Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I am not apologising. I know Brexit is stupidity on stilts and was only brought about by feeding the gullible meaningless slogans and buzzwords which anyone with half a brain could see through. And of course there was always the unspoken but inferred aspect of immigration. 

Now you tell me what kind of person would be susceptible to the above.    

Such little bait, but you could not resist a nibble.

Remaining predictable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

I'm pretty certain that you will find that Remainers put a 'x' in the box marked 'Remain in the European Union' back in 2016.

Still not taking any responsibility or accountability for the situation that you have put us in, I see. Always the other side's fault when things go wrong, be it 'Remainers' or the EU.

I immediately see a flaw in your argument, there were more voters that placed a cross in the leave option.

Where we are today is solely down to the remainers, credit where credits due.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the tunnel will still be running containers of freight come january ,its all very seamless nowadays

On condition that there is not one ( or more) truckload driver forgot their passport or that it has not  enough month's valid still on it .....by preference on the control entry .....blocking the 300 behind ....( can be happening for both U.K. or E.U. drivers ...)????????????????

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Question is are you going to be rushing back to the UK to help do all this rebuilding of the economy caused by Brexit?

After all. Its your patriotic duty to help get all that fruit and veg picked now your dream of preventing immigrants from doing it has been fulfilled.

Or will you just be staying in your armchair? 

Yet another stupid post from the ant-Brit....????

12 hours ago, david555 said:

On condition that there is not one ( or more) truckload driver forgot their passport or that it has not  enough month's valid still on it .....by preference on the control entry .....blocking the 300 behind ....( can be happening for both U.K. or E.U. drivers ...)????????????????

Gawd 'elp us, what next with your daft scenarios....????

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Wonder how many, voting Remain, can be labelled as anti-Brit ?

After all they are convinced that, as true patriot caring about their country, the best thing for the U.K. was to remain in the E.U..

Now it will take a long time, maybe years, in my opinion, before Brexit will show concrete, visible results.

If positive Remain voters will have to admit that their opinion was false.

If negative sure some will insult the Leave voters for anti- Brit, as by their vote they put the U.K. in a worse situation it was before.

My ant-Brit thing is regarding posters here that over the years have shown themselves to be that, not remainers in general.

Brexit is done, the UK moves on to its future, but some Brit folk here slag off the UK at every opportunity instead of understanding that fact. These people show their real colours.

I have no problem with remainers here that do not resort to slagging off THEIR country because Brexit didn't go their way. Those from across the channel that slag off the UK at every opportunity are frowned upon by me, but I suppose if that's their daily "fun", so be it, but to me look rather foolish...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Criticizing, expressing one's opinion,  is a concrete something.

Labelling it as a "slagging off', is a personal perception.

Depends on  the context it is used. I am sure you have read many posts from a few  euros that are just baiting, with no substance posts, done just for a reaction...Of course that is forum stuff, but slagging off my country is a no-no for me and is not needed...

More 'getting on with it' from HMG

Foreign Secretary's call with Arancha González-Laya, 12 November 2020

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab spoke to the Spanish Foreign Minister today to discuss the UK and Gibraltar’s future relationship with the European Union.

Foreign Secretary's call with Luigi Di Maio, 12 November 2020

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab spoke to Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio today to discuss the UK and Italy’s partnerships in 2021.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

No your problem is every time you lose an argument you resort to insults and asinine posts. Your latest one being to label anyone who does not agree with your view as being anti Brit. They are not. They are anti Brexit. 

Voting to leave the EU is not patriotic. It never was and never will be. In what way does voting to damage your country demonstrate patriotism? 

You believe you are a patriot when in fact your insults to fellow Brits because of their political views demonstrates you are not. 

No, my problem is, folk like you siding with non-Brits instead of backing your own people now Brexit is fact....????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

No your problem is every time you lose an argument you resort to insults and asinine posts. Your latest one being to label anyone who does not agree with your view as being anti Brit. They are not. They are anti Brexit. 

Voting to leave the EU is not patriotic. It never was and never will be. In what way does voting to damage your country demonstrate patriotism? 

You believe you are a patriot when in fact your insults to fellow Brits because of their political views demonstrates you are not. 

"every time you lose an argument" sounds  a bit too familiar??? Dual identity or just parroting?

• Like 1