Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Where does your home country rank?

In the top. Well above the UK. 

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't really see how any country in the top 20 could be considered 'weak'.

You are right, not as a country. But what matters is the income of people. I would prefer to live in a country with a $1 million economy and being the only citizen, and not in a country with a $10 million economy that must be shared between hundreds of people. 

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And if the UK is 'weak', how come it was expected to contribute 25% of the EU funding.

That is Brexit nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, vogie said:

But these are trade talks, we wish to buy and sell to the EU and vice versa, how simple is that. The complications set in when each of the 27 nations that makes up the EU are pulling in different directions, they cannot decide between themselves the best way to procede with these talks. 

They are not used to someone like Boris saying 'no', the last four years has been a total waste of time, we all knew that you cannot negotiate with an organisation like the EU, the sooner we walk the better and Macron will go down in history as the man that broke the EU.

A personal opinion/approach of the situation, which some in the U.K. and even in the E.U., agree with.

However, there are some in the U.K. & E.U. with a different opinion/approach.

In my world, one opinion has no less or more value than another.

I experienced regularly however in my life ( I am from 1948 ) that some consider their opinion as superior, and/or their approach of a situation as the only correct one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vogie said:

It is not acceptable the French controlling our waters, end of. 

Correct, 

One solution may be that the U.K. lease their waters to a specific amount of European fish boats, with a specific amount of fish allowed to been caught.