Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Is it just me or do I detect the smell of sour grapes in the air.

i dont know the taste or smell of sour grapes , but it seems you know them very well....????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A so-called "Australia deal" means that the United Kingdom would trade on World Trade Organization terms: as a country without an EU trade agreement, like Australia, tariffs would be imposed under WTO rules, likely causing significant price rises.

.... the consensus was wrong on the 2016 Brexit referendum: when Britons voted by 52-48% to leave,

555... 555 ... what else to say,  BJ/Cummings don't understand market economics

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

.... the consensus was wrong on the 2016 Brexit referendum: when Britons voted by 52-48% to leave,

555... 555 ... what else to say,  BJ/Cummings don't understand market economics

Or you, the British people.....????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Our fishing industry will expand rapidly without the merciless competition from the EU super trawlers.

fishing may expand, unfortunately nobody to buy it, EU will prioritize buying from their members

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MRToMRT said:

I think the UK people, where I live, don't give a damn, they just want closure which ever way. If its no deal its no deal. So be it. Let put this to bed and get on with trying to make our futures.

Yep, they have seen the EU in action, a deal could be made, but they want to carry on using our waters for starters. I think us Brits stand stead fast in that our land and waters revert to our own control, we then go from there....

• Like 2

Meanwhile HMG are still getting on with trading with the RotW:

Joint Statement on the Anglo-Chilean Trade Dialogue

HMG launches Export Growth Plan to help businesses

The United Kingdom and Côte d’Ivoire sign Economic Partnership Agreement (Rhubarbed in a separate thread yesterday)

Restating the UK's relationship with its Overseas Territories

Key paragraph applicable to this board:

"as we negotiate a future relationship with the European Union, the United Kingdom has committed fully to involve the Overseas Territories, including Gibraltar, to ensure that their priorities are taken into account at every stage of the process. Given that Gibraltar has a particularly strong interest in that question we have also established a separate UK-Gibraltar Joint Ministerial Council on Gibraltar-EU negotiations".

& here's what Boris said about the ???????? to the ???????? electorate yesterday.

PM statement on negotiations with the EU: 16 October 2020

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Living under a bid stick is what you are now doing in Thailand under the present Government.

Really?

I am not a big fan of the current government. But it's a lot better than all those years with Thaksin and his little sister.

And look at Covid. I think Prayut did a great job in that regard.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Doesn't like is a fair possibility.

Envious, you're not the only one mentioning this.

It's rather insightful , some Britons are so full of themselves that they are really convinced that other nationalities are envious of them.

Which explain partially why they are not liked.

That's only the bar stool ones........:stoner:

6 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Doesn't like is a fair possibility.

Envious, you're not the only one mentioning this.

It's rather insightful , some Britons are so full of themselves that they are really convinced that other nationalities are envious of them.

Which explain partially why they are not liked.

Don't hold back Luke, say what you think.????????????

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

I am not a big fan of the current government. But it's a lot better than all those years with Thaksin and his little sister.

And look at Covid. I think Prayut did a great job in that regard.

You're a tea total-er then....The big stick drinking at home ban didn't affect you.....????

17 minutes ago, transam said:

That's only the bar stool ones........:stoner:

Not my experience,

I generally don't like the Britons of Pattaya, because I not understand the way they speak English.

I don't like the Britons I met in Thonglor, generally full of themselves, despite that in every way they don't come to the ankles of the Japanese residing there.

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Not my experience,

I generally don't like the Britons of Pattaya, because I not understand the way they speak English.

I don't like the Britons I met in Thonglor, generally full of themselves, despite that in every way they don't come to the ankles of the Japanese residing there.

Aaaaah, but you have never met me, or even heard me sing.  :guitar:.

Many from here have, never to be seen again, until I told them I gave up singing........????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it seems like no one is caring about what Mr, Johnson is saying, which at least show some intelligence somewhere in the leadership of Britain.

This is a total moron, that do not understand that he can not go against his peoples wishes. I guess the common citizen of the UK is going to have to change much of their daily life, just because ne person have a bad brain.

He isn't going against his people's wishes.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

"However, Barnier and his British counterpart David Frost had agreed to speak again early next week, Downing Street said." 

I don't read the meeting of next week, will take place in the U.K..

ET phone home....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dimitriv said:

I answered your question. It can be part of a deal. Macron asks one thing, and in return the UK fishermen can sell their fish to the EU. Selling to the EU is a favor the UK can get, or not if there is no deal. I really don't see the problem. The UK is independent now, so they have the right to refuse this.

Macron didn't say that he has warships stand-by to let French fishermen fish in UK waters. He just asks politely, and the UK can refuse. So they did. And now the UK fishermen will lose their jobs.

That's why the UK fishing fleet is being expanded, I suppose?