Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1349210/Brexit-news-Emmanuel-Macron-France-fisheries-energy-blockade-threat-EU-punishment-vn

Macron in last-ditch Brexit punishment with threat to devastate UK with energy blockade

EMMANUEL MACRON confirmed that the EU would launch a devastating energy embargo against the UK if Boris Johnson refuses to give in on fisheries.

2 hours ago, david555 said:

the same as  the U. K. delayed ...hoping the E.U. would give in on the U.K. wishes...?

same same just bit different ????

UK did not delay, we had a hung parliament that couldn't get the WA agreed, You know, that document the EU insisted was settled before any trade negotiations were entered into, hence all the extensions and 11th hour push.

2 minutes ago, Tofer said:

UK did not delay, we had a hung parliament that couldn't get the WA agreed, You know, that document the EU insisted was settled before any trade negotiations were entered into, hence all the extensions and 11th hour push.

Oh yes ...that WA that Boris sold to you as his victory...at 11 hour.....and now spit on it ....

BTW at which "hour" we are now ..?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1349210/Brexit-news-Emmanuel-Macron-France-fisheries-energy-blockade-threat-EU-punishment-vn

Macron in last-ditch Brexit punishment with threat to devastate UK with energy blockade

EMMANUEL MACRON confirmed that the EU would launch a devastating energy embargo against the UK if Boris Johnson refuses to give in on fisheries.

Link repaired ....

Edited by david555

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The still advertised as the common market was referring to the 1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum

I am not aware of any Scottish independence referendum that took place in 1975 but if there was one maybe you could provide a link

Not sure what you mean referencing 1975.

There was of course a referendum on Scottish devolution in 1979. It was passed by 52% to 48% but then perfidious Albion decided that was not enough because it didnt take into account the votes which would have been cast by dead people who would all have voted no. Also people who did not vote at all were also considered to have voted no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Scottish_devolution_referendum

Democracy eh? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tofer said:

You've had nearly 5 years to negotiate it, but the EU wanted to drag it out until the WA was settled.

There was no reason on Gods earth why the 2 issues could not run concurrently.

So you would like they let U.K. sacrifice the Irish peace ......nice !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tofer said:

You've had nearly 5 years to negotiate it, but the EU wanted to drag it out until the WA was settled.

There was no reason on Gods earth why the 2 issues could not run concurrently.

The reason it ran on so long is because the Conservative party could not agree on which version of Brexit they wanted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tofer said:

Excuse me, but Scotland are part of the UK, and the UK voted to leave the EU.

Tell that to the both Irish ....they dont want a border ...your brexit brought that as a possibillity in the game .....dont cry if they go for Unification  or worse ....troubles start all over ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not sure what you mean referencing 1975.

There was of course a referendum on Scottish devolution in 1979. It was passed by 52% to 48% but then perfidious Albion decided that was not enough because it didnt take into account the votes which would have been cast by dead people who would all have voted no. Also people who did not vote at all were also considered to have voted no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Scottish_devolution_referendum

Democracy eh? 

So I take it as a No then there was no Scottish independence referendum in 1975 so the comment reference to the 1975

United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum  at the time the membership was for remaining in the common market so the comment "The still advertised as the common market" was correct

2 hours ago, david555 said:

That is just the point ....both sides hoping the other one would give in .... the E.U. already gave up on your staying a long time ...only U.K. did not give up on their wishfull  E.U. advantages ....they bloody nows good why i guess...

Face it...., it wont come to a deal .....only after the damages from cliff brexit ( for both % way ) mini deals "could"come on the horizon maybe...

You missed my point completely.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The Scottish independence referendum was advertised as remaining in the EU.

But somehow your hypocrisy blinds you to that fact. 

Topic and subject not the Scottish independence referendum - have another beer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

You missed my point completely.

Because we are on different frequences thinking .....and boy am i glad for that ....

????

Different interests....as normal in any divorce ... it is reality 

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So I take it as a No then there was no Scottish independence referendum in 1975 so the comment reference to the 1975

United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum  at the time the membership was for remaining in the common market so the comment "The still advertised as the common market" was correct

I was refering to the 2014 referendum where we were told voting yes meant leaving the EU. Voting NO meant staying in the EU. Then the English nationalists took us out of the EU anyway.

Someone else mentioned 1975. You need to go back and reread the posts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tofer said:

It was never about Ireland, it was all about the money.

Same for Boris it seems ...as he find his wages to low...

Yeah allimentation and so many baby's takes his toll ????

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

What part of "Scotland is part of the UK" do you not understand, They are not an independent nation, yet..

I'm glad you said "yet".

Means Brexiteers are finally coming to terms with the break up of the UK they helped facilitate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

I was refering to the 2014 referendum where we were told voting yes meant leaving the EU. Voting NO meant staying in the EU. Then the English nationalists took us out of the EU anyway.

Someone else mentioned 1975. You need to go back and reread the posts.

No you are the person that needs to reread the posts the post that stated "still advertised as the common market" was a reply to someone that was talking about the 1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum

You made the mistake of replying to that post with a post regarding the 2014 Scottish independence referendum

• Like 2

Just now, vinny41 said:

No you are the person that needs to reread the posts the post that stated "still advertised as the common market" was a reply to someone that was talking about the 1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum

You made the mistake of replying to that post with a post regarding the 2014 Scottish independence referendum

My point still stands. Nauseus was claiming they were promised one thing but something else was delivered.