Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Therein lies the problem. The French want our fish. The Germans want us to keep buying their overpriced cars with the fake emissions certificates. The EU themselves want to punish us for leaving and still control our legislature. 

So many disparate voices each with their own agendas, pretending to be a united front. Thank god we're out.

And on yourU.K. side those points are refused ...that is why my general remark ...

What has changed ....?

on either side ...????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Last I read, Italy and Hungary were not happy, probably others that keep things to their selves, bit like us Brits with their quest, well most of us.....:whistling:

I listened to other member states in the EU parliament slagging off the EU over the treatment of the UK, there is obviously simmering going on....

Yes there are truely Euro-sceptic party's fractions in the E.U. parlaiment ......proof by that, it is a democratic composition ....????

But they like the E.U.pay....anyway ????

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you new to the thread...?

Johnson is just trying to make capital out of the fishing rights issue and at the same time hoping to make friends in Scotland.

Remind me, who is the bigger employer in Scotland, the onshore or offshore fishing industry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Gunnar Beck German MEP says the UK wanted a Canada style deal and has signalled flexability, the EU in contrast hasn't moved. Merkel and Von der Leyen lack ability to compromise and therefore are unable to compromise.

Yeah those with different opinion in Boris junta  get sacked ...anything different ...."same same but a bit different "????

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Johnson is just trying to make capital out of the fishing rights issue and at the same time hoping to make friends in Scotland.

Remind me, who is the bigger employer in Scotland, the onshore or offshore fishing industry.

More anti-Boris guess work....

Plus, you still don't understand Brexit is about we control ALL of our territory, land and sea.

Our land and sea will still be ours after the oil age has gone, we will still be fishing OUR waters for evermore,  oil has a limited life span...????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

From the clips I saw from the European Parliament, the member states themselves are now openly fed up with the EU's refusal to compromise. They are not impressed with Barnier using their industries as a bargaining chip in a negotiation where he has clearly over-reached.

The pressure has built on Barnier and the lid is coming off. In my opinion, that is what has changed.

Oh if that is so......????..then the brexiteers future is bright to come ....????

Allow me ...????????.....

But true i think we ALL are tyred of brexit "soap"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Don't take my word for it.

Watch the 2:05 minute mark and the 5:55 minute mark (yes, 555!).

9:45 will also open your eyes.

One big happy family!

Express...i guess?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

????...................Whether the pound had lost value or not made NO difference to the cash sent to the EU, plus should not be of any concern to you, from across the channel.....????

So, after living over 20 years in Thailand. During that time been running 3 companies that deal both with euro and dollar, it can absolutely not be of any concern to me, right?

Eeeh.....??? Made no difference. So if UK have pound and EU have euro. That does not mean if the pound falls, the euro is going to be more expensive? Maybe even you will see that the meaning of difference is truly visible there.

Regarding the other side of the channel. I actually go home once every 2 years with the family, to visit for about 3-4 weeks. You know, things that people who plan their life can afford to do. otherwise I have no connection to any side of any channel no more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I you do not care what I do, why do you then babble what is my concern or not without having a clue what really is? Must mean you went off topic first, right?

However, my post was an explanation so that you could understand how wrong you were. Unfortunately, once again without effect.

Again, your personal stuff is of no interest to me regarding this thread, plus I do not understand any of it.. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Too painful to watch?

Don't worry, it's just another racist Gammon Brexiteer YouTuber. ????

Not at all ,an  Express shortcut in my U.K. news map ..... i like alway a good laugh ????

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

From the clips I saw from the European Parliament, the member states themselves are now openly fed up with the EU's refusal to compromise. They are not impressed with Barnier using their industries as a bargaining chip in a negotiation where he has clearly over-reached.

The pressure has built on Barnier and the lid is coming off. In my opinion, that is what has changed.

That is just your opinion, and nothing more than that.

Public opinion is now against any deal with the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Italy and Hungary will not leave. Both countries get more than they give. Italy will be bankrupt the day after they leave.

Probably you wish for the EU to fall apart, but I don't believe that it will happen soon. Especially not if you look at the economic mess the UK has to deal with now.

I think you are making wild assumptions as to what I wish, and perhaps countries on the cash receiving end, may prefer their own freedom once again.....????

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Watch the 2:05 minute mark and the 5:55 minute mark (yes, 555!).

9:45 will also open your eyes.

One big happy family!

We call that selective quotation. Apparently the British need that because much more is not available ????

I really hope so much for a NO DEAL Brexit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

That is just your opinion, and nothing more than that.

Public opinion is now against any deal with the UK.

If you watch the clips from the European Parliament that I posted you can see for yourself.

Or you can just keep your head in the clouds by ignoring the facts. Up to you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

We call that selective quotation. Apparently the British need that because much more is not available ????

I really hope so much for a NO DEAL Brexit.

Selective quotation? You wish...

Yes, No Deal would be perfectly satisfactory for the UK. A full disentanglement from the EU's corrupt tentacles. Marvelous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

It's a game like poker. Neither side wants a no deal outcome. Boris has the advantage, I suppose, cos, he can speak unitedly for the UK, whilst Michel Barnier has many different interests to placate. 

Boris has been desperate for no deal for the last 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Please explain why no deal would be advantageous to the UK. I, personally, want a deal whereby I can still go to France or Germany, without a <deleted>load of paperwork. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not really. It depends on the alternative doesn't it.

If the alternative is an FTA we'll take that.

If the alternative is level playing field, rules on state aid, surrendering fishing, ECJ jurisdiction etc. we'll take No Deal.

If the EU wise up to the fact that we are now an independent sovereign country they can get a great trade deal from us and we'll continue buying all their stuff. If not, No Deal. 

• Like 2