Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

EU are you watching? UK secures another trade deal as Commonwealth alliance strengthens

BREXIT Britain has signed yet another lucrative trade deal as the UK prepares to flourish outside of the European Union  https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1355585/brexit-news-uk-trade-deal-kenya-commonwealth-latest-eu.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

And you misquote and twist yet again. I did not say "Vote.Leave's lies", I said "leave lies" in the context of these being part of Project Fear and spawned by the Remain campaign. How do you expect to get away with this nonsense?

Please explain the difference between "leave lies" and "Vote.Leave lies."

You also seem to now be saying that Cameron saying we would have  to lose access to the single market was a "leave lie" spawned by the Remain campaign!

Make your mind up!

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 2

American fishing rules are not under discussion here.

You appeared to be under the impression that fishing quotas are purely a EU thing; so I provided an example to show that they are used worldwide to preserve fishing stocks for future generations.

Anyone who believes that the UK wont instigate quotas, probably the same as now, after all of this is settled is seriously deluded.

Now you throw the WA in again as a diversion. You are as hopeless as ever.

It was you, not I, who brought the WA into this

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

A fair deal could be better than no deal but for anything to be reasonably fair then the WA should be revised.

If you have indeed been called a traitor by anyone you need to think about why?

I know why; it's not only because I have dared to believe that my country is taking the wrong road but have also used my democratic right to say so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Please explain the difference between "leave lies" and "Vote.Leave lies."

You also seem to now be saying that Cameron saying we would have  to lose access to the single market was a "leave lie" spawned by the Remain campaign!

Make your mind up!

Work it out for yourself - you'll get there in the end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You appeared to be under the impression that fishing quotas are purely a EU thing; so I provided an example to show that they are used worldwide to preserve fishing stocks for future generations.

Anyone who believes that the UK wont instigate quotas, probably the same as now, after all of this is settled is seriously deluded.

It was you, not I, who brought the WA into this

I know why; it's not only because I have dared to believe that my country is taking the wrong road but have also used my democratic right to say so.

For the purposes of this debate Fishing quotas are a EU "thing". By the time the CFP was modified with preservation as a consideration, fish stocks were already decimated. I hope the UK does set revised quotas....for British boats.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

For the purposes of this debate Fishing quotas are a EU "thing". By the time the CFP was modified with preservation as a consideration, fish stocks were already decimated. I hope the UK does set revised quotas....for British boats.

Why don't you Brexiteers check facts?

The CFP was formed primarily for two reasons: to ensure sustainable fisheries and guarantee incomes and stable jobs for fishermen (source).

Of course, as far as the British fleet is concerned, many of those stable jobs disappeared when British owners sold their licences to foreign ones!

If the UK government is able to take back the licences sold to foreign owners and issue them to British ones, how long, I wonder, before those British licence holders resell them back to foreign owners! Not long, I reckon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Why don't you Brexiteers check facts?

The CFP was formed primarily for two reasons: to ensure sustainable fisheries and guarantee incomes and stable jobs for fishermen (source).

Of course, as far as the British fleet is concerned, many of those stable jobs disappeared when British owners sold their licences to foreign ones!

If the UK government is able to take back the licences sold to foreign owners and issue them to British ones, how long, I wonder, before those British licence holders resell them back to foreign owners! Not long, I reckon.

The CFP Primarily failed. I reckon.

• Like 1

the way it looks right now Biden seems to pull it off in the US

as he is not a fan of Brexit or BJ it will not be easier to secure a favourable trade deal with the US

(mebbee Farage would be needed as UK Amb. to the US)

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

We can only hope this means that both the UK & EU will be even more focused to pull a deal together that maintains the Good Friday Agreement as Biden won't look to kindly on either side if this is broken. 

Yeah Biden would definitely make a deal with the US more difficult. 

Remainers should be delighted, since they genuinely believe that any deal with the US means selling off the NHS and being force fed chlorinated chicken 3 times a day ????.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah Biden would definitely make a deal with the US more difficult. 

Remainers should be delighted, since they genuinely believe that any deal with the US means selling off the NHS and being force fed chlorinated chicken 3 times a day ????.

Eating 7/7 fish is more likely in case   " Australian " deal ????....only with Christmas clorinated ..Turkey..????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I've already worked it out: leave lies = Vote.Leave lies; although I grant you other leave campaigners, particularly Farage's lot, told as many if not more.

It is strange that you keep using the word "lies" regarding the leave camp, as we all know you know everything, so did the remain camp tell any lies, if so what were they...?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Another over-the-top Express headline. Who'd have thought it?

Any trade deal is to be welcomed, but let's put this into perspective. We did $396 MILLION worth of trade with Kenya in 2018, but £672 BILLION worth of trade with the EU in 2019.

There are two substantial trade deals to be had for the UK and Johnson seems determined not to do one of them.

Think it's your tea time.....:coffee1:

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

The CFP Primarily failed. I reckon.

How so.

You said yourself that prior to the CFP fish stocks were being decimated; now, in the North Atlantic area at least, they are increasing.

I don't expect you to believe me; but will you believe some British fishermen?

Euro Fish Stocks increased 36% In Last Decade.

Overfishing In EU Waters At All-Time Low

The CFP isn't perfect; but it's better than nothing. With what would you replace it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

It is strange that you keep using the word "lies" regarding the leave camp, as we all know you know everything, so did the remain camp tell any lies, if so what were they...?

7by7, did you miss my question...?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Here's an A to Z list of Brexit lies

Final Say: The misinformation that was told about Brexit during and after the referendum

• Like 2