Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will be no downside to Brexit, only considerable upside. David Davis   The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and can choose the path we want. Michael Gove

Why should the EU negotiate with an ex-member, that voted to leave ? They should let Britain stand outside in the cold for twenty or twenty-five years. Then maybe let them back in, if they ask nicely.

Hilarious so if  those 27  countries  all had an 3  trillion economy it should   be  81   trillion instead of the paltry 18.4  trillion

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Don't you just hate fake stories circulating in the media?

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 05.12.15.png

No challenge from me as I don't care.........🤭

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, my ego has nothing to do with anything, I don't understand the main part of your post for an "accurate" reply....Try again...

You have to do it with this chap...

It is even not important for me you understand it as that would not change your thinking way ...

,  important is that you finally close the door behind you and go enjoy your brexit and stop trying full membership with no pay as a non member third country

Wont work 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, transam said:

But it seems you cannot close the door, you are a Belgian chap posting about Brexit here near every day, just posting doom and gloom in the now free British direction. 

Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. 

But, I don't think you understand what Brexit is about for me and many others, and that is, we do not want to be part of your 'family' any more, we want to be friends, just like in our own individual daily lives, but we want that by moving back into our own home, which means our land and sea borders.

The EU is stamping its feet at our departure, which is very clear with the threats they are handing out, those gestures just point out to us all what the EU is really about, and for sure doesn't surprise me one bit. 

You can keep your future U.S. of G., enjoy it...:clap2:

The only wise words today 🤔

"Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. "

And as you U.K.brexiteers pulled us E.U. in that....so we reply here untill you are gone out of the doorway 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
5 minutes ago, transam said:

but we want that by moving back into our own home, which means our land and sea borders.

Seems fair at the first sight.

But as everything has a price,  your government is prepared to lease/rent its land and sea to others, but at the right price and conditions. 

These nationalists outcry is just a snapshot, because you haven't obtain yet what you want. 

This is a matter of politics/business en vogue worldwide. 

I would be very surprised the U.K. would handle differently than all other countries in that matter. 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, david555 said:

The only wise words today 🤔

"Of course that is your prerogative as a TVF member. "

And as you U.K.brexiteers pulled us E.U. in that....so we reply here untill you are gone out of the doorway 😁

We are gone out of the doorway.....🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

because they have proved themselves to be a bunch of charlatans,

because they don't give to the UK what the UK wants you call them charlatans.... do you have kids? if so when they asked you for something and you declined their request, did you ever wonder what they may have called you .... 555 maybe not charlatan

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

because they don't give to the UK what the UK wants you call them charlatans.... do you have kids? if so when they asked you for something and you declined their request, did you ever wonder what they may have called you .... 555 maybe not charlatan

I think if my children ever asked me if they could decimate the UKs fishing waters I'm afraid I would have to say no also.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Thanks for the link but I cannot find anywhere the quote you mentioned, would you mind highlighting it. I'm suspecting though that he never said it, would that be a fair conclusion. Just to remind you you quoted Mr Gove saying  "No we are still in the huff and dont want to talk".

The nearest quote I can see from your link is Gove saying "Even while I have been at the dispatch box it has been reported that there has been a constructive move on the part of the EU and I welcome that … obviously we need to work on the basis of the proposed intensification they propose. And I prefer to look forward in optimism than look back in anger.”

He said Downing St was in a huff, perhaps referring to the comment telling the EU rep not to bother coming to London for talks.

On Marr's programme, Gove said the door to further talks was not closed, it was ajar. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bannork said:

He said Downing St was in a huff, perhaps referring to the comment telling the EU rep not to bother coming to London for talks.

On Marr's programme, Gove said the door to further talks was not closed, it was ajar. 

I think you have missed a bit out after.............. "London for talks".....🤔