Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

i can understand in their positions any cheerup  (how doubtful ever ) is welcome .... ????

You forget, Brexiters do not need cheering up, we actually got rid of your club, doing our own thing. Now I would have thought that those who remain under the Franco/German thumb are the ones that need cheering up....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

Just a short answer with a short quote out of article 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/02/brussels-caves-uk-fishing-demand-brexit-talks-intensify/

"The EU has warned that without a deal on fishing there will be no trade agreement with Britain, and is understood to be using access to its energy market as leverage to force UK concessions."

(Count your  ₤₤₤₤₤....in that case you go loose...)????

Let loose, where..?  ????

1 minute ago, transam said:

You forget, Brexiters do not need cheering up, we actually got rid of your club, doing our own thing. Now I would have thought that those who remain under the Franco/German thumb are the ones that need cheering up....????

so....who is now anti E.U. as you accuse me with anti Brits ….. is this not equally the same you do ...?

Oh I forgot again Albion guy's have those  right's alone ????

• Like 2

Just now, david555 said:

so....who is now anti E.U. as you accuse me with anti Brits ….. is this not equally the same you do ...?

Oh I forgot again Albion guy's have those  right's alone ????

Do you not understand English...? 

Where did I say I am anti EU in relation to its people or countries, which you are with the UK...? 

Just now, transam said:

Do you not understand English...? 

Where did I say I am anti EU in relation to its people or countries, which you are with the UK...? 

Yeah try it once more......your usual twists  , same for me …, must I explicit start using always brexiteers instead of U.K. or Brits ?

It disturbs me much that in my reply's the 48% might be hurt , ….. but I guess they understand very well my saying is meant for the 52 % ….. and those 48%  shall reckoning with you 52 % 's  next elections ….. I guess next decade gone be a troublesome one and not only because C19

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

If someone can tell me what concrete facts ( positive  or negative ) this E.U. thing brought me, and other men in the street, I will know if I need to be cheering up or not.

Dunno in your case, you will not be around though, when the U.S. of G finally evolves....????

Just now, transam said:

Dunno in your case, you will not be around though, when the U.S. of G finally evolves....????

You have to say that …..??  I hope only if a reach your decades age not become so ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

You have to say that …..??  I hope only if a reach your decades age not become so ????

No, I did say that, but if people can't see the future from the 40 years of the past EU that's not my fault...You have fun with it....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

If I lived in Belgium I would probably think the same...

Next year I hope to read here the concrete changes Brexit has brought for the U.K. man in the street.

With the money spared, I am thinking for instance, something, I am pretty sure everyone would appreciate  : the abolishing of the T.V. license costs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Next year I hope to read here the concrete changes Brexit has brought for the U.K. man in the street.

With the money spared, I am thinking for instance, something, I am pretty sure everyone would appreciate  : the abolishing of the T.V. license costs.

TV licence is mainly because there is no advertising on BBC channels, from the days when there was only the BBC channel and radio. Has always been there.. 

Hmmmm.

Reading these last few pages I am starting to think the Brexiteers on here are hoping for a compromise and a deal.

Loiner will not tolerate such backsliding gentlemen. 

Remember. Taking back control. Sovereignty. Our fishing waters. Brexit means Brexit. We hold all the cards. Easiest trade deal in history. They need us more than we need them.

Dunkirk spirit guys.  ????

• Like 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Hmmmm.

Reading these last few pages I am starting to think the Brexiteers on here are hoping for a compromise and a deal.

Loiner will not tolerate such backsliding gentlemen. 

Remember. Taking back control. Sovereignty. Our fishing waters. Brexit means Brexit. We hold all the cards. Easiest trade deal in history. They need us more than we need them.

Dunkirk spirit guys.  ????

Dunkirk spirit, which side of the channel would you have been on......?  

6 minutes ago, transam said:

TV licence is mainly because there is no advertising on BBC channels, from the days when there was only the BBC channel and radio. Has always been there.. 

Sorry, don't understand,

do you mean the U.K. government can not abolished the TV license?

The Express :

Brexit LIVE: Furious fishermen lash out at UK's huge compromise - 'We'll give you HELL!'

BORIS Johnson has been warned any perception he is "selling out" the industry in an EU trade deal will prompt a furious response from British fishermen.

PUBLISHED: 07:36, Tue, Nov 3, 2020 | UPDATED: 08:18, Tue, Nov 3, 2020

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

not exited , but just pointing to the " endless dragging feet from eternal leavers " who have no clue anymore now seems ....

For me I repeat... time to show brexiteers the negotiations exit-door …., but that is my personal opinion of course ????

We had three years of foot-dragging due to a remain oriented PM, cabinet and CS. We demand more time! ????

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Just a short answer with a short quote out of article 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/02/brussels-caves-uk-fishing-demand-brexit-talks-intensify/

"The EU has warned that without a deal on fishing there will be no trade agreement with Britain, and is understood to be using access to its energy market as leverage to force UK concessions."

(Count your  ₤₤₤₤₤....in that case you go loose...)????

S'OK. The UK is fast developing green energy from fog banks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Have you ever even been over the channel? ????

I had my own boat used on the English Channel.....I have also been to many EU countries in my time, but I was referring to which side of the channel you would have been on with a gun regarding your Dunkirk spirit.....????

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How will an industry of the size of Harrods create “a furious response” and “give you HELL”? Going on a mackerel strike? 

You have obviously never experienced the stinging pain of a wet haddock.

40 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

One thing is for sure, Brexit has highlighted just what a pathetic shower of politicians we have in the UK.  No heroes on either side, just a collection of inadequate, lying conmen, who have eroded the once well respected, men and women of government.

It really doesn't matter if you voted leave or remain, none of us were told the truth, just the spin of dodgy car dealers.

I have to agree. Well said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, don't understand,

do you mean the U.K. government can not abolished the TV license?

U.K. Short of money....they need taking of from those already low pensions ...old people are easy victims....

• Like 1