Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Why bother?we,ve already got democracy in the uk,pity remainers can,t accept it, its getting boring and repetitious now.

oh , we accept .....but not the continuous trying to keep same trade benefits as a third country ….! Imagine Zimbabwe could also claim so ????   ......…,"out means  out " was the mantra (dixit T.May) ,so have it in full enjoyment ????

"Australia deal" is auto granted ????, oh !...maybe it was that what Fox meant that time," Brexit " the easiest thing in human history". ...???? 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

So ...is he retarded ?….as he needed that  "dead time " to understand what he agreed on ….., now I start understanding his failures & many U-Turns  ????

He just wasn't very well for a while.

5 hours ago, kingdong said:
8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Whereas if you do it with the 24th October 2020 one you'd end up with 58% for Remain or 55% for leave. Do it with the  11 December 2019 one and you'd end up with 53% Remain or 49% Leave!

You can play such mathematical games with both set polls to produce the result that suits you. Reputable polling organisations, though, don't.

However, neither campaign wasted their time and money targeting  those who had already made up their mind; whether they'd been committed Leavers or Remainers since 1975 or became so later! They targeted the don't knows.

Expand  

Big red bus the symbol of democracy.

Yes, Boris' bus and it's £350 million lie was targeted at the don't knows.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

And you want to rejoin the eu if scotland gets its independence?you couldn't make it up,even rats know when to desert a sinking ship.

Him and his like would join the Moonies if it goes against the UK. He is anti British and cant see past his own nose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I am fully aware of the effects of EU membership on UK residents and the potential effects of Brexit on us as well. That is why I voted Remain and consider the referendum result to be an economic disaster for the UK on a par with the South Sea Bubble, the 1929 depression and the 1972 stock market crash.

I made it perfectly clear why I said you are treading on dangerous ground. But let's put it in simpler terms.

Don't you realise that, unsurprisingly given the nature of this board, that most Brexiteers here also live in Thailand?

But maybe you think your criticism doesn't apply to Brexiteers, only Remainers?

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yes, Boris' bus and it's £350 million lie was targeted at the don't knows.

How many times are you going to lie about what the signage on the bus said?it said the money could,not would be used to fund the nhs,is english your first language?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

And you want to rejoin the eu if scotland gets its independence?you couldn't make it up,even rats know when to desert a sinking ship.

Think you need to read my post again.

Its the US that imposed tariffs on Scotch whisky. Not the EU.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No problem,the usa can buy.their scotch whiskey from britain tariff free from the 1st jan,thats the point i was trying to make that you obviously couldn't comprehend,still i hope you get your independence and rejoin the eu then your scotch whisky will be too expensive,and everyone will be buying it from whats left of the uk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

No problem,the usa can buy.their scotch whiskey from britain tariff free from the 1st jan,thats the point i was trying to make that you obviously couldn't comprehend,still i hope you get your independence and rejoin the eu then your scotch whisky will be too expensive,and everyone will be buying it from whats left of the uk.

We will be trading with the US under WTO rules which is not tariff free.

Also, at the risk of repeating myself, it was the US which imposed a 25% import tariff on Scotch whisky which will remain in place until Biden removes it. The first of January makes no change to that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So what ,i commented on the fact tariffs have been imposed,britain will be out and free to do our own deals after 1st jan,while you want another referendum on scottish independence and rejoin the eu if successful,( previous posts )

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

So what ,i commented on the fact tariffs have been imposed,britain will be out and free to do our own deals after 1st jan,while you want another referendum on scottish independence and rejoin the eu if successful,( previous posts )

We are free to do our own deals yes but it was the US which imposed the tariff on Scotch whisky. That tariff will remain in place until the US lifts it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

I don't know anyone with anti-Scottish, Anti-Irish, Wales, or even anti-British sentiment.
It must be said anti-English.

Well if you don't know that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are part of the UK and have been for a long time you don't know very much and have a lot to learn.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

And you who know everything and are going to educate us as an omniscient Englishman.

This smugness, like your pretentious avatar, perfectly symbolizes the unanimous rejection that you encounter outside your borders.

Another 2 months and bye !

Do you envy the UK now actually having a border, the very same wide border that saved you from extinction.

Avatar, hmmmm, I hope mine is OK for you......????

46 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

And you who know everything and are going to educate us as an omniscient Englishman.

This smugness, like your pretentious avatar, perfectly symbolizes the unanimous rejection that you encounter outside your borders.

Another 2 months and bye !

Here's an idea Victor, if you can't post without showing your intense dislike of the English, maybe you should not be posting.

It was an United Kingdom referendum which all four nations are part of, Wales equally voted to leave the EU, but hey, it's only the English that gets the full might of your words. You are obviously extremely dissappointed at the democratic result or else you would not be insulting us ad infinitum. I'm sure in time you will get over the result and might find it in your heart to forgive the UK for not voting as you would have liked us to have done, but hey, c'est la vie.

As for the LGs avatar being pretentious, could you explain how Laurel and Hardy depict pretentiousness.

Are you having a bad day, a bad 5 years perhaps? ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

We will be trading with the US under WTO rules which is not tariff free.

Also, at the risk of repeating myself, it was the US which imposed a 25% import tariff on Scotch whisky which will remain in place until Biden removes it. The first of January makes no change to that.

Scotch whisk y imported from the eu