Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, my ego has nothing to do with anything, I don't understand the main part of your post for an "accurate" reply....Try again...

You have to do it with this chap...

It is even not important for me you understand it as that would not change your thinking way ...

,  important is that you finally close the door behind you and go enjoy your brexit and stop trying full membership with no pay as a non member third country

Wont work 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

But it seems you cannot close the door, you are a Belgian chap posting about Brexit here near every day, just posting doom and gloom in the now free British direction. 

Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. 

But, I don't think you understand what Brexit is about for me and many others, and that is, we do not want to be part of your 'family' any more, we want to be friends, just like in our own individual daily lives, but we want that by moving back into our own home, which means our land and sea borders.

The EU is stamping its feet at our departure, which is very clear with the threats they are handing out, those gestures just point out to us all what the EU is really about, and for sure doesn't surprise me one bit. 

You can keep your future U.S. of G., enjoy it...:clap2:

The only wise words today ????

"Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. "

And as you U.K.brexiteers pulled us E.U. in that....so we reply here untill you are gone out of the doorway ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

but we want that by moving back into our own home, which means our land and sea borders.

Seems fair at the first sight.

But as everything has a price,  your government is prepared to lease/rent its land and sea to others, but at the right price and conditions. 

These nationalists outcry is just a snapshot, because you haven't obtain yet what you want. 

This is a matter of politics/business en vogue worldwide. 

I would be very surprised the U.K. would handle differently than all other countries in that matter. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, david555 said:

The only wise words today ????

"Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. "

And as you U.K.brexiteers pulled us E.U. in that....so we reply here untill you are gone out of the doorway ????

We are gone out of the doorway.....????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

because they have proved themselves to be a bunch of charlatans,

because they don't give to the UK what the UK wants you call them charlatans.... do you have kids? if so when they asked you for something and you declined their request, did you ever wonder what they may have called you .... 555 maybe not charlatan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

because they don't give to the UK what the UK wants you call them charlatans.... do you have kids? if so when they asked you for something and you declined their request, did you ever wonder what they may have called you .... 555 maybe not charlatan

I think if my children ever asked me if they could decimate the UKs fishing waters I'm afraid I would have to say no also.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Thanks for the link but I cannot find anywhere the quote you mentioned, would you mind highlighting it. I'm suspecting though that he never said it, would that be a fair conclusion. Just to remind you you quoted Mr Gove saying  "No we are still in the huff and dont want to talk".

The nearest quote I can see from your link is Gove saying "Even while I have been at the dispatch box it has been reported that there has been a constructive move on the part of the EU and I welcome that … obviously we need to work on the basis of the proposed intensification they propose. And I prefer to look forward in optimism than look back in anger.”

He said Downing St was in a huff, perhaps referring to the comment telling the EU rep not to bother coming to London for talks.

On Marr's programme, Gove said the door to further talks was not closed, it was ajar. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannork said:

He said Downing St was in a huff, perhaps referring to the comment telling the EU rep not to bother coming to London for talks.

On Marr's programme, Gove said the door to further talks was not closed, it was ajar. 

I think you have missed a bit out after.............. "London for talks".....????

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's not what we want.

We'd like a simple, mutually beneficial FTA, similar to the one they already gave to Canada. But if the EU is still sulking and crying about being rejected by Britain then that's fine, we'll go WTO.

The price the EU currently wants for an FTA is way too high. If the price is too high, it's always best to walk away. Especially if it's the EU offering the sky high price, because they have proved themselves to be a bunch of charlatans, no better than conmen and shysters with their pathetic bait and switch tactics. The British people and the British government are sick of their nonsense. Roll on 31 December.:clap2:

At last...

???????? ????

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

"No we are still in the huff and dont want to talk". This is what he quoted, the clues in the quotation marks. I asked if he could provide source for his quote, is it wrong to question someones quote?

15 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Your United Kingdom does not appear to be very united though does it?

In fact your only method of currently keeping the UK together is to refuse people a democratic vote on whether they want to stay in the union.

Now the last union I can remember which adopted the same policy was the USSR. 

I presume you're referring to Scotland - they already had one! In case you don't remember, they voted to remain in the UK. Or do you want to keep having them until you get the result that satisfies you. 555

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We'd like a simple, mutually beneficial FTA, similar to the one they already gave to Canada. 

please read again my previous post on Canada: the short negotiation format imposed by the UK makes a Canada deal impossible. The CETA started 2004 ended in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Economic_and_Trade_Agreement

To kickoff a Canada FTA the UK negotiation team would need to pragmatically set up the timeframe and DO IT 

another issue : to negotiate such a deal you need a big competent team of experts, and sadly these competences are not here.

You all remember the opening of the negotiations. The UE team arrives after extensive preparation and ready, while the UK team arrives with a big smile having done nothing

I guess the UK will go on complaining about it, but there can be no Canada deal, whatever Boris Johnson wants you to believe.

898c26b78ca9f2942d64830a2785ca4d[1].jpg

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Now Mr Macron is threatening an embargo

You know these English tabloids are absolute <deleted> do you? 

Nowadays, even taking serious sources, it's very complicated to sort out lies from the truth.

...But if you start with a <deleted> source, there is no way ...

Capture d’écran 2020-10-20 091220.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

You know these English tabloids are absolute <deleted> do you? 

Nowadays, even taking serious sources, it's very complicated to sort out lies from the truth.

...But if you start with a <deleted> source, there is no way ...

Capture d’écran 2020-10-20 091220.jpg

Eeeeeeer, your remainers are continually using two lefty (deleted) rags, day in, day out........????

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

The British people and the British government are sick of their nonsense.

As per now  the British government has a particular attitude towards the E.U..

This attitude may change if it obtain what it wants from the E.U..

The British people has expressed their opinion about Brexit 4 years ago.

What their  opinion is about the actual Brexit situation is unknown,

and thus open to speculations.

There are some polls about it,

the results  are accepted or disputed, 

based on each own opinion of the matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

But as everything has a price,  your government is prepared to lease/rent its land and sea to others, but at the right price and conditions. 

Ah, but you're missing the whole point. It will be OUR right, OUR price and OUR conditions - not the EU's 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Read up on the recent general election that was called to sort that out Brexit.

Boris had a landslide victory, something the remainers are still smarting over and don't mention.... 

Yeah first past the post.

Fantastic democratic system of voting that is. 

In Hollyrood we have a far better system which means you have to actually get over 50% of the votes to get even a small majority.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Read up on the recent general election that was called to sort that out Brexit.

Boris had a landslide victory, something the remainers are still smarting over and don't mention.... 

You are correct about the feeling of the people on 12 December 2019.

I have no idea what it is actually, 10 months later.

Neither what it will be, lets say in June 2021, 6 months after 31 December 2020.

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And we will have another one.

Looking forward to it or does the fear of losing mean you will simply try to refuse to allow one?

Highly doubtful you get another one within the next 15 years, but even if you get another one and win it will be 1-1. We'd need a tiebreaker to be sure. 

Or will you apply the same logic that Remainers applied to Brexit when they were pushing for a "people's vote" second referendum i.e. as soon as they finally win one then THAT is the result that counts and the people must accept it and stop voting.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1