Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

3 hours ago, vogie said:

They perhaps get a little jaded at pointing them out to you on a daily basis, the reasons that have been given to you have not changed.

Brexiteers pointing out the benefits of Brexit on a daily basis?  Then you should have no trouble linking to a couple of posts where they have done so.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I must assume my post went right over your head.

I specifically asked to be convinced so I could get behind it.

Something Brexiteers seem unable or unwilling to do.

You are calling for Remainers to back Brexit but failing to bring an argument for why we should. 

Your posts go over most peoples heads,you ask for explanations then when the person gives you one you,re intellectually incapable of addressing it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Wrong.

It's 'Whiskey in the Jar.' A traditional Irish folk song.

Scotch whisky does not have the 'e;' even if distilled outside Scotland. Irish whiskey and all other whiskies do.

It was a bottle the song wtiter had bought on a trip to scotland and when he returned to ireland he decanted it into a jar.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Is it really so unreasonable to ask for some evidence - or at least, a coherent argument -  to support this theory that Brexit will deliver a future full of bright new tomorrows for the UK?

I tried the 'closing my eyes and wishing really hard for something' approach on the morning after the referendum. It didn't work then, and I don't hold out much hope that it will now.

Anyone got any evidence whos going to win the 3.30 at aydock park tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

Thanks Nauseus, gave me a good laugh again, badly needed on this post. Hope I didn't mislead you with the incorrect movie - Kelly's Heroes is the one.

You are both welcome and forgiven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Wrong.

It's 'Whiskey in the Jar.' A traditional Irish folk song.

Scotch whisky does not have the 'e;' even if distilled outside Scotland. Irish whiskey and all other whiskies do.

Grammar and Spelling Police strike again. :post-4641-1156693976: 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Anyone got any evidence whos going to win the 3.30 at aydock park tomorrow?

Nag's Head has won its' last 3 races at Haydock over the same distance. Pony's Tail has failed to finish in its' last 3 races. I reckon that Nag's Head has a better chance of winning than Pony's Tail. Does this mean that Nag's Head will win and that Pony's Tail won't. No, but a day away from the race I'd say that Nag's Head's got a better chance.

Why don't you have a go at constructing a meaningful argument in support of 'No deal' rather than going off at a tangent?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

I haven't claimed anything, it's you with your ant-British thoughts that are taking you round and round in circles, but hey, think we are used to that by now....????

Anyhoooo, off out to a party now, see you tomorrow.....????..................???? 

Once again you equate anti Brexit with anti British.

Enjoy your party. I honestly mean that. We live in troubled times and its good to get some fun sometimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

Have you not heard of the Covid 19 pandemic. EU is not in a good state either at this time. But, of course, in your prejudiced and depressing eyes, it will all be the fault of Brexit which, by the way, doesn't take full effect until 31/12/20.

The corona pandemic is bad enough but you guys have lumped Brexit on top of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Still in the eu,and won,t be leaving till 31 dec and you expect all brexiteers to be able to read the future.

You are now responding to your own posts?

Anyway we left already under Johnsons oven ready deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You are now responding to your own posts?

Anyway we left already under Johnsons oven ready deal.

No just continually replying to rhe continuous requests from remainers wanting their fortunes told,is selective memory loss as common amongst remainers as it appears to be?

19 minutes ago, RayC said:

Nag's Head has won its' last 3 races at Haydock over the same distance. Pony's Tail has failed to finish in its' last 3 races. I reckon that Nag's Head has a better chance of winning than Pony's Tail. Does this mean that Nag's Head will win and that Pony's Tail won't. No, but a day away from the race I'd say that Nag's Head's got a better chance.

Why don't you have a go at constructing a meaningful argument in support of 'No deal' rather than going off at a tangent?

Why should i ?the peoples vote did that,why keep whingeing about the result?it was three years ago,get over it,theres a financial storm in the post thats going to make the 2009 recession look like the teddy bears picnic,and all the remainers seem worried about is holland having a possible embargo on the export of clogs into britain

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingdong said:
3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Brexiteers pointing out the benefits of Brexit on a daily basis?  Then you should have no trouble linking to a couple of posts where they have done so.

Why do you and your ilk keep demanding future events?,we,re

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

Still in the eu,and won,t be leaving till 31 dec and you expect all brexiteers to be able to read the future.

We're not 'demanding future events' nor any explanation of same. We're not expecting you to read the future.

What we would like, though, is some sensible explanation of what you lot believe will be the benefits to the UK of Brexit.

After all, you Brexiteers voted for it and have been vehemently arguing in favour of it both before the referendum and ever since; so you must believe there will be some!

Edited by 7by7
Correct grammar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

We're not 'demanding future events' nor any explanation of same. We're not expecting you to read the future.

What we would like, though, is some explanation of what you believe the benefits to the UK of Brexit. After all, you Brexiteers voted for it and have been vehemently arguing in favour of it both before the referendum and ever since; so you must believe there will be some!

This subject has deen going on for over 3 years the views over the benefits of leaving have been told time and time again so can only conclude you,re trolling.

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

It's not whining about the result, it's concern about the future.  

Although I hope that you are wrong, you make a good point about a possible future financial storm. However, imo dismissing the possible effects of Brexit within that context in a flippant manner is a mistake. Moreover, if you feel that membership of the EU is such an irrelevance, why be so vociferous in its' denounciation?

You answered your own question re flippant manner,the pending s**t storm is going to dwarf brexit,what gets my goat is the remainers who since the peoples vote have tried none stop to derail brexit weakening the uks bargaining position.if you think brexit is going to be such a disaster why stay on a sinking ship?and as for my comments about a financial storm,believe me i hope i,m wrong too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RayC said:

Nag'Nag'Nag'

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

1. Yes;  and I've never denied it. But they did so with just 43.6% of the vote. Don't forget, though, that Johnson now wants to tear up his WA upon which the Tories based their whole campaign!

2. Yes; Labour lost many seats with a fall in their share of the vote of 7.8%.

3.) No. Even though the LibDems lost one seat, they did increased their share of the vote by 4.2%, the largest increase of any party. Hardly a humiliation.

I've answered your questions; will you now answer mine?

Surely if what you say is true, the Tory share should have gone up by roughly the same amount as Labour's went down?

Have you any explanation as to why it didn't?

I suspect, though, that you will continue to ignore them. You demand answers from others, but refuse to give them yourself.

3. The spokesperson and leader of the Lib Dems that promised YOU the UK will stay in the EU was chucked out.

So what message did that tell remainers....?

• Like 1

Brexit punishment drawn up! Barnier threatens trade tariffs in plot to FORCE Boris to cave

MICHEL Barnier has dangled the threat of crippling trade tariffs over British exporters unless Boris Johnson caves in a row over post-Brexit fishing rights.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1358090/Brexit-news-Michel-Barnier-UK-EU-trade-talks-latest-fish-no-deal-tariffs-update
  • Sad 1