Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Most of the last three pages have been removed, a process that took considerable time and effort.

I could easily waste the next two hours dishing out warnings for the off topic, trolling and insult trading that has been going on.

Quit it NOW and stay on topic, without the personal comments.

timely remark, indeed

dunno darksidedog, but mebbee you would have a brighter future as Brexit deal moderator than TVF moderator

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

The first part is certainly true "the UK jointly invested in this"... and the rest is just the usual "evil empire" talk. 

I think it was a huge blunder to leave the EU, and sticking to your "evil empire", "project fear", "take back control" rhetoric does not help getting a clear vision of what the UK should do next.

Brexit in itself was a very very bad idea based on false premises. 

Now what is done is done: the UK is out and cannot go back in anytime soon.

Now, if at least this stupid Brexit idea had been implemented by the witty and clever british people I used to know, the country could have somehow controlled the damage.

Right now this is just a mess, and complaining and repeating the same slogans over and over is not in any way a solution. You know, we used to define (with much admiration) the brits as no-nosense, down-to-earth, efficient, pragmatic people.

Why is it you EU apron string hangers keep blaming the British for what they want to do. It is so tiresome.

Yes, you for once got something right, we are no-nonsense people, that's why it looks like we are walking.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofer said:

Another obscure response, that doesn't address the question, i.e. that's not an answer, it's just pontificating.

Let me try and put it more simply.

1). How do you justify demanding control of rules, laws and territorial waters of an independent country?

2). Which other country has the EU imposed such conditions on in their trade agreements. 

Guy....if is not possible ...then it is not possible between U.K. and E.U....! Why you do not understand that and accept the fact for both ....

Independance you have ...you left ...so that is it .

End line.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

The first part is certainly true "the UK jointly invested in this"... and the rest is just the usual "evil empire" talk. 

I think it was a huge blunder to leave the EU, and sticking to your "evil empire", "project fear", "take back control" rhetoric does not help getting a clear vision of what the UK should do next.

Brexit in itself was a very very bad idea based on false premises. 

Now what is done is done: the UK is out and cannot go back in anytime soon.

Now, if at least this stupid Brexit idea had been implemented by the witty and clever british people I used to know, the country could have somehow controlled the damage.

Right now this is just a mess, and complaining and repeating the same slogans over and over is not in any way a solution. You know, we used to define (with much admiration) the brits as no-nosense, down-to-earth, efficient, pragmatic people.

If you mean no nonsense - yes - that's why the EU has finally been rejected.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Guy....if is not possible ...then it is not possible between U.K. and E.U....! Why you do not understand that and accept the fact for both ....

End line.

Brussels is no too far from you is it? Maybe you could pass that message on? They might believe you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you mean no nonsense - yes - that's why the EU has finally been rejected.

And for me i accept that comment ...can you please leave the E.U. doorstep now finally where standing to try to get whatever you want ....

I am in favor for your no deal  "sweeter named " Australia deal .This soap has to end ....

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

your country has already walked out, what's done is done, you can blame all you want, but you have no more say in UE policy that I have in british policy.

now no-nonsense could start with comparing what was promised to you four years ago and what you have now.

let's be down-to-earth and pragmatic, can you recognize these politician and pragmatically tell me if as of today, you still believe what they promised?

Capture d’écran 2020-10-18 131033.jpg

We don't care, you do, you can't stop telling us stuff. And you ain't (I hope) using our waters unless we say so, well I wouldn't want Nelson turning in his grave.....:intheclub:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, david555 said:

End line.

Great, then you can stop posting and worry more about your new EU taxes... eh................🤣

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Brussels is no too far from you is it? Maybe you could pass that message on? They might believe you.

I think they now that already by now ....they seem to take legall precautions to be prepared for talks ....untill the limit day is crossed and then to stop .

I hope same thing for your folks in number 10 so they move from Brussels doorstep ....in a divorce you must accept it is finished .

• Like 1