Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Because most of the time a vote for the Lib dems is a wasted vote.

Yes but they would have cancelled Brexit, just what you guys wanted, guess you didn't want it as much as the remainers claimed. And of course nothing to do with Labour who voted againgst anything the Tories voted for.

Whoops forgot, I've been ostrasized.????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So did the UK, of course. And, unlike the EU, they could have done and still could do so at every point in the process I believe. 

They could have done, with one exception, the process was being managed and manipulated by a bunch of remainers, until Boris got hold of the reigns.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So did the UK, of course. And, unlike the EU, they could have done and still could do so at every point in the process I believe. 

If both were to respect A50 then the same conditions applied to both the EU and the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well David, whatever your personal desire, it is quite obvioius from the last 4 years' antics that the EU have had opposite hopes. The EU has tried all and any means to actually keep the UK in. If the EU had genuinely wanted to kick us out they could have done so easily and legally, 18 months ago. I am starting to agree with you, though.

I agree with you for the ( idle ...) hopes of keeping a leaving member in their organisation.....i am quicker a realist ...

BUT contrary also on  your U.K. hopes of getting the dream deal , they also were trying to long their hopes ...and i told always and keep saying  THEY WONT GIVE IN .... and STILL WILL NOT DO NOW ! for several reasons ....comparing that it is better to loose a finger than your hand or arm (euphimism)....as that would happen if they give on their principals ....if you like them or not , as it would treaten their future  existance ...

That is why i call it a draw, and the No deal must happen to go on with both sides economy's 

Standing on a crosroad with several streets ...must pick one to find out it was the right one ...or would never know it was the right one  ????

26 minutes ago, Tofer said:

A bit late for that, since we launched article 50 and, I might say, the EU together with the treacherous b.....ds like Ian Blackford, Bercow and Starmer colluding with the EU to interfere with a democratic decision, contradicts your opinion of the true situation.

The kicking out was meant as sarcastic euphimism ...

We all get tyred of just standstill...????

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

I agree with you for the ( idle ...) hopes of keeping a leaving member in their organisation.....i am quicker a realist ...

BUT contrary also on  your U.K. hopes of getting the dream deal , they also were trying to long their hopes ...and i told always and keep saying  THEY WONT GIVE IN .... and STILL WILL NOT DO NOW ! for several reasons ....comparing that it is better to loose a finger than your hand or arm (euphimism)....as that would happen if they give on their principals ....if you like them or not , as it would treaten their future  existance ...

That is why i call it a draw, and the No deal must happen to go on with both sides economy's 

Standing on a crosroad with several streets ...must pick one to find out it was the right one ...or would never know it was the right one  ????

Thanks. I was never hopeful of getting a 'dream deal' out of the EU though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

We all get tyred of just standstill...????

Certainly are - roll on January 1st 2021. I think we all agree on that. I'm sure even the remainers will be glad to see a conclusion to this sorry fiasco.

I'm sure we can all be friends again, when the EU's demise is complete in a few years.

Edited by Tofer

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah thank goodness that Johnson came up with his cunning North Korea + deal.

My laughing emoticon is really to laugh with that very funny remark .????

..as too many that emoticon is used in different way ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Certainly are - roll on January 1st 2021. I think we all agree on that. I'm sure even the remainers will be glad to see a conclusion to this sorry fiasco.

I'm sure we can all be friends again, when the EU's demise is complete in a few years.

Yeah ! we E.U. shall start the survival food packages very soon for you .????

Double ones for the 48% ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tofer said:

We all get tired of just standstill...

well I was bad news, for you. 

Brexit is far from over, it does not matter whether we have the thin deal on offer or "no deal".  The situation is unsustainable and the blame game, as well as negotiations need to go on for like 10 years.

Right now, in Europe Brexit is considered quite done and over (you need to take part in british forums to discuss the topic!).

But in the UK it's a hot topic, for many reasons (future of the UK industry, future of the Union...) and there is no way these problems are solved anytime soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Brexit is far from over, it does not matter whether we have the thin deal on offer or "no deal".  The situation is unsustainable and the blame game, as well as negotiations need to go on for like 10 years.

Right now, in Europe Brexit is considered quite done and over (you need to take part in british forums to discuss the topic!).

But in the UK it's a hot topic, for many reasons (future of the UK industry, future of the Union...) and there is no way these problems are solved anytime soon.

That poop seems rather self-contradictory to say the least.

1 minute ago, Tofer said:

Very kind. What would we do without you... Mine's fish & chips please.

Chips no problem , the fish however is a problem as told to us no fish anymore for us in supply ...., pigg however in oversupplies ????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

We'll be an overnight success, and the EU will be a forgotten bad memory, until it fades into oblivion. 

I don't know why people talk about the blame game, it's totally irrelevant, either make a deal or don't, simple.

46 minutes ago, david555 said:

I think the EU will be needing those food packages.????

Besides, given the way Germany banned the export of masks to other EU countries at the height of COVID, I highly doubt they'll be sending anything to the UK even if needed it (which we won't).

Funny how all these EU countries quickly reverted to the concept of the nation state when the chips were down. But of course, they're all one big happy federalist family aren't they ????.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-09/germany-faces-backlash-from-neighbors-over-mask-export-ban

image.png.80103ad7e4a21d2d094c9809380c37b8.png

One big happy family!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, david555 said:

And maybe quadruple survival food packages for the 3.5-4 million EU nationals living in the UK, maybe they could paint their bodies in the flag of the EU so it easy for the EU cargo planes to identify them during the airdrop

Just may sure the UK have been paid 1st.

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Haha 1