Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Thanks for the link but I cannot find anywhere the quote you mentioned, would you mind highlighting it. I'm suspecting though that he never said it, would that be a fair conclusion. Just to remind you you quoted Mr Gove saying  "No we are still in the huff and dont want to talk".

The nearest quote I can see from your link is Gove saying "Even while I have been at the dispatch box it has been reported that there has been a constructive move on the part of the EU and I welcome that … obviously we need to work on the basis of the proposed intensification they propose. And I prefer to look forward in optimism than look back in anger.”

I never said Gove said that. Go back and read my post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You do not use quotation marks when paraphrasing because that would be plagiarism, something you are well aware of.

...something, of which, you are well aware.

Should not ended a sentence with of......whoops, just did it.

• Haha 1

Where did you get your quote from, did you make it up?

Actually what I said was Downing street was telling the world...........

Do you actually want to argue about whether roads can really talk?

Its called paraphrasing. People use it all the time.

My point is theres one message coming from Gove and another from the PM.

Just more evidence, as if we need it, that Brexit is a total shambles.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

You do not use quotation marks when paraphrasing because that would be plagiarism, something you are well aware of.

"To paraphrase is to restate another author 's point in your own words. When you paraphrase, you don't need to use quotation marks".

So you don't NEED to use quotation marks......don't think he has committed a crime after all....phew.

Do you need a link to this quote???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Actually what I said was Downing street was telling the world...........

Do you actually want to argue about whether roads can really talk?

Its called paraphrasing. People use it all the time.

My point is theres one message coming from Gove and another from the PM.

Just more evidence, as if we need it, that Brexit is a total shambles.  

Provide where you got that information from or else there is only one conclusion. You have just dug yourself into another hole, but there are so many now, at least "we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"????????

• Haha 2

Provide where you got that information from or else there is only one conclusion. You have just dug yourself into another hole, but there are so many now, at least "we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"????????

I was paraphrasing what message was coming from the Prime Ministers office. In stark contrast to what Gove was saying.

By the way you need to google plagiarism. It does not mean what you think it does.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, david555 said:

Why should i stop ...? About taxes ....oh you Brits must not pay taxes ...lovely planet it must be .

I only try make it clear both sides will not give in .

Let  full brexit happen ...let both get the bruises or go to pieces ....that is the only solution ....remember in any not decided who won war , the peace treaty start when counting the losses...!

The time convincing eachother from their wrong is ...over ...it is a draw who took 4 years .No solution is possible ...to much both in trenches . But maybe that is very difficult for Albion to understand....

The battle of Brexit is a draw..

No it isn't a draw, the UK is a totally free county again, you are not.

You mention war, Europe became free again after the ravages of the axis consortium, that wasn't a draw either, there was a winner with a huge bill to pay, but we paid it and moved on. ????

16 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I understand this forum has a lot of british pensioners, the most brexit-prone demographic. So a lot of hardened brexiters not objectively ready to acknowledge Brexit was indeed a terrible choice.

Now, if you poll the British people, there is growing consensus that leaving the EU was the wrong move for the country.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-19 131258.jpg

Capture d’écran 2020-10-19 131722.jpg

Says a pensioner......????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

No it isn't a draw, the UK is a totally free county again, you are not.

You mention war, Europe became free again after the ravages of the axis consortium, that wasn't a draw either, there was a winner with a huge bill to pay, but we paid it and moved on. ????

Freedom feeling is not detererminated by others than those involved....i feel very good to be in the E.U.

Hence your say the Scots must not feel free now ....

And here he Transam go again ....the war ....you can't help it to call it every time  at a rescue as words & reason fails you

As i see it as a draw is because you did not get what you tried to get up to now , and we never saw U.K as concured country by E.U. but as a MEMBER....But that is something you with your special Empirial thinking not understand ....U.K. was a equal partner.....oeps ????i hope this not offend you ....a only equal partner 

Who now resigned .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Johnson is a compulsive liar. That's why he was sacked as a journalist and he is so successful as a politician.

....the problem is not Boris Johnson being a liar, the problem is the value of the signature of the UK on a international treaty, ratified by the parliament and Her Majesty the Queen.

Betraying a treaty puts the United Kingdom in the "rogue states" category.

"My word is my bond" has for centuries been the motto of the London Stock Exchange, and as a trading nation, keeping you promises, is what used to be the very power your country.

In a few weeks, the UK will leave 29 FTAs covering 40 countries and territories. And the country will have to negotiate and sign treaties with partners that now know for a fact that the "Great Seal of the United Kingdom" is a joke.

????......You have obviously never heard of the term..."All's fair in Love & War"......????

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, david555 said:

I don't see a reason that 27  referendums would be hold on the idea of a brexiteer ???? ….as you forgot . U.K. is out and out means out (dixit T.May) 

and out of the club there is no say inside the clubs doing'   anymore . Opinions yes , but only that ….

Independence is full yours ….. on the Island 

And what a wonderful feeling it is too......????

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, david555 said:

Freedom feeling is not detererminated by others than those involved....i feel very good to be in the E.U.

Hence your say the Scots must not feel free now ....

And here he Transam go again ....the war ....you can't help it to call it every time  at a rescue as words & reason fails you

As i see it as a draw is because you did not get what you tried to get up to now , and we never saw U.K as concured country by E.U. but as a MEMBER....But that is something you with your special Empirial thinking not understand ....U.K. was a equal partner.....oeps ????i hope this not offend you ....a only equal partner 

Who now resigned .

Eeeeeeeeeeeeer, you used the word "war", I took the opportunity to use on it, I know many EU countrymen don't like the reminder but that's life.

PS. I do not understand the rest of your post, can you rewrite it...Thank you..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1