Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

A lot of the stuff that goes into BMW cars made in Oxford also comes from within europe. All those parts will be subject to tariffs.

Remainers wanted to remain. Simple as that. 

Its the ardent Brexiteers who want no deal.

Not possible to remain as the UK has already left the EU 31st January 2020

remainers now known as rejoiners want Brexit to fail hence in their view a No deal is better than a deal

rejoiners know it will be an uphill battle to rejoin EU will make it mandatory the adoption of the Euro as part of any  accession process

They will also asked that a qualified majority referendum 75% wanting to rejoin after all they wouldn't want the UK back on a 52/48 spilt as that could result in another request to leave a few years down the line

2 minutes ago, transam said:

More guess work, and you have the front to call UK politicians liars....????

Right OK. I suppose you will now give us all a comprehensive post detailing exactly which group wants a no deal Brexit and why. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And which mainstream political party is proposing we rejoin? This rejoiners thing is not happening in reality is it?

No deal was the wet dream of Brexiteers like Farage and the ERG.

Now they couldn't say that during the referendum campaign because very few would have voted for that.

However after the right wing coup in the Conservative party it has become a distinct possibility. 

I am sure Nicola Sturgeon(SNP) would be on the 1st plane to Brussels if rejoin was an option

and I sure the Lib Dems would be on the same plane

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Right OK. I suppose you will now give us all a comprehensive post detailing exactly which group wants a no deal Brexit and why. 

You tell me, I am a Brexit guy, but YOU do not know what I think about deal or no deal, YOU think you do but you don't....Gawd 'elp us....."The guess work brigade", struck again.....????

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, think you have been reading to many Sherlock Holmes novels, stick to Poirot, ooops, but wait....????

So.....????….you really don't know we on the continent  call England like this in joking way  …."Foggy Island" …..? ????

It is coming from this reference :

Foggy Albion.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

No according to Brexiteers here, for whom Brexit only truly will ever have happened if...

...there’s no deal, or only one that has so many conditions that it’s unrealistic. 

Strong rumors appear …..BJ could be "saved and excused" by C19 conditions as excuse for …………..?

Another extension because circumstances  ….. but just rumors ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

So.....????….you really don't know we on the continent  call England like this in joking way  …."Foggy Island" …..? ????

It is coming from this reference :

Foggy Albion.png

That was the case a zillion years back, called London fog (smog), to do with millions of coal burning house chimneys. We have moved on since then, no smog, but we do have mist, you can google that to update yourself. ????.....

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That was the case a zillion years back, called London fog (smog), to do with millions of coal burning house chimneys. We have moved on since then, no smog, but we do have mist, you can google that to update yourself. ????.....

you are right …. but that is how nicknames are born and used in whichever time ….. don't know where the name "frogs"  and "clogs" come from …. same thing ….once in a time ago  , so nicknames become born ...

Anyway now you know to be named foggy Island 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

you are right …. but that is how nicknames are born and used in whichever time ….. don't know where the name "frogs"  and "clogs" come from …. same thing ….once in a time ago  , so nicknames become born ...

Riiiiiiight .....????

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There will likely be a deal. A bad one for both sides, but one that’s better than a no-deal, at least in terms of economy and businesses (not necessarily in terms of Brexiteer ideology). Depending on the scope of such agreement, it could also be likely that some sort of “implementation period” will have to be agreed. 

it could also be likely that some sort of “implementation period” will have to be agreed. 

= Another naming for "extension " ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

And are you cheese bored?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

it could also be likely that some sort of “implementation period” will have to be agreed. 

= Another naming for "extension " ????

I wouldn't get too excited yet - no similar news anywhere that I can see.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose that it could end

by Europe acknowledging the sovereignty of the U.K. waters,

the U.K. allowing, under certain conditions, to the European fishing boats, to fish into this U.K. waters.

Europe? Oh you mean that EU thing. They don't have any choice about sovereignty. 

I think a limited concession on fishing was already offered but not taken up by the EU.

The French fishermen are not making things any easier if the reports about them crowding the Channel Islands are true.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/05/15/anger-as-french-boat-plunders-important-local-fishing-grounds/

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet - no similar news anywhere that I can see.

not exited , but just pointing to the " endless dragging feet from eternal leavers " who have no clue anymore now seems ....

For me I repeat... time to show brexiteers the negotiations exit-door …., but that is my personal opinion of course ????

29 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose that it could end

by Europe acknowledging the sovereignty of the U.K. waters,

Make them publicly swear under oath, on their knees even in front of a Union Jack and the Queen, and sign something on thick paper (which the EU parliament can later “in a limited way” break because it’s sovereign). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

not exited , but just pointing to the " endless dragging feet from eternal leavers " who have no clue anymore now seems ....

For me I repeat... time to show brexiteers the negotiations exit-door …., but that is my personal opinion of course ????

I think we all already know that from your daily dose of Brit stuff...????

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It would also allow the EU and the Remainers to claim some kind of victory for the EU over the UK, which will please their vindictive little minds and thus edge us closer to a decent trade deal. 

I think both parties will anyway claim victory, both parties introducing to their base what they obtained, not what they have giving in.

To know what a party gave in, one will have to read what the counterpart obtained.

This is the foundation of any negotiation.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Europe? Oh you mean that EU thing. They don't have any choice about sovereignty. 

I think a limited concession on fishing was already offered but not taken up by the EU.

The French fishermen are not making things any easier if the reports about them crowding the Channel Islands are true.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/05/15/anger-as-french-boat-plunders-important-local-fishing-grounds/

Correct, that E.U. thing.

It is for sure that we will continue to read here several kind of extracts from all possible media quotes ( there is food for anything on the Net ).

These quotes then being usually utilized to try to accentuate the opinion of the one who posted it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Well these "oneliners" are certainly considered as ultra hilarious for a couple of members here.

i can understand in their positions any cheerup  (how doubtful ever ) is welcome .... ????

• Like 1