With his 80 seat majority why was it necessary for him to lie to Parliament and the electorate?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

( In case no one knows this fact  yet ..... the great leader has an admission to make apparently .....😊 )

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-eu-sturgeon-b1762626.html

Brexit news - live: Boris Johnson admits ‘substantial differences’ remain as EU warns time is running out
Follow the latest updates from the government

Conrad Duncan
@theconradduncan 12 minutes ago

Boris Johnson has admitted that “substantial differences” remain in trade talks over a post-Brexit deal with the EU as the two negotiating teams prepare to resume discussions in London this weekend.

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, reportedly told a closed-door meeting for national diplomats in the bloc on Friday that he was not able to say yet whether a trade deal with the UK would be ready in time for the end of the year.

The talks between the UK and the EU have been stalled for months over the issues of fishing rights, the governance of any deal and the “level playing field” conditions aimed at preventing unfair competition between the two sides.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Dont talk to me about democracy. Remainers tried for 3 years to overturn that referendum result. 

The job of MPs is not to reverse the biggest democratic vote in the history of their country. Remainer MPs getting voted in on a Tory Leave manifesto then changing parties or forming a new party to overturn the result mid term. Dont make me laugh. It was a disgrace and anyone who supported it should hang their heads and accept they are anti Democrats.

And boris soon sorted out all those traitor rebel remainer mps after the peoples vote.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Which other country did the EU demand unfettered access to their fishing waters as part of an FTA?

Simple question. Answer it.

Then I'll give you the next example.

I wouldn't  hold your breath Jonny.

• Like 2