Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

We got four years of Remainer and EU subterfuge and obfuscation. That's not what we voted for.

Lets face it. You had no idea what you were voting for.

All you did was wrap a union flag around yourself and memorise some meaningless slogans that you still to this day trot out like they are scripture. 

You got what you voted for. Do not try and blame anyone else for the impending damage Brexit is going to do to the UK.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Lets face it. You had no idea what you were voting for.

All you did was wrap a union flag around yourself and memorise some meaningless slogans that you still to this day trot out like they are scripture. 

You got what you voted for. Do not try and blame anyone else for the impending damage Brexit is going to do to the UK.

Lets face it - you lost and still won't face it. 

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do not try and blame anyone else for the impending damage Brexit is going to do to the UK.

This prediction of yours, do you chant it every night in the hope it comes true? 

I suspect you'll be livid when we do well from Brexit. And when we do well , if this causes the good folk of Scotland to want to remain in the union I think you'll spontaneously combust. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Lets face it - you lost and still won't face it. 

Oh we are fully aware you Brexiteers won.

We are just laughing at what you won and the huge difference between what you thought you were going to win.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 10:33 PM, Rookiescot said:

We are just laughing at what you won and the huge difference between what you thought you were going to win.

Is that a prediction, a blind mantra, crystal ball gazing or just wishful thinking to prove your point.

Let's wait and see shall we.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:24 AM, 7by7 said:

All of which brings us full circle back to May's deal with which we could have left on the 29th March 2019 were it not for Boris' machinations!

And sacrifice the UK's sovereignty in the process. That's not what Brexit was meant to achieve, being tied to EU laws and governance in a common market arrangement.

8 minutes ago, Tofer said:

And sacrifice the UK's sovereignty in the process. That's not what Brexit was meant to achieve, being tied to EU laws and governance in a common market arrangement.

Full umbilical severance is in ????????'s best interest. Being bungeed to the ???????? serves only to reel us back in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

No, that was a Johnson lie when he headed up the leave campaign.

What part of Cameron saying that we will be leaving the single market don't you understand, I would have thought that someone from Manchester would understand that, unless we are holding on to something that Nigel Farage said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, Rookiescot said:

I'm not laughing; I do not find the dire effects of Brexit in any way amusing.

Although the repeated attempts by Brexiteers to convince themselves that they did the right thing does raise an occasional chuckle!

• Like 2

Just now, dunroaming said:

Not long to wait now to see which way Boris jumps.  It has been widely claimed that he is desperately trying to hang on by his fingertips until the US election result is in.  If his buddy Trump wins then he will probably take a chance and take us out with a very limited deal and if Biden wins then you can expect him to end up with the EU's deal.

Doesn't that scenario work both ways DR?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Not long to wait now to see which way Boris jumps.  It has been widely claimed that he is desperately trying to hang on by his fingertips until the US election result is in.  If his buddy Trump wins then he will probably take a chance and take us out with a very limited deal and if Biden wins then you can expect him to end up with the EU's deal.

Looking forward to another four years of both Boris and Donald. 

The wailing and gnashing of teeth from the combined milksops of UK & US will no doubt raise again, but whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tofer said:
On 10/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, 7by7 said:

All of which brings us full circle back to May's deal with which we could have left on the 29th March 2019 were it not for Boris' machinations!

How is Boris Johnson's deal different to Theresa May's?

Most of Mr Johnson's deal is the same as Mrs May's, but the new Northern Ireland protocol (which looks at how a hard border can be avoided in the event of no deal) replaces the Irish backstop which was highly controversial amongst MPs.

So you if you believe what you posted, believe that May's agreement was BRINO, then you must believe the same of Johnson's!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I'm not laughing; I do not find the dire effects of Brexit in any way amusing.

Although the repeated attempts by Brexiteers to convince themselves that they did the right thing does raise an occasional chuckle!

image.jpeg.4edda173f4163a149fcd843417180f6e.jpeg

On 10/24/2020 at 8:07 PM, Tofer said:

For how long? I believe the EU is on notice

So far I didn't find out  in what way the E.U. changed my daily life ( except the implementation of the Euro).

So, I not really care what will happen to the E.U..

Unless of course someone can tell me the concrete good things I enjoy now thanks to the E.U., and will lose once the E.U. is history.